Mental Health Services Employee Reviews

tp
Advance Medical Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARMarch 11, 2018
no room for growth, not enough employees, have to do your primary job description and be a timekeeper at the same time with no extra pay, very fast pased
Pros
tsp plan, insurance, accured leave and sick leave
Cons
no room fo growth, favortism in promotins, veteran preferense dosent mean anything etc
Ever changing & growing! Wonderful co-workers and Staff!
Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJanuary 17, 2018
This was a great company to start gaining experience needed. They are about self-care and promoting it. I have learned a great deal about the Wraparound program and implemented it, how culture plays a huge role in every workplace, being more mindful of myself and others around me. I have enjoyed the families I have had the pleasure of getting to know and work with. I have enjoyed watching the successes of families both big and small for they all count. Learned how to advocate for families, with doctors, at schools, and with the juvenile affairs. Taught families how to have a voice and be confident in that voice. This has been a wonderful experience and I have truly loved my job and watching families grow and change.
Pros
hours, accrued leave for PTO and sick time, co-workers
Cons
lots of turnover, caseload capacity to high, pay never increased
La Hacienda: working in a residential setting with adolescent girls.
Child Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 7, 2017
In the therapeutic group home, staff were available 24/7, in different shifts. They were great to work with, and a wonderful experience. I did individual therapy, group therapy, as well as homework, house chores, and anything else that came up.
The best part was seeing the growth that occurred in the young women--how they learned self-reliance and self-esteem after coming from very hard situations.
The hours were hard as they were weekend and evening shifts.
Pros
Working with adolescents.
Cons
Odd hours.
A Short Risk Assessment Project for Federal Agency
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 6, 2017
This was a short part-time project for a Mental Health federal institution. It was very slow paced, however I worked with an excellent manager. I just had a baby so the work-life balance was excellent.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Slow
unpaid internship
Veteran's Treatment Court Mentor Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 29, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are a veteran or family member of a veteran. The internship fulfilled my bachelor degree requirement for my BSW degree and the job description was exactly as it was advertised. I was given much responsibility and worked autonomously in my role as a trusted member of the team.
Very flexible place to work
Hinds Behavioral Health Services (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 8, 2017
Working at HBHS has been a wonderful experience to date. I look forward to going to work and making a difference in the lives of others. I am in the field and meeting new and interesting individuals who depend on HBHS services each day for the care and services of their mental health.
Mental Health Worker (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MS 39042June 5, 2017
This is a great place to work for interns and other opportunities'. The management is great and everyone makes you feel very welcome. I would work here again if I had the opportunity.
Good consulting job as a transition to permanent positioin
Vice President (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2017
I worked very hard at learning the operations of many behavioral health organizations which advanced my skills and experience which I applied to my career.
Productive learning experience
Monarch - RN (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28215April 2, 2017
Love the work environment. You have flexibility to manage your own time. I love having a yearly salary and not hourly pay.
Management are fair and friendly. At times lack understanding of the medical model, but are willingly to learn. The hardest part of the job is felling you can never detach from it during the day with all the e-mail, text and phone calls
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Very busy
Very productive
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 2, 2017
I am a very busy person and love to stay busy. This job I always am constantly busy there is never a dull moment. Clients are awesome to work with, the employees are awesome to work with. The management listens and understands and tries to work on issues if there are any. The hardest part of the job is learning to seperate yourself from the clients, (I have a huge heart). I love being a nurse and I love what I do every day. Helping people is why I became a nurse.
Pros
Free lunches during the week
Cons
no cons
Great Place to Work
Medication Monitor (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan , WIJanuary 31, 2017
Everyone I worked with was awesome! The clients were my favorite but always keeping me on my toes and it was not uncommon to share a good laugh. I do miss them.
Pros
Great people and clients
Cons
2nd shift and no benefits
Variety
Mental Health Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester MAAugust 16, 2015
There is no such thing as a typical day in mental health. I've learned an awful lot about working with people with disabilities, and about myself as a professional while working in the mental health field.
The job was challeging due to the type of patients.
Payee Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJuly 17, 2015
A typical day consist of reporting to the supervisor and going over the task to be completed for the day. I learned how to deal with a variety of patients with severe mental disorders.

The hardest part of the job was meeting the dead line on different dates of the month to ensure patients were disbursed their proper funds in a timely matter.
Pros
Every day were different, the job was never boring.
Cons
I had to be careful around mentally ill patients.
Excellent communication, and experience
Food Service, Cook, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 8, 2015
Learned a lot of experience and communication skills. Enjoy working in an environment with others who work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
Excellent service
Cons
Short lunches
Positive environment in which to work with great people in the field of human development
Family, Consumer and Human Development (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTMarch 5, 2015
A typical day consists of collecting observational data via digital and VHS recordings of the program in action. I learned a lot about parent-child interactions, engagement, facilitation, and non-intrusiveness. Management is reliable, consistent, and available to help in any way to make the job successful for everyone. I tend to work alongside my direct supervisor and from time to time I interact minimally with co-workers. Co-workers seem eager to learn and help each other out. The hardest part of the job was the training process. It took an extensive amount of time to learn what to observe and how to code certain behaviors. But this served as a positive experience because of the time and energy involved in the training process. It made me a better observer. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to apply what I learn to my own family and parenting style.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great people to work with
Cons
Sometimes you work alone and if you're a more social person, that can be hard.
Mental Health Therapist for a trauma clinic
Lead Diagnostic Clinician (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 2, 2015
In a typical day I provide therapy to children who have experienced trauma. I also conduct comprehensive clinical assessments for children and families. I have lovely, devoted co-workers who are hard working and dedicated to providing evidence-based treatment. The hardest part of my job is listening to often heartbreaking stories of children who are abused or neglected. The best part of my job is the environment of our clinic. Our clinicians are a close-knit group.
Great friendly atmosphere
Program Specialist III/Outreach worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2014
A typical day would concise of outreach work; looking for homeless individuals and providing services such as housing, benefits, healthcare, and job seeking skills, and resources. All reports must be completed in a timely manner. I carried a caseload of up to 40 individuals, with diverse backgrounds.
Bi-weekly supervisor was conducted to review outcome of clients. Team meeting occurred to discuss client's responses to medication and other needs that could be meet for client's benefit.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, on-site training, and flexible hours.
Cons
transporting homeless individuals in personal vehicle
Mental Health Professional (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 16, 2014
Friendly staff and understanding management allows you to put family first.
Diverse Job
Clinical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioJune 13, 2014
Mental Health Services overall was a very great place to work. The management team was very knowledgeable about there job and very kind to there employee's.The health benefits were great, and if you worked at any of the shelters you did get to eat there when different churches came.The staff was great and I really learned how to understand the homeless population and the diversity in people also it taught me managing skills and people skills even more than what I already had.Everyday it was something new and adventurous but at the same time sad to see so much homelessness with women and children especially
Pros
Beautiful Staff to work with
Cons
You really have to be a people person to work with Mental Health
On-Call Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 19, 2013
As been a long time since I work here. Amazing staff on board. The staff are there to support you and help you grow. The hardest part of the job was the fact that many patient had a hard time being able to pay for their medications. From this place I learned that mental health illness affects many individuals in USA. It is important to raise awareness about mental health, because you never know who needs their help.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
not enough hours to work.