Mennonite Central Committee

Mennonite Central Committee Employee Reviews

Fun and family
Work is where one spends most their your day , so being friendly to your colleagues and working harmoniously and productively as a team would be more beneficial.
Excellent Experience
If you're looking for a leadership development company, this is it. It gives you the right amount of resources and knowledge about implementing your ideas to your community and help out in the minimalist way, making huge changes.
Pros
Culturally diverse, open minded to proyects
Cons
Extended workshops
Great experience
Great experience for a contracted job. I worked with them on a documentary project and it was a smooth work flow. I really was encouraged by their work culture as well.
Pros
Great work flow & welcoming staff
Cons
It was a contract
Strong INGO with pleasant culture, and strongly committed to mission of helping others in a dignifying way
My managers and supervisors are very competent workers and very friendly. They are open and willing to talk about anything. I really like MCC's commitment to helping vulnerable people in a dignifying way, while helping to bring about positive change in places where it works.
Pros
strong commitment to organization's values, great coworkers, good dignifying work
Cons
does not have very ethnically diverse administration
International relief agency with great mission
Nearly 100 year old not-for-profit religious organization that works in disaster relief and community development around the world. It is a place that has a great culture of giving and service. I was given the opportunity to advance in my leadership abilities.
Pros
great mission
Cons
Needs to become more diverse
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Collaborative and Helpful
The company made it beneficial for me to develop myself and know how to work with others through that. The work environment was relaxed and allowed me to fulfill what I wanted to do.
Fun place to Volunteer your time
MCC is a fun way to spend your time while helping others. The staff is friendly and courteous. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed. The supervisors allow flexibility with scheduling.
Wonderful Nonprofit Organization
Heart for people and compassion filled ministry. Provides disaster relief, peace and development programs. Most enjoyable part of the job was being part of an organization that truly cares for others and matters of the world. Multi-cultural work environment.
Pros
Good benefits
Great company to work
friendly environment,

You come to meet millions of people around the world

You come to know the issue and how people are thriving to make ends meet.
Pros
free lunch
Great place to work.
A typical day included opportunities to increase capitalize and increase job's skills: photography, Internet and Software skills.
Overtime, I gained confidence on my abilities and skills to motivate donors to keep up and increase their financial, volunteer and brand support for my employer.

Management provided me with trust to manage my time and the resources to increase my knowledge of the mission and vision. This trusting management style, facilitated my work in nurturing stakeholders and was a source of self confidence.

I learned from my co-workers' creativity and insight on the art of moving people's hearts for the benefit of the mission.

The hardest part of the job was to expand the agency's appeal into mainstream venues due to a limited budget in publicity.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the end results: people receiving 80 percent of each dollar in the 80 million annual budget.
Pros
MCC provided more than adequate resources to reach the stakeholders: office, transportation and communication.
Cons
MCC operates mainly overseas, most first time donors prefer to support national and local causes in the long run.
very friendly and communal environement
They are great with helping people become adjusted and are known for their peace and resolution work world wide