Men's Wearhouse Employee Reviews

Found 1,626 reviews matching the search See all 1,631 reviews
Wonderful place to work
Assistant/Formalwear Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 25, 2019
i have helped friends get jobs here since i have left. One of my all time favorite jobs. i will recommend again and again. there is a sense of family there that you just dont get anywhere else.
Mens Wearhouse is The Mega Machine for Suits.
Salesman (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2019
My New Adventures after leaving Nordstrom was Men's Wearhouse and I have always wanted to work for them and my wish came true. Thier Business Module is Volume and it was a incredible match for my bright personality and I sold those suits in Great Volume with very little effort. They sold themselves. This company dominates the Groom Wedding Suit Market. Along with Nordstrom I have a great bridge and friendship with Men's Wearhouse.
Good Environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 19, 2019
location: W Belfort , Houston , Texas 77031
Biggest Faculty Worked in Total (227,872 Square Foot )
Great Co-Workers
Great Management
Good at still showing Employee Recognition.
Equipment/ Tool/Machinery -
Quality Top Line Products, Brand New.
Actual Cafeteria at the Warehouse.
Pros
Plenty Of Breaks, Equal Treatment of all Employers.
Cons
Distance From my home
servicing customers
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAMarch 19, 2019
My day typically included servicing customers and performing daily store tasks. Customers may need help with finding suit for job interview, or I may have a couple that needs to set up a suit rental reservation for a wedding party.
Good people but corporate is terriable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMarch 18, 2019
The people who work at the stores are great people. Just the higher ups just don't care about the people at the lower end and just drag us through the dirt and hope we stay.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Pay and longevity in the company
It was alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 18, 2019
Vacation is good if you're full-time and sick time is great too. Very flexible with hours if you need a day off during the week. Can be very short staffed at times and you have to do a lot of tasks that you may not be getting paid properly for. Management could use some work. If you can't multitask this job is not for you. No breaks, no free lunch on Saturdays anymore. Corporate is selfish and spoils people high up and slowly take more and more away from employees. You work on commission so if its slow good luck getting a decent paycheck.
Pros
Vacation time, co workers
Cons
5 dollar hourly pay, prom season, customers being greedy
Not bad at all
Formalwear Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMarch 17, 2019
a very laid back place to work. It can be competitive with sales and a little hectic at times but that's retail. Management tries their best. Not a bad Work environment.
Great company for growth
ASSISTANT FORMALWEAR MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 12, 2019
There are many opportunities to grow within TMW and the skills taught translate to future endeabors. It is a retail job, so you follow retail schedules, which means the work/life balance isn’t amazing, but it’s nothing out of the norm for the industry.
Not comfortable with company Policies
Sales (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 12, 2019
Always had the fear I could be let go because I could not make sales goal and the store was very slow. Also they had a "Up System" I was not use to. Just because a customer walked into the store, you could not wait on them, you had to wait your time. Customer's walking into the store were rotated among the sales clerk. When your customer came up they may only want to buy one thing, your were expected talk them into buying something else.They had lots of sales rules and
requirements that had to be made. If you had a customer that you sold a suit to for example, you were expected to talk them into a sports coat as well. You were suppose to sell so many pairs of shoes each month. Almost none of my customers ever wanted to even look at the men's shoes.
I was always very uncomfortable with this because I have always lived on a very limited budget and hate to be around people who are always trying to sell me something I do not want or need.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Impossible sales goals
Great place filled with great people
Customer Service Associate - Tuxedo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 12, 2019
I loved working here. By far one of the best jobs I have ever had. Everyday you knew you could rely on your co-workers to help you out if you had a problem. Everyone was very friendly and we all had a wonderful time working together. Honestly became a small family. The hardest part of the job was leaving, because it was such a great environment. The best part was working with wedding groups and bringing their big day to life. To help those couples, and to go above what we are suppose to do to ensure the clients are happy.
Pros
Great hours, Great management, Very flexible, Feels like a family
Cons
Customers can get upset during prom season, pay isn't always the greatest.
Worst place ever to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PAMarch 11, 2019
Management is horrible, they will cut hours back, the most you can work is 15 hours a week, no raises, you start at 8.00 a hour and no raises ever....
Pros
Cons
No breaks, non flexible hours, bad management, no promotions.
Awesome
Senior store manager (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYMarch 11, 2019
Greatest place to grow. Made friends for life and have life skills to cherish forever. Hours are tough with a family. But amazing! Wouldn’t trade those 10 years for anything!
Relaxed, Great, Friendly
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 8, 2019
Fast paced, and competitive at times. Friendly and flexible, slow during winter months. Great culture for selling and networking. Great discounts. Enjoy the clothing
Cons
Short Breaks, lunches
great
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverbank, CAMarch 6, 2019
a typical day of work involved sitting around and helping do simple things such as helping rent suits, and helping sell suits. At the end of the night we all have to help with cleaning duties.
Productive and fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXFebruary 28, 2019
It’s a very good environment to be in with excellent and cooperative co workers , always there if you need any type of help they make you feel good about yourself and part of the team.
Pros
Discount
Cons
short breaks
Good retail sales
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAFebruary 28, 2019
For retail sales you can make decent money if you work a lot of hours. However, it is still retail and the hour demands are less than desirable. Overall though it has been a pleasant experience and job advancement is easily attainable if you can sell well
Overall one of the better jobs I've had
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTFebruary 26, 2019
I enjoyed my time working for this company. I loved the atmosphere but management is lacking. Company can be too laid back which causes people to slack on their job. Still one of my favorite places to work but pay was not adequate for the stress of the job.
Pros
flexible schedule, occasional free lunches, fun place to work
Cons
pay, management, hours
Productive and fun workplace
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 24, 2019
- Hit or miss
- I've learned plenty of sale tactics
- Great always friendly
- wide sprung
- Standing around for hours on end
- The people that I get to meet.
Pros
Good environment, nice people, plenty of opportunity.
Awesome place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Medford, MAFebruary 24, 2019
management is great helping you and guide you daily when needed.
the pay is a bit low since the company makes large amount of profit each year, they should increase the pay.
Fun workplace
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAFebruary 23, 2019
Fun to work. Difficult sometimes, but good paying. Made a lot of friends there. Management team is very professional and helpful. Free training and good work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Men's Wearhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight