Menards

Found 19 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,803 reviews

Menards insights

Based on 2,778 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

menards

it was okay the work wasn’t too difficult but when it was busy it got stressful. they’re a little too strict for mine and most other people’s liking as well.

don’t be a carry out lmao

carry out job is horrible, you are extremely unappreciated and you are treated like garbage. It’s especially bad during summer time. You push carts all day long and take bad talk from management. They make you do stuff that’s not your job.

Pros

flexible hours usually

Cons

Unappreciated, doing work that you shouldn’t have to do

Mediocre

Worked here for about 2 months job is very boring and stressful, management is awful and rude, scheduling is very Inconsistent and different shifts each day, also the pay isn't good even with 3 dollars extra on weekends overall this job is average and I wouldn't recommend!

Mediocre

Bad company

The shift lead gave orders and the manger listened to her instead of coming to his own conclusions, would not let me tell the story that the shift lead accuse me of and so I decided to quit because of that

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Good company

Strong company to work for and they really make an effort to take care of their employees. there are times when the job is very physical but it keeps you honest!

Fun place to work woth all kinds of opportunity.

For my first real job it was a lot of fun and a lot to learn. Customer service is the biggest part of the job and it is very important to be able to handle the nice and not nice people who come in. I enjoyed almost everyday.

Friendly Coworkers and Managers

I loved working here! Everyone was always friendly and never had issues with many other coworkers. Very fast paced environment. Loved every second of it.

Better hours

I think that the managers should be able to get a more flexible and stable shift hours. Instead of leaving at 11-11:30pm and having to be there at 5:30-6 am the next morning for another 12 hour shift. Very hard on the body physically.

good for retail

best retail store big box environment I worked in. always had cute ladies working up front and I made lots of friends. culture at the top is pretty cutthroat.

Overall Menards was a good part-time job for me. It gave me the opportunity be around people and be more socially active. It was also a plus to have great people to work with.

Pros

decent wages

Cons

fluctuating hrs

Poor management, too many people telling you to do one thing and then do another right in the middle of doing the first thing. If you do not get one thing done then you get yelled at. General manager would call people out on the radio about something they did wrong, instead of pulling that individual aside and talking to them privately.

Good people, and a busy work environment

A typical day at work consisted of either working in the receiving room unloading a sorting through product to stock to the floor, or working outside in the yard stocking lumber or rearranging product for better performance. I learned computer systems, basic forklift experience, Plan-O-Gram details, and how to work with a team to accomplish our daily goals. Hardest part of the job was doing most of the work when most of the department managers were taking a load off. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customer service aspect.

Nice Place to Work

Must have a lot of patience, as it is customer service. Hours are great during the summer months when it is busy, if you are a hard worker hours remain throughout winter months.

Stable Job

My day involved checking out (charging) guest's groceries daily and communicating with guest. I suggested opening a Menards Credit card for future savings. I learned the task of time management since Menards is very strict with on-time, time cards. My work place involved little interaction with my fellow co-workers since the store was fairly busy. The hardest part of my job was finding enough duties to complete on a slow day besides organizing, cleaning, and returning items. My favorite part of the job was being able to help guest and talk to them with current or future projects.

Pros

weekend pay 2.50 plus

Cons

no real benefits unless full-time

Standard retail environment.

Standard retail environment, long hours and physically demanding. Management can be unprofessional and unfair at times. There is an extra $2.50 incentive pay on weekends. Most co-workers are fun and hardworking.

Pros

Weekend incentive pay

Cons

Physically demanding, short brakes

Gain experience and transferable skills

I get to work with different types of companies while learning how their businesses operate. Then I use that knowledge to get in products in a matter that makes their business more efficient

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Insurance

fun busywork for the underemployed

The management was stellar and communication was a solid 10/10. that being said I was only working basic retail. The sales goals and profit sharing really shaped some employees into competent workers who knew how to close.

Cashier

It was okay for awhile, but i had a difficult time standing on my feet all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menards. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Menards.
Powered byComparably