Mental Health Center of Denver Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Was Great Place to work...
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 5, 2018
The culture has changed quite a bit in the last year or so, and the employees seems to be getting a bit further and further removed from Executive Management. The lack of clear cut policy allows for the impression of favoritism.
Pros
Help people in need
Cons
Benefits, Culture
Mental Health Center of Denver is great however use caution regarding management at the Wellshire Clinic.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, NSJune 10, 2018
MHCD is a wonderful organization and a great place to work EXCEPT for the fact that the smaller Wellshire clinic’s management does not support nor practice the Wellness Culture or the Strengths Program as the rest of MHCD does.
It is a good place for people with mental health problems.
Inside Custodian (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 10, 2018
I like working for Mental Health Center of Denver because not only did I receive services as a client but they also helped us with work ethic skills and provided daily services like clothes, hygiene and laundry detergent for people that only were clients.
2Succeed in Employment unstable right now.
Employment Specialist II, Intake Coordinator, CWIC (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 4, 2018
2Succeed in Employment unstable right now. Many changes currently occurring with both staff and management. Embedded, long standing, hostilities of staff toward long time manager.
Top Place to work
PHASE Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2018
A typical day was different than other MHCD employees... I am remote and run a grant funded position. I work tat probation and bridge the gap between mental health and criminal justice.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
remote
Extremely supportive and collaborative
Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2018
The people here are incredible. I have never worked at a place where the people were so satisfied with their jobs. My bosses were open to new ideas, were present when employees requested help and were overall the best bosses I've seen yet.
Strengths Based toward both Clients and Employees
Master's Level Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 10, 2017
I have really appreciated the strengths-based culture at MHCD where this approach was valued and used with employees in addition to with clients! A great place to learn about trauma-informed care and they have high quality training.
Pros
Great Benefits, Quality Training
Cons
Low Pay, but no different than pay in the rest of mental health.
Loved my coworkers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 8, 2017
Coworkers made the best part of the job. Very stressful at times, but coworkers and supervisor made it work it. Nice PTO and Pay. Stable job and hours.
Mental Health Center of Denver
Home based Therapist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
My day started at 7:30 am and ended at 8:00 pm. This job has a high stress level that is attached to it. I learned a lot and was trained a lot.I though the management style was poor, with a close door system. We would not no that their was a problem until it was too late. The workplace culture was also very poor, hiring mostly white white team membrane. It can used much improvement.The hardest part of this job was deal with a very stressful work place. The enjoyable place was the different people you work with.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Culture diversity
The Mental Health Center of Denver
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 24, 2017
The wellness culture of the Mental Health Center of Denver provides a wonderful, stress free environment for staff members. The willingness to work together as a team to provide mental health support to the growing population of Denver, Colorado, also helps make this place a great place to work. Working at the front desk can be stressful, so management provides support in any way possible and allows for staff to think about their own mental health and well-being. Providing support to the public (especially those that need it most) can be challenging as well and it is a busy environment but MHCD provides it's staff with PTO and benefits. It is a great place to work, but not for everyone. You have to have patience and kindness as well as a willingness to work with those struggling with mental illness.
Pros
Pto, Benefits, Support, Teammembers
Cons
Can be a stressful environment
Awesome Job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2017
Really enjoyed working at MHCD Staff and Clients were Awesome. If I had a chance I would work there again they acknowledge there employees was all around a good place to work
They care about the people that work for them.
Residential Counselor 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2017
I love working here! They are able to find coverage if someone calls in sick or injured. They offer tuition assistance. They care about the people that work for them. They do great things for the community. The union doesn't seem to care as much about us as the management does. They keep us trained with continual online trainings. They encourage growth, both personal and professional.
Pros
Benefits, management, work/life balance, PTO/sick leave
Cons
The union
Mission means well, ceo has no idea of Dept spending or the upper MGMT shade.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
Three years, no raise, taken for granted and with work overload. Manager favors and had double standards. Asked it's to do whatever but bullies you.
Pros
Helps people
Cons
Upper MGMT don't really care about employees without lg titles. Directors play favorites.
Great place to work depending on your goals and where you are in your career.
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 21, 2017
Excellent job for people that want to advance in social service, health care, behavioral health care...etc. There are a lot of employees that assume themselves to be bosses and managers that seemingly just let that fly.
Pros
Great Pay. Good Work.
Cons
Too many wanna be bosses. Not enough positive communication between staff.
Supportive work environment
Albion St Apartments Building Mananger (Former Employee) –  4141 E Dickenson Pl Denver, COSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoyed working at Mental Health Center of Denver. My typical day would be to answer incoming calls from clients, receive clients and confirm their appointments.I was the first point of contact for the corporate office, so I received visitors that had come in for meetings with employees. I was also responsible for scheduling appointments for clients. I was responsible for scheduling meetings in each of the conference rooms for management as well as some outside companies. I assisted various departments in the business office when requested, such as HR and the Training Department.
I learned to deal with mentally ill people in a positive and proactive way. I learned about the various mental illnesses and how best to appease the people who were ill. I learned to multitask answering phones while doing data entry and answering peoples questions about the function of the company.
We had a wellness culture which promoted teamwork and everyone to use their strengths in their job.
The hardest part of the job was to calm upset clients down and find a resolution to their complaints or problems.
The best part of the job is that I felt that I played an important and vital role in helping people.
Pros
Helping people, satisfaction in doing my job well, receiving visitors.
Cons
There were days that could be stressful.
Professional Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2017
Managers were friendly, patient care was productive and rewarding. Hardest part of the job was being exposed to the traumatic experiences of others through counseling. Would recommend.
A well being based company
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80220August 14, 2017
I have been working at the Mental health Center of Denver for 3 years now and I love it. This company really does care for their employees and they make sure that you have all the tools that you need in order to succeed and advance.
Great Company
Housing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 12, 2017
Busy days, not enough upper management support.
Work load to much not enough employees. Great benefits not enough pay. To much under the table movements that make employees feel like they walk on eggs shells at work. Very rude HR workers.
Unrecognized Talents
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2017
This employer has major issues with poor management and incompetent supervisors. Staff who are highly qualified do not get promoted, rather they leave for a better job. The company is completely out of touch with consumers and treats their staff like dirt.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
no chance for advancement
Great work/team environment
Grants Accountant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Nice place to work. Very supportive environment. The team dynamic is not just within a department but organizational wide with a strong support system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Center of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight