Menards
63Average

Menards Employee Reviews

United States6,878 reviews
Found 6,878 reviews matching the search
The pay was great and I took advantage of the discount
I loved my job but soon found that retention was not a goal. Bonuses were nice but dime increases when you know that your work was outstanding was hard to swallow.
Pros
Bonuses starting pay and discount
Cons
Poor management and training only allowed to use restroom once in 7 hours and twice in 8.
Summary of Menards
Fairly decent work environment, but when it comes down to wanting to have a life or work it is always work first. Not very flexible. Gms are kind of stingy and rude don't make many exceptions.
Major lack of competitive pay
The pay is one of the lowest in the area.
Management is good.

Not many paid days off.

It seems department managers ask for the impossible for one person to complete.
People are rude poor training skills supervisors dont do their jobs no tours of facilities need better insurance you need to make your employees comfortable too cold
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Bad management Cold
good long term
Good long term job if you have no education. They hire from within the company for higher positions. Really good bonus opportunities throughout the year and bigger bonus for those that stay.
The company will also usually send gifts every holiday to your door.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Fair place to work and good work enviroment
There was a definite good work environment and got along with most of my co-workers. Getting to know the guests and making them happy. Straightened up work area or endcaps. The hardest part of the job is learning the keyboard on the cash register.
Eh.
If you're okay with the same repetitive stuff every single day this is the job for you. If you like being treated like garbage by customers this is the job for you. If you like being paid trash, but given a workload of stuff to do because your manager doesn't want to do anything, this is the job for you. Definitely not a place you want to make a career out of.
I love working at Menards
I have worked for Menards for almost two years and I will retire here. Very diverse and friendly culture. Management is always looking for team members to promote up.
Probably the best job I’ve had.
The job itself was really nice and kept me on my feet. The managers and crew from my department (hardware) so friendly and felt like family almost. The extra pay on weekends is amazing. Summer is hot and all but the garden center is always nice.
Good pay, lots of work
You get a significant paycheck but the management is not always compliant with the schedule of other activities. I would often stay very late and would work overtime.
Cranky management
The managers never compliment a job well done, only throw childish fits and insults if something isn’t done perfectly. The other workers could care less about doing a good job
Retail work
The work is your typical retail store experience. Assisting guests, answering their questions, and give them a good shopping experience are all in a day's work. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. Managers and supervisors always helpful and care about their team members. Even though the pay is low, they do offer incentives such as extra pay for working weekend shifts and a bonus if you come to work and show you are a reliable worker. They hire anyone who wants to work and be part of the company and a team player.
good to work for for college students
its good for younger people who are in college. Not for family with children. Pay is not good and there's tons of eturns and you don't get but 10 cent raise at your 3 month and 6 month and 1 year. A manager will get 75 cents more than a cashier
Pros
flexsbility hours
Cons
Pay is very low for the hours and atsnding hours
You aren’t trained, your coworkers will talk smack about you if you’re good at your job. If you miss a week of work due to being sick your “team” members go to every department and tell people you quit. Your team leader will yell at you for doin your job like you’re suppose to. Overall a very unpleasant place to work.
It Got Bad Fast
It started out as an ok job, pretty easy. But, as time went on I learned more about the workplace and how everything operates at the store, it's terrible. When other departments don't do their job, they pull team members from across the store to come help the lacking department. If you close, you are bound to stay over your scheduled time. They believe you have no life outside of working at Menards, so have fun getting piled on with hours; work-life balance is out the window. As a full-time student, I was getting more hours than I asked for and my wishes to get a decrease hours were not accepted. Overall, it's not a good place to work at unless you need a job.
Pros
Some good team members
Cons
Over scheduling, no work-life balance
They are really good at flexibility in hours worked
They are really good at flexibility in hours worked, they are very loyal to their customers and their needs and wants. Customer is always first priority over anything else sometimes.
Management and HR was horrible.
A couple of young girls became manager and assistant. They would hang out with young guys, chit chat instead of doing their job, horrible at helping other coworkers if they needed help, mostly very rude attitudes.
Shady
I didn't like my job at first working there to management and the other co-workers one for a nice to work with but after a while they grew on me and I started to really like them and I started actually really like my job and bend over backwards for my job and then they fired me for too many excused absences and I regret busting my butt during going up and beyond for them
Good Hard Work
Menards has an overall pleasant work environment, although they often struggle with poor management. Working in the yard has been the best job I've had. Get some fresh air and a workout.
Hard Work
Very physically demanding job! I meet a lot of cool people there. The job was a fun part time job that i would recommenced to anyone who needs a part time job
Beware of your own Job!!
It's essentially, me, myself, and my job. no regards for anyone elses job. they will throw you under the bus if it saves their own jobs. I worked there for 9 years and then was terminated because a family member visited me while at work. They called it time theft. I got paid unemployment for it obviously.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menards. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Menards.