Mendocino Coast District Hospital Employee Reviews

Normal
CT/Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAJune 5, 2019
No complaints! Fair share of work politics and awesome coworkers! Situated in beautiful Fort Bragg, CA w the Pacific Ocean as it’s backdrop. Nice place to get away from the hustle an bustle of busy city life.
Nice People
Manager Biomed Mendocino Coast District Hospital (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAApril 19, 2019
Small Hospital in Fort Bragg California. I enjoyed working there. The staff was pleasant. The job had many challenges. I was left in charge of the Phone System. Not a normal job for a BMET
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Not Really
my staff was he best
Nutrition Services Manager/Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAMarch 25, 2019
I enjoyed working there, critical access was new to me and i learned a great deal. i had flexible hours and other perks and i did get along very well with my direct supervisor. i did not get along with our current interim CEO. the doctors and nursing staff were good to work with.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
the lengthly drive
I have learned so much working there
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CADecember 14, 2018
I have moved up in all departments including Med-surg, ICU, ED, Nursing Supervisor and ED/ICU nurse manager. I have really enjoyed my time and growth at Mendocino Coast District Hospital. I love the people and patients that I have grown to love.
Pros
small community, room to grow as an employee, great working environment.
Cons
small district hospital which has no affiliation with a larger organization for policies
productive
Family Nurse practitioner (Current Employee) –  North Coast Family Health ClinicAugust 14, 2018
Work 10 to 12 hours , Provide all work related things needed to work and do a good job. I have learned a great deal and have been given lattitude to do my own work. I see approx 20 patients a day. This is a rural area without specialist.. Good team of employees.
Pros
own practice
Cons
long work day
Eventful
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAFebruary 25, 2018
The work environment would always present something that had to be dealt with. Old equipment and out dated software made work challenging. Management was reluctant to make the needed updates. And would not allow any professional training.
Pros
Very Knowledgeable Co-worker
Cons
Out Dated Hardware and Software
Worked there for many years and enjoyed being part of the community
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAFebruary 1, 2018
MCDH was a great facility in the past. Unfortunately they have gone through many changes in recent years and seem to prefer travelers over union employees.
MCDH is a very poor place to work!
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Working here was so bad, I don't know how to start! Wow, terrible supervisors, too much drama from coworkers, an overall crazy setup, the worst HR department in the industry, low pay, an awful union, basket-case med rec system, old equipment and broken outlook...

You don't want to work here! Nursing may be better, but the lab is not a good place for anyone new!
Pros
Can't think of anything!
Cons
Busy ER, needy and emotional Physicians, remote area, awful lab staff.
Opportunity to gain as many skills as you desired.
BUSINESS OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CANovember 21, 2017
I utilized their educational opportunities and was able to advance my career. I had 8 different managers in the 11 years in my position due to our hospital being so small. I chose to learn from each one rather than get frustrated.
Small place
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAMay 22, 2017
A good place to work for someone with slow pace. The town is beatiful and its on the coast . The management focuses on very small things but missing more important problems . Like bad billing methods and old and bad quality scanners and x rays equipments.
Enjoyed co-workers and their experience
skills-Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Mendocino, CAOctober 21, 2015
Worked with a great RN. She was a great teacher and very understanding. The most enjoyable part of my job was going to work.
Pros
Enjoyed Co-workers
Cons
Watching people with dementia and being understanding.
Mcdh
John Huff Paramedic/Ambulance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAMarch 12, 2015
I loved this job! I had the pleasure to work with some of the finest men and women, a lot of which became my friends. I learned so much about being an good EMT from the RN's, Paramedics and fellow EMT's. A typical day for me would be checking out the ambulances, checking in with the ER to see if they needed anything, I would do ambulance billing and county stats, run calls, and drive transfers.
Pros
helping people
Cons
multiple changes in upper administration-always threatened to dissolve ambulance department.
Phlebotomy Externship
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I externship (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAMarch 6, 2015
I did a phlebotomy externship, after I got my certificate, I worked in a high paced environment and I feel like I got good enough experience to become a good phlebotomist.
Amazing place to work, Learn so much here
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAMarch 5, 2014
I would usually check out my ALS rig, restock equipment and make sure equipment was functional, then either post at the hospital in Fort Bragg and assist in the ED with all patients or post at the Fire House in Mendocino, or run ALS calls. I learned so much at the hospital; Paramedics, RNs and MDs all willing to teach and enhance BLS and ALS skills. I didn't interact with management often, but I have no complaints. My co-workers were fantastic, such great people; felt like my extended family. The hardest part of the job was having to know the area we covered. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning everyday and interacting will all patients and hospital staff.
Pros
Learn and enhance BLS and ALS skills
Cons
Only had Per Diem shifts available when I was there
Rural hospital with 4 bed ICU
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mendocino, CAJanuary 29, 2014
Caring for patients on ventilators, s/p surgery, ETOH withdrawal.
Located in an area of great natural beauty
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Few surgeons, so more medical patients than surgical. Many patients with chronic disease flare-ups, end of life care, and those transitioning from living at home to skilled care. Co-workers are great with positive esprit de corp. Management is recently changed at multiple levels of the heirarchy. New Director of Nursing onboard for almost a month, hasn't introduced herself to nurses or held a staff meeting. Rural area, so variations in census impact hours available to work. Current low census means using PTO to cover hours for the week. Cross training to other units has been available in the past, but may not be in future. Computer charting is newly installed and learning curve still in effect. Electronic records program selected is a Next-Gen product but seems more outpatient than inpatient based. Hospital going into bankruptcy court so future mission/services of hospital is uncertain. Work 12 hour shifts. Schedule is finalized on a monthly basis, being posted on the 20th of the month prior. Some nurses have fixed schedules, others to fill in the holes.
Pros
education hours, decent pay, good benefits, beautiful area
Cons
frequency of oncall time, using pto to make up time biweekly, bankruptcy may affect benefits