Mental Health Partners Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Supportive enviroment, many opportunities for learning and growth
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 5, 2018
I appreciated working on the Kid Connects team. My supervisor was always available for questions and provided supportive reflective supervision. The hours were flexible. I was provided valuable, additional training in addition to my classes.
Lots of transition
Marketing/Outreach Director (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COMay 8, 2018
Going through transitions but the mission is strong in the staff and leadership.
Staff is nice to work with.
Great locations and convenient
Pay is within range.
Toxic management; malfeasance; liars; abusive culture
Clinician (Former Employee) –  out patientApril 29, 2018
Agency run by people who make mistakes and then lie to cover their butts. If you care about people with mental illness or yourself DO NOT APPLY HERE!
Pros
other clinicians for as long as they last, which is not long
Cons
all of it
An Internship
Social Work Intern, 300 hrs/semester (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, COApril 16, 2018
I had a somewhat unique internship in that I was not clinical. I worked various high-level administrative tasks, as well as a handful of "busy-work" type tasks. My unpaid work directly tied with MHP's Medcaid funding and making sure we still got it.
Pros
Dual monitors at most workstations, laptop and docking stations included.
Cons
laptop screens were tiny (especially for spreadsheets) and under powered.
Room for improvement and communication
clinical (Former Employee) –  Boulder, Longmont, LafayetteApril 2, 2018
The most recent CEO of company recently and abruptly departed agency.

Lack of communication regarding major event has lead to many questions encompassing ethics, leadership, sustainability, funding, and most important client care and future employment roles.

Middle management employees and overall agency communication is null and not flowing. The uncertain nature of financial stability of agency has lead many of my coworkers to find employment elsewhere. Certain employee benefits were recently revoked and there is a current salary freeze. Potential and future growth as an employee seems unlikely.

The lack of communication within the agency has led to many rumors. The employee turnover rate is very high and as a result, staff are undertaking a higher clinical case load.

The lack of transparency, rumors, lack of growth, and bleak financial outlook of company makes Mental Health Partners not an employer of choice.
Pros
great coworkers, experience
Cons
lack of transparency, high case load, unsettling environment
Mhp
Clinical Case Manager/Health (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 27, 2018
Great in the beginning and gave me an opportunity to grow and learn a lot about the field. Due to changes in our funding and the lack of growth, I am choosing to look elsewhere. Best part about MHP are the workers and the clients.
Pros
Clients and coworkers
Cons
super high case loads, under paid for the amount of work
In efforts to please everyone, we are pleasing no one, staff included
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 2, 2018
Primarily homeless day shelter atmosphere in Boulder is not conducive to recovery for homeless or more stable population. Quality of service depends mostly upon how busy we are or who helps you. In last year, leadership shows they care more about image and ideals than security or quality. Highly political out of touch leadership making decisions for client population and clinical service staff whom they don’t interact with. Clients have described us as, “Left hand doesn’t know what the right is doing.”

Advice to management: Show clients and staff that you care about their wellbeing by providing all-day security for Boulder location; it has become dangerous, people don’t feel like you care, and quality staff looking for employment elsewhere. Stop sweeping issues under the rug. Collaborate, and come prepared to meetings, if you require staff to forego face time with clients in order to be there. Unrealistic focus on idealistic growth and projects with little in place to support their success is serving to frustrate and burn out clinicians. Clients are suffering.
Pros
Clinical staff, Integrated Health Home, Trauma Center, Mesa, therapists
Cons
Chaotic, clients falling through cracks, unhealthy environment, dirty
Certainly not an employer of choice!
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 27, 2018
As stated in earlier posts, a revolving door of employee turnover due to insular, out-of-touch upper management more interested in protecting incompetent, inexperienced middle management rather than retaining talented staff. Lack of transparency and collaboration. Toxic atmosphere. Employees concerns not addressed or valued. Teams with the highest turnover correlated with poor management styles: micro managing, lack of communication, authoritarian style: "our way or the highway". Most studies show that high employee turnover has to do with management and workplace culture. Somehow MHP is not aware of this basic phenomenon of workplace dysfunction. I would not recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
Hard working staff
Cons
Poor management
Do not work here
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 10, 2018
This place would like to present itself as come kind of innovative clinic center in Boulder.
Teams will not talk to each other. Management does not know what people are doing. Recent supervisor have been fired to this reason also.
RUN AWAY
Pros
other co-wrorkers
Cons
everything
cool
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2017
nice people very happy environment. come in and start on computer help some poeple on computer. very helpful. loving poeple in work going to lunch. talking to poeple about there problems
Pros
free lunches
Cons
temporary
Strive to make a difference
TBD (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 26, 2017
Mental Health Partners does a world of wonder, or at least it tries too, within the Boulder County community.
I most enjoyed my colleagues, they are some of the best humans to surround yourself with, and they sincerely care about the work they do for their clients and the overall community.
ugh
Therapist, Teen Programs (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COSeptember 16, 2017
not worth the effort to write out all that is troubling about this agency. AVOID if you possibly can. too low of pay for work. No clear leadership. horrible benefits
Great place to grow skills
Crisis Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COMay 24, 2017
MHP gives a lot of training and continued education and room for growth. They care about you as a person, not just you in your functional role. It's a team-building environment.
Pros
Management support, room for growth
Cons
Pay
Community Mental Helath
Clinical Mental Health Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 6, 2017
MHP is a wonderful organization with a dedicated and very intelligent staff. They are committed to providing the best possible service to each client and working hard to contribute to the community it serves.
Cannot retain talent and qualified staff
Intern (Former Employee) –  Boulder County, COFebruary 5, 2017
MHP does an excellent job in hiring excellent and qualified candidates (if not over qualified). However, MHP could work better in supporting employees and retaining individuals. The turn over rate is very high. The "revolving door" aspect of employee turnover rate is not supportive to clients who need services and not supportive of the budget and work environment.

Being short staffed is very stressful. The case load is very high, and as a result, the qualify of client care. I would also recommend that MHP reevaluate individuals who work in management as the quality of individuals who are in charge of supervision was very poor and feel this is a contributing factor to the high turn over rate.
Pros
opportunity to gain supervision hours and hours towards license
Cons
high turn over rate, poor management
Good place to work, depending on your team
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 16, 2016
Overall, I did enjoy the different positions I have had with MHP. I was on good teams with mostly supportive direct supervisors. Not everyone was supportive, and many teams and locations had problems.
Can not attract enough good talent
House Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COAugust 5, 2016
I wouldn't recommend working here long term. Too much turmoil and understaffed. Skip this place and look elsewhere. Very Liberal environment creates folks that get sidetracked and can't focus on the critical issues. Cutting costs is more important to executive staff.
Pros
help for folks with mental issues
Cons
Unliked CSO, low moral, high turnover, understaffed
A good place to get started and learn
Internship (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJune 1, 2016
The very high caseload, the lack of communication from management, concerns constantly being ignored, and the pressure to manage many cases has lead to an unsatisfactory feeling of "burnt out" (I am happy my internship is over) . In my short time, I observed staff members frequently quitting.
Pros
Passionate coworkers, good place to start career
Cons
Turnover rate seems high
The opposite of employer of choice
clinician (Former Employee) –  BoulderMay 29, 2016
Management and MHP executives have noted the higher than average turnover rate and the turnover rate has been expressed in meetings. This is not the employer of choice. This is not a healthy work environment--high case loads, stringent policies, and a culture where communication is not encouraged amongst staff. Clear signs of little or no training amongst some management team staff.

The manner in which performance is measured borders on being illegal, the benefits are sub par, and because of the high case load/low pay many staff members are very stressed and can make for a toxic work environment . Isn't this ironic that this is a mental health facility?
Pros
Gain supervision hours for licensure, other team members to commurserate the bad work environment
Cons
Shorts breaks, low chance of getting a raise
Serious Management Trouble
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Boulder County, COMay 17, 2016
I agree with other reviews saying there is an "Elitism" attitude with upper management. It started in 2013 when the Chief Strategy Officer came on board. He was a very poor selection for a position that is not even needed. He unfairly eliminated very talented technical people that were leading MHP in the right direction. MHP has been wavering ever since with no technical leadership.
Pros
help to needy people
Cons
over worked, understaffed, no technical leadership