Men's Wearhouse Employee Reviews

Found 1,702 reviews matching the search See all 1,704 reviews
I use skills I acquired from Men's Wearhouse even now.
Rental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKJune 22, 2019
I was a Tuxedo Rental Consultant for Men's Wearhouse. I helped people rent tuxedos and suits for their special occasions. I took experiences in helping others, problem solving, and color coordination into other aspects of my current job and helping others with the same outside of my work. Take care - if you work here, March to May is a crazy time and bridezillas are very volatile, but usually easy to talk down.
Pros
Wonderful people, get to help people, help newly engaged couples realize their style goals
Cons
breaks can be nonexistent in peak season, customers can be hostile
Great company but upward mobility is challenging
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 20, 2019
Daily tasks include: Sales focused, team work, servant leadership, balancing budgets. Camaraderie amongst store based personal is high. Highly tenured workforce.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJune 19, 2019
Very laid back. Customers can be a handful but good for teaching others people skills. Coworkers ate usually very helpful and managers are very understanding of personal situations.
There has been changes throughout the years that have made things worst.
Assistant Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 19, 2019
A normal day consist of open the store at 9am. After the computers are up and ready to go, the press is turned on and the tailor shop is set for the day. Once everything is clean in the store, the deposits are taken to the bank and change is made for the cash register. Once all the banking is done, the store is ready to be opened at 10am. The day will continue with customers coming in for retail and rental items. Managers solve problems that arise throughout the day as well as maximize sales and help others do the same. Schedules are written for all employees. Some days there are conference calls and training classes that must be put on by management. Following the day of sales and management, the store is closing of the day. The money is counted and the store is cleaned up.
Always plenty to do and things to work on to accomplish where we need to be.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 18, 2019
It has become a place that no longer seems to have it's employees and their well being in mind. The expectations don't match the resources given to accomplish those goals. The incentives and pay do not match the effort that is put in to the daily grind that it requires to accomplish their objectives.
Pros
Working with people and helping them accomplish something for their everyday lives.
Cons
Unrealistic goals and desires for what is given to attempt to acheive those goals
Fun and productive.
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 17, 2019
Building professional relationships is extremely fun and the thrill of getting a new client is exciting. Work environment was laid back and coworkers always make your day interesting
A pretty good place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 14, 2019
I enjoyed my time with this company for the most part. They have a strong corporate culture that emphasizes giving employees the resources they need.

I would recommend as a job for those entering the semi-professional working world. it will help you get your feet wet in a company with a strong corporate culture.
Fun environment to work for
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2019
There is a lot of engagement from management on down the line or chain of command. Lots of involvement. You are acknowledged (MOST times) for your hard work and accomplishments.
Productive workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJune 12, 2019
Even though I worked at a small store, we strived to be efficient and fast paced when it was necessary. We prided ourselves on customer service because we were able to create a different atmosphere for customers.
Great management.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJune 11, 2019
Loved the people I worked with. Hours were ok and I learned a lot from the manager I had who has since sadly passed away. I felt I was a valued part of the team and had fun every day!
Pros
Management, fun enviornment.
Cons
Part time, no benifits, low pay.
Men's Wearhouse
Wardrobe Consultant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 10, 2019
Summer time is slow, and it is difficult to make sales when only a handful of customers come in. The initial training was thorough, and there appears to be sufficient potential when business picks up.
Awesome company!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILJune 10, 2019
I definitely enjoyed the years I worked at Men's Wearhouse very much. I would definitely recommend the job to very many people. My supervisors were very respectful and also very flexible with scheduling.
Detail oriented people will excel
Formalwear/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Flint, MI 48507June 10, 2019
Weddings, Parties, Proms, Homecomings - You get to be a part of the most exciting events in peoples lives. Choosing colors, styles, accessories and who gets to wear what provide daily job satisfaction.
loved the job experience
SALESPERSON (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 10, 2019
Takes a minute to learn the craft of what your selling but once you learn different people and the job, it becomes easy and make you feel like that you can sell anything!!!
Can be a fun place to work, depending...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2019
Working at MW can be a fun place to work but at other times it is extremely stressful. If you're in management you are expected to work a minimum of 45 hours a week if not more and expected to each and every Saturday. During prom season expect to work 6 days a week. Multi-unit managers as no help in supporting stores. And don't expect support from them if you have under performing employees. However, if your store is under performing they will be all over you.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 8, 2019
Men’s wearhouse is a great place to work. They like to promote within so there is room to grow. There are many different positions. And they will work with people schedules.
Easy work, low pay, good first job
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 6, 2019
I worked here for a little over a year i started out at being the lowest paid and left being the lowest paid, they even hired people after me with less flexible hours and made higher pay, the big boss picked favorites I wasnt one of them. The work was easy all I did at the end of my shift was either vaccum take trash out or clean mirrors, I also enjoyed fitting people and pick styles out for the rental weddings and proms which is the most stressful season at this job only last a couple of months.
Pros
Easy work, can be fun
Cons
Being required to do other peoples jobs and clean up their messes, low pay.
A great place to work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 6, 2019
The Men's Wearhouse is a fantastic place to work. The sales structure allows for tremendous levels of success. I would recommend any person interested in sales to jump at the opportunity to work for Men's Wearhouse.
Competitive and great platform for any managerial/retail professional
Senior Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MA 02026June 6, 2019
At Men's Wearhouse we meet a lot of different customers everyday. For me it was a great platform to developed my customer service skills that I learned from college. Our managers are very generous in imparting us knowledge and skills that they developed and acquired through their years of service the company. The hardest part of the job is that in customer service type of environment no matter how hard we strive for perfection, there is always complaints that would challenge our professionalism. Which lead us to strive harder and be creative in every possible way to accommodate new ideas in obtaining a satisfactory customer service. And for me that's the most enjoyable part of the job, new challenges, new ideas and learning as a team.
Pros
Everyone is given a chance to advance their career.
Cons
No set time for lunch or dinner due to the customer's flow.
Not the same company
Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 5, 2019
Depending on the store you either have a great relationship with your co-workers or you hate them. The company used to offer a meal budget for their employees and now doesn’t, they used to have holiday parties and now doesn’t. Their focus was on building employee moral and now they don’t care much for their employees who are the face of the company and are the ones responsible for the growth in business.

The pay is terrible, especially if you’re management. Some managers don’t even make commission and are expected to perform the same duties and give the sales to other managers or sales people and in return they get nothing.

Part time employees start out at $8.50 when the fast food restaurants around are starting out at $11.00 hourly for part time. Step back from your board rooms and focus again on your employees. We’re the ones that keep you in business.
Pros
steady work, flexible schedule, flexible time off, holiday pay
Cons
Terrible pay, company moral, unhappy employees, slave drivers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Men's Wearhouse. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight