Menards Employee Reviews

31.3K
Found 4,524 reviews matching the search See all 4,534 reviews
great for part time
Hardware Team member (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJuly 20, 2018
Great part-time work due to flexible scheduling but that really depends on the department and manager. Enjoyed everyone I worked with but working every weekend gets old fast
A Solid Company
IS (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 20, 2018
A solid company to work for and an excellent launching point for a long career. Company provides access to a wide array of technologies only deployed by larger organizations.
Menards sales associate quality and assurance of the product and person that needs help is given 100% of my time.
SALES (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 19, 2018
I feel that Menards has helped me to grow as an individual. But as management I have NOT gained that experience. There are many things that this company can grow upon. But as just a part-time person i will not share any of my ideas. There is a lot of issues that should be taken care of. For instance, finding certain products is a real hassle. The computer system should be updated. It is NOT an efficient device for working.
Pros
Discount on many items, job incentives
Cons
products are not organized or recorded
poor
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJuly 19, 2018
management sucked. they give you ridiculous hours and low pay. employees were harsh and rude. customers were rude as well. wasn't enjoyable at all!!!!
Pros
benifits
Cons
employees
easy going place with friendly faces
Hardware Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 19, 2018
typical day would include stocking shelves as well as relocating items in the store to different areas, and helping customers to the point of satisfaction.
Fun Place to work
Garden Center/Harware (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHJuly 19, 2018
Very enjoyable work. I wish I never left there. Management is very nice and professional at all levels. The best part of working there was the one on one training your first couple weeks of working plus offered product training online.
Pros
Training
Cons
Good
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgeview, ILJuly 19, 2018
Team members were the best part of the job. Job needed a lot of physical work. Management could have been better. Hours could have been better. Hardest part was being on your feet 24/7 and dealing with heavy lifting.
Great place to advance to management
DEPT. MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 19, 2018
The company is in business to make money and it shows in how they treat team members and especially managers. You work for Menards they own you if you are full time or a manager
Pros
Profit Sharing, manager bouses, inventory bonus
Cons
short breaks, lots of hours for full timers and managers not much free time.
I was a model employee - management not on same page - I did not like false accusations - non-workers get paid and hard workers abused
Morning Stocker (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 19, 2018
Big box store - you are just a warm body - rules and policies not enforced - teamwork just a term - management not on same page - no enforcement of policies - good work, good attitude, good attendance, none of this really matters - false accusations are more important than good workers
Hard working and effectively way
Floor cleaner (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJuly 19, 2018
I clean floors with a mop or the floor scubber. I learned to learn how be more efficient while I do my job. The management is good on communication with me. Helping public with things they need for there homes or projects.
Busy, no management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 18, 2018
When you are there, you are like the only worker there. I like love to work hard, but when i have to work hard becasue no one else will, that gets on my nerves.
It's not a bad job. just lacks hours
Morning Stocker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MOJuly 18, 2018
I like working for Menards, I just don't get enough hours, Everyone is fun to work with, and we all get things done efficiently.and will work with you while you go to school and work to maintain a living.
Pros
Good pay, good people to work with.
Cons
Short 4 to 5 hours a day, Strict policy even to really good workers
no room for advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 18, 2018
you are pretty much stuck in the same position until you quit. there is very little room for advancement and the pay is average high school student pay. you could not live off of it
Pros
people are nice
Cons
short breaks and can be long hours
Great place to learn home improvement
Electrical Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, MNJuly 18, 2018
You will learn so much about home improvement that you should never have to higher contractors. They equip you with the knowledge to fix repair or replace almost everything.
Pros
Knowledge, pay
Cons
Weekends, long hours
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 18, 2018
your feet tend to hurt if you worked a long shift. you get to know the people. its a great place to work. the management team is awesome. you get use to working there fast.
Pros
you get to payroll deduct
Cons
you get to payroll deduct
Stressful company that gave me no hours and I am a soon to be mom and need the money
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pekin, ILJuly 18, 2018
Management needs work and need to be giving more hours and lying to employees isn’t a way to go. Told everyone they weren’t busy enough to give everyone he hours but yet they hired several before I quit.
Pros
30 minute lunches
Cons
Didn’t always get breaks during an 8 hour shift
Summary
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 18, 2018
The manager was the worst part of the job. They didn't listen to the people that they were in charge of and you could tell that everyone hated working with them. The assistant managers were amazing though and I'm thankful that there was someone else that one could go to.
Pros
Coworkers make the job bareable
Cons
Poor management
Fast paced quick learning environment, nice people, some good days some rough days
Sales Floor Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 17, 2018
I enjoy working here as a temporary job, it has a lot of benefits such as 3 dollars extra per hour on weekends, I just need to make a career move. I would highly recommend to a friend or for anyone who needs a part time job.
Pros
Paid 15 minute break
Cons
Not a lot of empathy.
Aweful
OUTSIDE YARD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sidney, OHJuly 17, 2018
Policy was only followed when someone above you chooses to follow them, your schedule is never set in stone and is erratic hours. The management there only fed you negatives all the time instead of positives. The job does have plenty of chances for advancement but you have to relocate far.
Very good job
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 17, 2018
Pretty good comfortable place to work although the job was dirty and huh the supervisors listen and is very good and good to detail pay was okay and benefits was pretty good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menards. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight