Menasha Corporation Employee Reviews

Good - Stuck In Old Ways
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIFebruary 12, 2019
There is not much flexibility at ORBIS within the company and in work/life balance. It is managers discretion for all decisions made so if you don't have a good relationship with your manager, you won't enjoy working here. Old ways and not changing any time soon.
Non-union
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bardstown, KYFebruary 11, 2019
It doesn't matter if you are a good worker or not. They will take advantage of you and try to screw you over if you let them. You have to be a good worker and stand up for yourself or they'll walk all over you. If you are a good worker they will promote you though. Not a job for the weak minded if you want to advance. I seen plenty of people walk straight out of there whether they had been there a week or six months.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Management sucks
Stressful but manageable
machine assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, WIFebruary 11, 2019
My typical day at work was showing up at about 5:30 am. I put my saftey glasses and ear plugs on and headed through the factory to my job site where I helped assist on a machine. I learned that you're on your feet 12 hours of the day and it bites back at you after awhile. Drama spreads around, but you just have to try and stay out of it.
Pros
goo lunches, breaks, peers
Cons
long hours, not flexible, hardly paid time off
Not worker friendly
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Coloma, MIFebruary 7, 2019
Was a great place to work but when it comes down to it no Matter how hard u work u dont get appreciated for your work and others that dont work get treated very well
Decent
Account Manager & Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Good place to get a start and learn to move to another company.
Pay is ok and hard to keep good people because of the lower pay scale. If your looking to move up better have a degree or nothing.
Loved this place
3rd shift team leader steal workers union (Former Employee) –  Coloma, MIJanuary 24, 2019
Team leader in the steel workers union, i would train new employees make sure production ran right.Also would run stacker roll clamp truck load rail carts and semis.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJanuary 21, 2019
Menasha is a great work environment. Everyone is pretty friendly and if you’re struggling someone is bound to show up to help. Management wants to know what’s going on and if you’re doing alright. Their really understanding about home life situations and will do what is possible to help. Gave employees holiday packages of wrapping paper bows tape and tags. And a thanksgiving turkey.
Damanding job that keeps you moving while still staying fun
Setup Technician (Former Employee) –  Monticello, IAJanuary 17, 2019
Menasha is a great place to work with plenty of advanceme t opportumities. The manaegment is helpful with all questions. The company is understanding on time off requests
People are great but the culture is toxic
Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Newville, PAJanuary 16, 2019
If you want to have great colleagues, and a mostly pleasant working environment, Menasha Newville if great for you. However, the political game is very strong at this facility. It is at the point now that, if you don't have a strong connection to senior management, the chances of getting a promotion are very slim.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
The political game is VERY strong
Alright place to work
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 16, 2019
Good job and all some people are alright to work with can be stressful and aggravating. It’s fast paced you got to be able to keep up with the presses and the work
Great people, good job
Shipping/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJanuary 15, 2019
Fast paced job, great manager and co-workers. The particular job I worked, you just never knew if you were going to leave at 6:30pm or 9-10pm. Became stressful, for myself and family. Other jobs weren't the same, had a more stable time to leave. Overall a good place.
Pros
Good pay, good atmosphere.
Cons
Never knew what time I would get done.
Fair and ethical place to work.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 11, 2019
Worked for a company that went through many changes, but they always kept their employees in the loop of progression.

Good work ethics were always stressed for production and clients.

Quality is at the upmost importance to the company.

There can be long and hard days, but mostly the hard work paid off.

Was enjoyable to work with a crew that rallied together to complete tasks and deadlines.
Pros
Employees worked together great
Cons
Hours could get long
A company with a good business template.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJanuary 10, 2019
The culture on the floor is united with itself, management is trying to improve and making progress. A lot of opportunity for advancement. Overtime is available.
Unfair treatment
Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I was a very respected employee here and advanced quickly due to my work ethics I was given several raises and recognition by plant managers, supervisors and quality managers. I was let go ten days before Christmas AFTER being given another raise and promoted to a higher position due to old attendance points before our new HR rep implemented new rules. There is no medical/sick days and for me it’s hard with children. No floating holidays you only get 60hrs which is 5 days as we do 12 hr shifts in a whole year vacation and you are REQUIRED to work holidays. There is a lot of favoritism to not so good employees and lots of negative bad treatment to those who intimidate based on work ethic. Seniority is big at this company. I was shorted money on SEVERAL paychecks and never reimbursed. Overall not a good company long term but you do learn good skills if you apply youself
Pros
Cons
Bad pay, favoritism, unfair treatment, worked like slaves
Horrible
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Newville, PAJanuary 8, 2019
I would not reccomend anybody to work at menashe the pay is not worth the work you do.it is overly strict for the type of work you do and honestly the pay is not worth the headache
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
One break other then lunch
Split Shift
Lead Relief Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KYJanuary 4, 2019
The work schedule was horrible. You work 3 days off 2 days , then you work every other weekend. Then the following week you work 4 days and off 3 days.
Pros
After getting used to the split schedule you have a 3 day weekend every other weekend
Cons
mandatory 12 hour days
Paid well but a total mess
Pressman (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIDecember 17, 2018
They have good benefits and pay. But they do not care for their employees home lives. Rules apply to some employess but not all. Management does not take workers thoughts into consideration on any decisions.
Room for improvement
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILDecember 13, 2018
I was given great oppurtunities at menasha packaging. I started through a temp agency on an assembly line and now I am a lead maintenance technician for Menasha
Pros
Profit sharing bonus. Some paid holidays.
Cons
Lack of communication. No intrest or regards to employees home lifes and problems. No sick days.
Best Place to Work in Bardstown
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYDecember 5, 2018
I've been with ORBIS for almost 7 years and plan to stay until retirement. The people at ORBIS are very helpful and I consider my coworkers to be my 2nd family. We work hard but have fun while we're doing it. Our management team is the best and always have the people in mind. They offer top pay and tuition assistance. I highly recommend ORBIS as an employer!
Pros
Minimal mandatory overtime, top pay, great people
Stressful place with management that dont even understand theor role
Quality advisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
It was awful had t0 call hr on one guy. It's a stressful en torment. The turn over rate is high due to the ignorance of the management staff. They are back stabbed and cannot be trusted. I suggest 1st shift if you do.
Pros
Place to put your lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menasha Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight