Menasha Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place to work, just not sure I am getting enough job satisfaction out of the current role I am in.
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 20, 2018
Flexible part time position, 25-32 hours per week, as needed, casual friendly environment, honestly not sure why I even want to leave except that I need to consolidate my 2 part time jobs in to one, and not sure I want to work there full time in this current role,
Very fast paced
xray asst (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OH 44060September 20, 2018
I would xray parts for engine turbines. Very fast paced. The hardest part of my job was being alone when things were extremely busy. I really enjoyed working with my co workers though. They were a lot of help
its a fun and good place to work
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 19, 2018
This job ill recommend to anyone that likes to work hard and still have fun at the same time, if i was to move back to Texas ill go back and work for this company again.
Pros
got two 15 min. breaks and a 45 min. lunch and have safety lunch for not having any accidents
Cons
i just live way to far
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Orbis osage citySeptember 19, 2018
We weren't working well as a team so I picked up the slack and got no recognition so I applied elsewhere and now get paid $7/hr more so that's the only reason I left
Pros
Easy pace to complete work
Cons
Management is still trying to figure out what's going on
It was good.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILSeptember 18, 2018
You went at your own pace. The work was easy. The people were mainly nice. The work was easy. One paid break. Lunch was unpaid. The line heads are okay I guess. They had lockers, fridge and place for your stuff.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Unpaid lunch
Good people & good place to work
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WISeptember 15, 2018
ORBIS Corporation says they are a big family, and that is mostly accurate. It is a good work culture and overall has great people surrounding you. They were slow to bring up new employees (out of college) to competitive compensation levels, but they did empower their employees to be the decision maker in their functional area, which was invaluable as a first job out of college.
Pros
Good People & Culture
Cons
Slow to provide competitive compensation
A job that i did for the most part enjoy. My co-workers were most great and easy to get along with
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, OHSeptember 11, 2018
Orbis was an ok place. The pay is good ,but the management team leaves very little to be desired. For the most part, even though there is a union in place they're hands are at times tied. I got sick with lung cancer in 2016. I kept up with keeping my job informed on my progress. Somehow or another they came up with the fact that I did not. No one knew that all I had to do was come in to work one day to restart my benefits over. This was not told until the grievance meeting. Therefore in May of 2017 I discharged permanently. I wanted to go back but they would not allow me to. Needless to say, I'm still unemployed.
Pros
Great pay with incentives at times.
Cons
Disrespectful management, cold and uncaring
Poor management
Folder gluer helper (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WISeptember 5, 2018
Poor management in my dept, more incentives for new employees, less incentives to keep the employees that have 10 plus years, hostile work environment with very obvious favoritism by management!
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management where favoritism is allowed
segregated and out of order
General Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 5, 2018
I worked several different spots and every single one of the lines were slow and out of order. The management was really poor and most of the other employees couldn't speak English, so it was very hard to cooperate.
Pros
friends worked there
Cons
other employees bothered me
Quality Lead/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 25, 2018
After plant manager(RK) moved on up the ladder alot of favoritism occurred in his replacement. No leadership now
There is no communication between departments
All good employees they always find some reason to get rid of them.
Don't take care of the ones that take care of the customers..
Pros
Set work schedule
Cons
weak management
parts cleaner
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIAugust 22, 2018
plastic parts would come out of the molding machines and a team of typically 3-4 people would clean the parts. job was fast paced and had you rotate to different machines for different parts.
Pros
as a temp I could schedule my own 6hr shifts
Good place to work for!
Quality Tech (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYAugust 21, 2018
Very up front and easy to move up as long as you are willing to work! Lots of willing and goal driven people to guide you to where you need to be to grow within the plant!
Typical day
Machine Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
Supvisors do not have a clue on what’s going on or what’s running . Supervisor ‘s from all shifts do not make sure Work areas are clean at the end of shifts, do not relay what needs to be done on other shifts
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No breaks
production first at risk for safety
DIE CUT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIAugust 11, 2018
When a company buys a $5 mill machine, one does not expect safety guards to be over-ridden in the first month to increase productivity. It denotes a certain lack of faith in "trained" operators, when running faster, means forgoing safety.
good place to work and great people
Bobst Specialty Folder Gluer Operator (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN 55044July 19, 2018
The bad thing is you work on average 6 days a week. In summer time it can get very hot. But the supervisor will allow 5-10 more minutes of extra breaks.
Cool place to work
Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJuly 17, 2018
Just to many hours for them to pay us least then what we was making doing 10 it’s a clean place to work for some what the ppl is nice wouldn’t mind working there again if they change hours
I would definitely go back if asked
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILJuly 11, 2018
It was a pleasant place to work...there were times that inventory was low and the company had to send workers home. I thought the work environment was strong with good morale. My supervisor was very well-versed with very strong skills.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Good pay but poor work/life balance
j&l helper (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJuly 7, 2018
Good pay but poor work/life balance. I love their focus on safety. Whenever you spot anything that may cause an accident to occur it and report it, it will generally be fixed within 24 hours.
Fast- paced environment
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJuly 6, 2018
A fast-paced environment coupled with little room for advancements make it less than ideal for the average working man. Management was quite friendly and eager to assist with issues.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Little chance of advancements
Easy work, small, clean factory. Great pay without degree.
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIJuly 4, 2018
Starting pay is great. 3 on/3 off type of schedule. Scheduled out for whole year.
Easy work for most part. 12 hour shifts but good pay. Strict on no jewelry.
Pros
3-4 day week
Cons
No smoking on property, no leaving on break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menasha Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight