Mental Health Cooperative Employee Reviews

Nice work environment
Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
Loved working there. I would loved to have worked there longer but for reasons I will not say I don't work there anymore. I hope who ever gets a job there loves it.
Great place to get experience in the mental health field
Crisis Counselor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 3, 2018
Company is growing and there are some growing pains as they figure out what services they can and will offer to those in the community. They have several entry level positions that are available including case management and counseling, APNs, RNs, etc. It is a a good company to get in with as they are continuing to grow and have several branches across Middle Tennessee. Benefits are decent, although if you are looking to pay for health insurance for a family it can get very pricey.
Pros
Good PTO, great entry level positions
Cons
pay not great, limited options for advancement
September 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share some of your thoughts regarding your experience here at MHC. As a growing company, there will always be opportunities to identify and fix some of the pains that inevitably come with growth. Scaling a company to reach our long term objectives takes a very strong team, and we couldn’t be happier that you are a part of it.

We are thrilled that you find your work at Mental Health Cooperative rewarding, and a great introduction to the mental health field. At the same time, we understand that compensation in our field (non-profit behavioral health) is not where it could be. We hope you know we absolutely recognize the hard work and dedication of our employees. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our clients and community are extremely satisfying. We are constantly evaluating ways to increase salaries and benefits that fit within our budget. That being said, we realize there are always opportunities to improve and continue to move forward and we appreciate your feedback on this matter.

Thank you again for leaving your feedback here on Indeed and thank you for being a part of our MHC family!

good for experience
Mental Health Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 3, 2018
will teach you patience, organization, and budgeting- because you can't feed your family on that salary. this job is a perfect fit for someone looking to get their feet wet in the industry and develop close working bonds with their clientele. I would recommend it, but only to someone whose experience didn't make them eligible for something with better pay.
Pros
relaxed, could work from the field, great management and supervisor
Cons
caseloads too large, laughable salary
August 13, 2018

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts about your experience working at MHC. While we strive for our consumers to have the best experience with us, we also want our employees to have that same experience.

We are so happy that you found your work at Mental Health Cooperative rewarding and as a great way to introduce yourself to the field. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our consumers and community are priceless. In regards to your feedback on the workload, our senior management team is constantly working to keep caseload size as low as possible. There are many factors involved but we want you to know we are aware and are making adjustments on a daily basis.

While non-profit salaries in our field can be challenging, our mission-based work is critical to our communities. We do want you to know that we regularly evaluate compensation for care manager positions to be sure we can attract caring professionals. We want happy, well compensated employees, who provide warm and compassionate care to our clients, and work hard to make that a reality. In fact, we recently gave a cost of living increase to all care managers to help offset the rising costs of living in Middle Tennessee. We also provide bonus pay for those with high caseloads.

We are glad you appreciated the benefits and flexibility we are able to offer here at MHC. These are just a few of the many great things our employees notice when they come to work here.

Again, Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a part of our Mental Health  more... Cooperative family. We wish you the best in your next position.  less

Excellent experience
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2018
I subcontracted through Mental Health Cooperative at the Erlanger Community Mental Health Care Clinic. I worked with adults, couples, children, and families. My focus was on trauma-related issues, psychosis, depression, anxiety, aggression, family discord, alcohol and drug issues, mood disorders, ADHD, and personality disorders. It was a challenging job in terms of it being quite fast-paced at times. Management was very supportive and offering excellent opportunity for growth. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see the progress my clients made during treatment.
June 25, 2018

Thank you for this positive feedback on Indeed! As you know, we work hard to continually improve the experience here for our employees, clients and community partners. MHC takes a tremendous amount of pride in helping team members manage their career development. Managers and the leadership team work to understand an individual’s career goals and engage to create opportunities that align their goals and the goals of the organization. We couldn’t be happier that you felt supported and encouraged throughout your time with our company.

While we’re sorry you are no longer with us, we are grateful for your feedback and that you took the time to leave this review. Thank you for being a part of our MHC family & best of luck on your future endeavors.

Good for a short time
Child and Youth Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 21, 2018
MHC is a good company to work for for a little amount of time. As a social worker, we make way under the national average for what Social Worker's make. The culture just depends on what office you work at throughout the state of Tennessee.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility.
The hard part of the job is the type of clients it's possible to work with, because it can be mentally and emotionally draining.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Mentally and emotionally draining
May 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review here on Indeed. We read every review so that we can learn from our current and former employees. We are happy to hear that you appreciate the flexibility our company is able to offer. We want you to know we absolutely recognize the hard work and dedication of our care managers. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our consumers and community are priceless. We are proud to have you as a member of our team and are grateful for the hard work you put in day in and day out. Again, thank you for your feedback.

Great
LCSW (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNMarch 14, 2018
Great employer, Ethical, advocates, non profit, supportive management, option to promote, training opportunities, consistent raises on merit, provides services to at risk Tenncare populations.
Benefits
March 26, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your kind words here on Indeed! We are so glad to hear that your experience at MHC has been a positive one as we try to create a comfortable, supportive environment for all of our teams across Middle and East Tennessee. We are thrilled to see that you appreciate our terrific benefits, yearly performance reviews (raises), opportunities for advancement, etc.

We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your review here and couldn’t be happier that you are a part of our MHC family. Thank you for all of your hard work!

Fast paced and stressful but love the mission
LPN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 25, 2018
MHC serves our homeless/uninsured/lower income community. It is non profit so everything is based off of grants. The work they do is absolutely life changing. The work environment is fast paced and stressful. You either have a really great day or a really terrible day. Very rarely is there an in between. Management is amazing and listened to the needs of the employees. At times MHC is understaffed d/t the difficulty or retaining staff-I believe this is due to the stress and at times overwhelming nature of the job. But once you become part of the family there is no turning back.
Pros
benefits, leaving work at work (for nursing staff)
Cons
little nursing support at times/overwhelming
February 27, 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your positive feedback here on Indeed!

Although we know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, we are happy to see you have personally witnessed the benefits our services are able to provide to our clients and community. We want happy, hard-working employees, who provide warm and compassionate care to our clients, and work hard to make that a reality.

Thank you again for your kind words and for being a vital member of our MHC family. We wish you luck in your next position!

Poor management and poor pay
Child and Youth Care Manager, CCFT (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 23, 2018
Very rewarding job
Lack of support from management
No “cap” on caseloads
EXTREMELY overworked and underpaid
Flexible environment
Good clinic experience working closely with therapists and psychiatrists.
Pros
Flexible schedule, clinical experience, good benefits
Cons
EXTREMELY overworked and underpaid, very difficult, to impossible, to have work/life balance
February 26, 2018

Thanks for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts about your experience working at MHC. While we strive for our consumers to have the best experience with us, we also want our employees to have that same experience while working for us.

We are so happy that you find your work at Mental Health Cooperative rewarding. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our consumers and community are priceless. In regards to your feedback on the workload, our senior management team is constantly working to keep caseload size as low as possible. There are many factors involved but we want you to know we are aware and are making adjustments on a daily basis.

We are glad you appreciate the benefits and flexibility we are able to offer here at MHC. These are just a few of the many great things our employees notice when they come to work with MHC.

Again, Thank you so much for your feedback and for being a part of our Mental Health Cooperative family.

Good Ethics
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNFebruary 22, 2018
The agency seems to stand by the important ethical considerations when treating clients and also in how the treat their employees. Ample support from supervisors.
Pros
Considerate Employer
Cons
TennCare Standards interfere with work expectations negatively
February 26, 2018

Thank you so much for posting your review and for being a part of our MHC family! We are glad that Mental Health Cooperative has been an enjoyable place for you to work. We work hard to create a positive, supportive work environment so it’s gratifying to read your words here on Indeed.

Thank you again for taking to share your experience and for being a vital member of our team!

Rewarding and Challenging
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeDecember 27, 2017
My office worked well as a team. My coworkers became like family. However, when caseloads were risen, it made it difficult to build rapport with families and actually help them as they needed. The expectations, then, were very high and salary did not compensate for the work that was done. Outside of salary and higher caseloads... I have no complaints.
Pros
Paid holidays, Pto, floating holidays, supplies provided, respectful team members.
Cons
Salary, High Caseloads.
January 4, 2018

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you appreciate our team environment, generous paid time off, paid holidays, and the flexibility that MHC is able to offer. These are just a few of the many great things our employees notice when they come to work with us.

As a growing non-profit company, there will always be opportunities to identify and fix some of the pains that come with said growth. Scaling a company to reach our long term objectives takes a great team and we have been hiring at a pretty fast pace. That being said, we realize that caseload size can be an issue at times, especially when we are understaffed. We monitor caseload size daily and do our very best to balance best practices with the realities of our system. The hard work done by our care managers does not go unnoticed.

Mhc
Mental health specialist (Former Employee) –  nashvilleDecember 2, 2017
Salary and poor management were the main reasons i left. I loved my job and i loved my team, but i needed more money. Raises were very minimal and you were not paid enough for the amount of work you did or the environments you worked in
Pros
great teams, supportive coworkers
Cons
pay and poor management
December 4, 2017

First of all, thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us. It is very helpful to understand the variety of perspectives that make up the overall MHC experience. We have great employees here at MHC and our management team works hard to make their time here as enjoyable and successful as possible. You are correct that compensation in our field (non-profit behavioral health) is not where it could be. We want you to know we absolutely recognize the hard work and dedication of our employees. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our clients and community are extremely satisfying. We are constantly evaluating ways to increase salaries and benefits that fit within our budget. That being said, we realize there are always opportunities to improve and continue to move forward.

We are so happy that you enjoyed the team approach that Mental Health Cooperative promotes in order to coordinate care and create a supportive work environment. We genuinely believe that we have the best people working with us and representing our company. While we are sad you are no longer with us, we are happy to have had you as part of our MHC family.

Thanks again for your feedback here on Indeed, and best of luck in your next company!

Very productive and a fun relaxing place to be
Assist and help clients (Former Employee) –  Clarkaville, TNNovember 1, 2017
I loved my experience with MHC. My supervisor was very caring and compassionate about her team. My consumers were amazing people to learn and grow with. Yes some consumers are hard to locate, but just keep the faith they will come around.
Pros
Team work was amazing, pot lucks are fun, MHC is like family
Cons
Hard to locate clients, not enough locations in different states
November 3, 2017

Thank you so much for posting your review and for being a part of our MHC family! We are glad that MHC was a pleasant place for you to work as we try to create a comfortable, supportive environment for all of our teams across Middle and East Tennessee. We understand that clients can be difficult to locate at times but we appreciate your tenacity when it comes to keeping faith that they will come back around to reconnect.

And we agree! We truly get to work with some incredible people, both clients and supervisors. We couldn’t be happier that you had a good experience with your supervisor. As a company, we recently invested in leadership coaching for managers by a nationally respected firm and it sounds like it has already had a positive impact. Thanks again for your feedback on Indeed. We truly appreciate it!

Not enough Pay
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 2, 2017
Caseload was high and expected to be managed in under 40 hours per week. They would not pay overtime. They required a lot of travel which cut in your time.
October 4, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with MHC. We want you to know we absolutely recognize the hard work and dedication of our care managers. We know the work can be stressful and frustrating at times, but witnessing the benefits to our consumers and community are priceless.

Our goal is to keep caseloads at a manageable size, where our clients can receive excellent care and our staff can enjoy their work. In fact we recently started a new process for keeping caseloads in this ideal range.

We’re sorry you didn’t have a great experience at MHC. While we can't change your perspective, we are working hard every day to find solutions to the issues you've shared. We wish you the best in your next role.

Mental Health
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNAugust 15, 2017
This job never had a dull moment. Every patient was different. It made the entire staff feel a warm sensation knowing they was able to help the patients and strive to keep each patient on the medication that was described.
Pros
helping others
Cons
Pay
August 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on Indeed. It’s great to see our values and goals reflected in your comments. We’ve worked hard to create a mission-driven company centered around the people we help. Thank you for letting us know how we’re doing.

I see five or more clients per day
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNAugust 12, 2017
The work day is very manageable with clear time management, I learned team work, good management, good work culture, hardest part is locating clients because of being homeless. lunch time is 45 minutes. At least I can five clients per day.
Pros
Good working environent with excellent team
Cons
Hard to locate consumers who are homeless
August 17, 2017

Thank you for this positive feedback. As you know, we work hard to continually improve the experience here for our employees and clients. Our homeless outreach team does incredibly valuable work with some of our most vulnerable citizens. There are few things as rewarding around here as seeing someone struggling with mental illness and homelessness make the successful transition into permanent housing. Of course that comes with its challenges, which makes the success all the more sweeter. We appreciate your kind words and commitment to those struggling with the dual effects of serious mental illness and homelessness.

value employees
therapist (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 18, 2017
Great place to work with supervisors who really value their employees and their work/life balance. Great benefits that are geared towards employee well being.
July 20, 2017

Thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate hearing about your positive experience here at MHC. Thank you for noticing our great benefits package as well as the work/life balance we try to promote. We agree, our supervisors are great leaders. In fact, we recently invested in leadership coaching for managers by a nationally respected firm. It sounds like it has already had a positive impact. Thank you for being a part of our MHC family.

Case Load High
Therapist- Dickson Office (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 12, 2017
Large case load, not alot of time off for self care. hard mgmt pressure for numbers. Mgmt and Supervision are not supportive and pressure you. More about numbers and not therapeutic interventions. Do not believe in a system of getting people well more in a system of stagnation.
July 17, 2017

We strongly agree that time off for self-care is important so that our staff can recharge their batteries and bring 100% of themselves to this important work. That is why we provide very generous Paid Time Off for all full time employees: 0-2 years of service receive 18 paid days off, 1-5 years of service receive 25 paid days off and 5+ years of service receive 30 paid days off. In addition, everyone receives 7 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays (assuming they are here the entire year).

Senior management has worked hard to lower caseloads so that they are manageable. Care management does require a lot of organization and record keeping/documentation. We have formed a task force comprised of successful care managers across the agency to help us provide best practices for our newer team members and have also implemented a mentoring/coaching system using seasoned care managers. We are doing everything possible to help our care managers to be successful.

We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to improve. We wish you the best in future endeavors.

Good Experience
Child and Youth Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 10, 2017
requires you to be able to think quick on your feet with in the best care for the client.
continuous change in case load and requirements for Job Title.
manageable work schedule
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No Stability with requirements of Job.
July 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We’re so glad to hear you appreciated the flexibility we offer here at MHC. Our team thrives on the ability to quickly adapt to the continuous changes with our consumers while maintaining a balanced work schedule. We’re committed to helping everyone continue to grow. Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Indeed and know that we take all feedback seriously in an effort to continuously improve.

Great company
staff member (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2017
I have loved working for this company and love what they represent! I would recommend this place to anyone and everyone looking for great experience to get your feet in the working world and looking to make a difference in someone's life.
Not a good place to work.
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 30, 2017
This place was very poorly constructed. The employees were not given enough money to survive in Nashville, TN. I would never work at this place ever again.
Pros
flexible
Cons
poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Cooperative. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight