Mental Health Association of San Mateo County

Mental Health Association of San Mateo County Employee Reviews

Mental Health Association of San Mateo County insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Exciting place to work for

MHA has grown exponentially over the last 20 years. Amazing to see the work they now do for the community. Happy to say I was a part of this organziation!

Used and abused.

Do not work here!! They are unsupportive, micromanage, unappreciative CEO and management. Worked for 6 mos and stabilized clients and was rewarded by being fired, by a cold CEO, manager and company. Manager walked me to my car and “thanked” me for my hard work. This place is outdated, a joke, unappreciative, and weird. No opportunity to grow. When asked for more support and supervision your only told “no” as they don’t have the bandwidth. When fired, my clients were not notified and they created MORE trauma and stress for individuals that have a Mental Health Diagnosis. Following my termination I shared my experience with a Psychologist whom validated their wrongdoing. Backstabbing, rude, and unprofessional people work here. People with no future. They want individuals to work 8 hours with a lunch, and have the work done of 2 people by the end of the day. Once you work hard others will claim credit for your great work. Disappointed, and sad I gave my life to a place for 6 months that didn’t have any intention of supporting and partnering with me to be successful. They will provide you a company cell phone, which they will track your location. This place is in such need of people that if your breathing and show up for work, they will hired you. People have started and never returned. Hahaha. That says a lot. RUN AWAY and do not work here !!

helping the mental health population transition by teaching life skills

This job can be emotional, stressful and rewarding all at the same time. The hours are long and you constantly have to be aware of your surroundings. Team work is necessary along with boundaries with clients.

Pros

free meals activities with clients lots of laughter

Cons

not very many breaks, exhausting at times

I work with some great team players

I case manage 26 mentally ill client who lived in the community. I enjoy my work because I'm helping to make a difference in someone life. I work with a great team of people. The hardest part of my job is driving all day from Daly City to E. Palo Alto. When a client get a job, enroll in school, reunite with their family, and med compliant makes all struggles worth while.

Pros

Good clients

Cons

Driving

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Jobs at Mental Health Association of San Mateo County