MEnD Correctional Care Employee Reviews

St. Louis County
Medication Aide/CNA (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNSeptember 24, 2018
I passed medications to inmates within the St. Louis County Jail in Duluth MN. The hardest part of the job is never knowing if there is going to be a fight break out.
Pros
Jail food
hardest day
RN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sartell, MNJuly 28, 2018
working with a variety of inmates and being on call.days can sometime be long and intense..working with inmates on multiple drugs and trying to fiqure out what they have all taken.Kudos to the nursing director..she is very smart and knowledgeable and tries to be fair..good resource..
Pros
working with the jail staff
Cons
on call
July 30, 2018

Thank you for providing feedback and we're glad to see the 4-star rating overall.

On Call can certainly depend on the day. We do have a system of checks and balances to ensure all calls received are appropriate calls (urgent & emergent). We also need and want to know if the calls our team receive are not urgent or emergent to look into each situation.
The rotation is generally manageable with the average rotation of one (1) week every 5th for after hour On Call. There's also an extra form of employee appreciation currently tied into the On Call requirement.

Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate your time with us and hope all is going well.

Poorly run company
Full Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Central MNApril 19, 2018
MEnD is run by a very small number of people. There is no system of checks and balances. You’re expected to work well over 40 hours a week with no overtime or flex time. They are losing contracts with counties and job security is non-existent.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Poor benefits
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your time reviewing our company.

If you're currently still employed, we encourage you to bring any concerns to your Director. If you are not comfortable with this, you're welcome to speak to me in Human Resources.

The portion about working over 40 hours/week is something we'd like to connect with you about. Please reach out to us about this to review your timecard.

We can assist with the utilization of our Open Door Policy. We look forward to hearing from you.

summary
APRN (Current Employee) –  Minnesota City, MNMarch 20, 2018
Busy, productive and no dull moment.
Great collaboration with MD, MHP and Nursing staff.
Some days are longer than others.
Most enjoyable part was the staff
Hardest part was the driving, especially in the winter months
Pros
Independence, variety of cases that promote learning
Cons
Distance
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to read about your positive experience overall. As you mentioned, our staff members are truly amazing.

Your time reviewing us is greatly appreciated.

Part timer point of view
Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 6, 2017
I had no problems, no benefits applied to me due to being part time. The time I did work for MEnD I had no problems with the job nor staff. If down the line it works out for my family and their is an opening. I will definitely re-apply.
May 11, 2018

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that you would "definitely re-apply". The Health Technician position seemed to be a great fit for you which we're glad to hear. It's a wonderful opportunity for sure.

We hope all is going well and maybe our paths will cross in the future. We wish you the best.

RN (Current Employee) –  Central MNAugust 2, 2017
I started at this company as a health tech over a year ago. I worked this and another job while in school for nursing. One of the nursing directors approached me with about a semester and a half left of school and told me to let her know when I would be taking boards as she wanted me to stay with the company. I did so and when it came down to it, they offered me a job before graduating and before taking boards. This company has been so flexible for me since I have been here. The management is great and easy to talk to. I recommend this company and will to everyone who asks!

The environment is not for everyone. I would say that is one reason why there is a faster turnover rate. However, as mentioned previously, the staff are open and easy to talk to. I bring my problems to them and we resolve them quickly. They are always willing to speak with you about what's going on without jumping to conclusions.

I'm usually always busy. I would say this is a perk of this job. Also, you get to see so much and get great opportunities to try your hand at things you wouldn't at a clinic or hospital. Most of it is clinic work but you also are able to respond to emergent situations which is super interesting!

Great place to work and learn!
Pros
Pay, reimbursements, staff, management
Cons
short staffing and some facilities
August 7, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your position with us. We're happy to hear of your experience and appreciate your time and years of service with us. We also appreciate seeing that your concerns are addressed when they're brought up. We're firm believers in offering opportunities for advancement and we're glad you experienced this first hand.

It is not for everyone but once you find your niche it is great.
Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNMay 26, 2017
Typical day includes vitals, passing medications, and assisting the nurses.

I learned so much about the agencies.

Management is great.

BUSY all the time.

Hardest part of the job is learning how to adjust to the environment. It is not for everyone.

Most enjoyable part of the job is coworkers.
Pros
Fast paced and great coworkers.
Cons
Workload is quite a bit and short staffing.
October 11, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and review. Your illustration of the environment paints a good picture for our incoming candidates. Busy is a constant, especially at your facility. We're glad you found your "niche" as you called it and we're happy you're on our team.

Unbelieveable Teamwork Environment
Training Director (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNApril 28, 2017
I have worked for a few different companies in my past and am hard pressed to remember a better team environment.
MEnD is very team focused and believes in open communication as well as a positive work environment.
Upper management is very supportive and open to suggestions and appreciate input and previous experience. Your opinions are considered and your concerns are addresses, no matter what position you hold in this company.
The work environment is one of the safest I've experience as a Register Nurse and our customers truly appreciate the services we provide.
I thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday and look forward to advancing my career as well as being part of this team for the foreseeable future.
Pros
Family freindly schedules, Great team environment.
October 11, 2017

Thank you for your review! We're glad to hear that the work environment involving our Open Door Policy has been positive. We're also glad to hear your mention of the safety aspect as well. It truly is one of the safest places to work. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad you're on our team.

demanding with no recognition
Health Tech (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIApril 26, 2017
Worked for mend correctional for several years new supervisor inexperienced and let the nurses run the show with disrespect for inmates and tech and if the nurses don't like you they target you and lie to cover their inappropriateness. Constantly on the phone asking for staff to work with no regards to your responsibilities and no appreciation when you do help not a company I would recommend
Cons
management
May 1, 2017

At MEnD Correctional Care welcome and encourage open conversation and feedback from our employees. Having the ability to potentially solve and resolve an employee's issue/concern is what we encourage. The last thing we would want to happen is to not have our employees bring comments, concerns, and questions to our attention. Without the knowledge from our employees first and foremost we cannot assess the situation at hand. We expect this from our employees. We encourage our employees to provide feedback. This gives our employees the opportunity to voice any questions or concerns during their employment with us.

Our patients and their care is #1 for all who are employed by MEnD. Our staff are trained and also held to the highest standard regarding our patients, their treatment, interactions, and their overall care. If there's ever concerns regarding this, it's required to be brought to our attention to ensure standards are being met and policies/procedures are followed.

We strive to ensure that everyone is appreciated and compensated for going above and beyond their normal job duties. There are practices in place for this which are openly discussed during our interviews. Without our employees, there wouldn't' be MEnD.

We also encourage our clinic employees to inform us of their work loads and their ability or inability to take their meal breaks. This is something we monitor and take seriously. Our employees are the eyes and the ears of the clinics and we rely on them to inform their supervisors first and foremost when things are going well and when they feel things can  more... be improved.

Workplace full of opportunities!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNApril 20, 2017
MEnD is a terrific company who values their employees and is also known throughout the industry for the high-quality health care services we provide our patients. Everyone dreams about finding their career, their home... I believe MEnD is my career “home”! I have been with MEnD for over 3 years and every day is familiar yet different and unique. While MEnD is constantly growing, upper management strives to keep the small business feel.

Growth would not be possible without the employees, structure, and leadership MEnD currently has. MEnD is dedicated to ensure their employees are equipped with the knowledge and tools to be successful in their roles. MEnD provides and encourages both professional growth and educational opportunities for employees to pursue and continue reaching their goals.

MEnD strives to be the best in the industry for not only our clients and patient population but also for our employees. MEnD has several ways in which employees are acknowledged, rewarded, and recognized. MEnD also has excellent benefits: health benefits, 401k (with a substantial employer match and vesting structure), competitive compensation, employee appreciation, etc.

I'd recommend a position with MEnD to anyone looking to find their "home." Be a part of a team that is knowledgeable, appreciative, and works towards the same goal of being the best in correctional healthcare.
Pros
Excellent benefit package, supportive, knowledgable teammates & management
April 24, 2017

Thank you for your feedback about our company. We are happy to hear about your experience and we're glad you're part of our team.

Amazing Company
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IowaApril 15, 2017
Worked for this company a little over a year and have loved every moment of it.
An amazing Administrative Team along with incredible staff all around.
Benefits are fantastic - Pay is great.
Staff appreciation like no other!! Wow!
Tremendous growth over the years - Very excited for this company to continue to grow even more through the state of Iowa.
Pros
Growth Potential - Great CoWorkers - Benefits
April 17, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you like where things are going. Happy to have you on board with us.

Exciting yet challenging work environment
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MNApril 4, 2017
Mend has been an excellent place to work! I have grown overall as a nurse from my skills, to critical thinking, to recently managing. Continued education thru conferences along with receiving my CCHP is a few of the ways Mend has given me the opportunity to grow. I also appreciate Mend's intent with helping inmates gain appropriate healthcare and mental health needs so perhaps they can succeed upon release. We have a great team which continues to learn together as the company grows.
Pros
Education, work-life balance
Cons
Challenging to keep up with growth at time yet team is adaptable
A very interesting area of Nursing to work in
Clinic Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMarch 28, 2017
This is a very hard working group of people that supply health care to a population of people that don't necessarily have access to the best facilities - other than the one they are incarcerated in.
Pros
Hard working, dedicated people.
Cons
Not much advancement available.
March 31, 2017

Thank you for your feedback and comments and for your time with our company. We hope the best for you in your future endeavors. Have a wonderful weekend.

Excellent place to work
Nursing Director (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNMarch 19, 2017
Great place to work for highly motivated individuals. Fast paced with teamwork atmosphere. Excellent opportunity for advancement. Support from all employees to make clinic run smooth. Appreciation shown to employees in a variety of ways from employee awards, training opportunities, and various acknowledgements. High standards set for all facilities large to small to provide high quality care.
Pros
Team atmosphere, advancement opportunities, quality training, supportive management
Cons
Rapid growth in patient population
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're glad you're feeling there's excellent opportunities for advancement and support. Happy to have you on board with us.

Wonderful company with a HUGE heart!
Nursing Director (Current Employee) –  Waite Park, MNFebruary 21, 2017
I have been working with this company for almost half a year now and I have to admit I have never been more satisfied with any previous place of employment. The MEnD team is fabulous from the top down. I have learned so much in such a short time and learn something new everyday. Each employee has been more then willing to educate and support me every step of the way. Management and office staff has been amazing in recognizing the importance of a work-life balance and frequently stresses this importance. I will retire here! I am so proud to be part of a team so focused on providing the best possible care to such an underserved population.
Pros
Wonderful management, employee centered, great benefits, great working environment with a great TEAM, competitive wages, bonuses/benefits and other added "perks", fabulous opportunity for advancement within the company
Cons
none to think of
April 17, 2017

WOW! Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear this feedback. We're glad your experience has been positive and you're getting the support you need. Thank you for being a part of our team.

Striving for Excellence
RN (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 31, 2016
I have been with MeND Correctional Care for 1 year. This company strives to make sure that it treats it's employees well. There are a lot of perks that come along with working for this company. Christmas gifts for each employee, travel reimbursement, birthday gifts, numerous opportunities to go to conferences, food/drink/hotel, etc. The owner of the company is a doctor and is always willing to take calls and take time to listen to his employees. They treat their employees fairly. You will hear grumbles here and there, but that is going to happen with any employer. These folks truly care about making sure the employee is educated, safe, and happy.
Pros
Safety in workplace, Co-Workers, Leadership Staff, Providers, Pay, Travel Opportunity, Career education
Cons
Lots of Turnover with Health Tech Position.
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you like the company perks and employee recognition. Happy to have you on board with us.

Would never recommend this company
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Superior, WIDecember 18, 2016
This company is run by self serving unprofessionals. They have no real experience and are unprofessional in their decisions. They make so called professional decisions based on their personal feelings. Mend does not support their staff and if there is an allegation made against a staff member there is no investigation into claims and once this happens watch out! You are now on their hit list and nothing you do or say no longer contains any merit. Even serious claims/report against other employees go ignored or barely given any notice as they have their eyes on that one employee. Also reports of very unprofessional behavior are very true and continues to this day.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
Horrible management, no staff support, no reimbursement for working overtime.
January 9, 2017

MEnD brings over 30 years of combined experience in ambulatory care, correctional care, and public health nursing. The credentialing of our employees ranges from CNA/CMA/TMA/HHA, to PsyD & MD. Our company and training structure also provide opportunities to those seeking a career in health care who don't currently hold any credentials or experience. We pride ourselves in providing the ability for career growth and educational advancement for our MEnD team. Employee appreciation is a large part of our company. Employees are compensated fairly for going above and beyond their normal duties. Our practices regarding this are openly discussed during the interviewing process. We make sure our employees know their work is appreciated in several ways. Without our employees, there wouldn't be MEnD.

The business we conduct is based off a solid operational structure derived from experience, research, and keeping abreast of the pertinent rules and regulations our industry requires. Our entire business is based off of sound practices and we function at a high level with safety & security, ethics, and legalities in the forefront.

MEnD practices and informs current employees and external candidates of our open door policy and desire to help new hires succeed in their roles. We expect and need our current employees and new hires to inform us of any questions, comments, or concerns in order for us to assist. We strive to provide our employees and new hires the Expectations, Training, and Tools to perform in their roles to the highest degree possible. If we are made aware of an employee's  more... need for additional training or support, we will listen with open ears and help as much as possible to ensure success.

Concerns brought to our attention will and have been reviewed to determine the next steps that need to be taken for the situation at hand. Reports are taken seriously and with importance. Retaliation is prohibited in our company and is not tolerated. Our employees are assured of this and are encouraged to bring questions, comments, or concerns to their supervisor's attention and to utilize the proper chain of command.

Excellent place to work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNNovember 30, 2016
Upbeat atmosphere, serious care. I have never worked in a place where the people worked so well and in tuned with each other. The opportunities to learn are endless.
Pros
Atmosphere and positive attitude
Cons
Flexibility
May 1, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you feel people are so well in tune with each other and the opportunities to learn are ample. Happy to have you on board with us.

Think Twice
RN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 1, 2016
There are a lot of red flags with this company such as unprofessional relationships, poor pay, poor benefits, and lack of support from management. They will throw you under the bus if your thoughts/ ideas don't match theirs. The training is poor which sets employees up for trouble. Keep looking because there are many other options out there.
Pros
Day hours
Cons
pay, benefits, advancement
November 9, 2016

Our Nursing Directors are always available via phone, email or in person and make it a point to address any concerns as quickly as possible. Our training module in place has a minimum hour requirement in which we will provide more training if the employee expresses concern or discomfort in certain areas. Again we encourage and expect our new hires and employees to let us know of any areas where they want or need additional training. We are more than happy to provide more training to make sure our employees are 100% with the information needed to perform their role.

We strive to provide the best experience for our employees as possible. We make sure to address any questions during the interview process and allow ample time for questions from our candidates to ensure the candidates understand our company, position, work environment, and culture as clearly as possible.

intrestting work enviroment
Lead Health Tech (Current Employee) –  Brainerd, MNMay 29, 2016
continuously changing, work with an interesting clientel, bussy work, work with potentially difficult patients, typical day is giving medication to the patients
May 1, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MEnD Correctional Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about