Mental Health Systems, Inc.

Mental Health Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States119 reviews
HR will ignore your claims
I guess some people in this agency are untouchable. It's a bummer that so many of those people are bosses and enjoy being verbally and emotional abusive, while also engaging in regular s e x u a l harassment toward their employees. All of this would be unfortunate but limited if HR actually dealt with complaints, but they don't.
Great Atmosphere
Greeted with a friendly smile, and everyone is supportive when it comes to helping clients with disabilities, it is a great reminder that our community needs these types of programs.
Stressful
Very stressful workplace, bad management, low pay. You are not provided growth opportunity. They care more about the "clients" they service than the employees.
Poor Management, Childish, Unethical
STAY AWAY! The definition of a sinking ship right here, poor management and no direction however this is heavily due to no direction at all from higher management. Inappropriate gift giving and making false promises by management, cannot hire staff no matter how hard they try. LOOK ELSEWHERE!
productive a great place to work at
I enjoyed my job while i was there everyone was very kind very helpful team players the clients where wonderful i learned a lot working at Mental health systems.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Good company to work for
It's a great working environment, the staff all get along well and seem to care about their client's. The office hours are flexible and you are not just sitting behind a desk all day, you get to go out into the field
N/a
It has been an eye opening experience working for MHS and I have learned a lot. Although management has been extremely less than compassionate and does not produce good morale. Other than terrible management, the job itself is rewarding.
Learning Experience
Responsabilities can be competative, however, if you are willing to learn the ropes of the business you will succeed and learn many other tasks. I learned a lot about an environment I had no clue about. I really enjoy working with MHS, opportunity for advancement are never ending.
Great team based environment
My typical day at work was provide administrative support to a behavioral health program and entering data. Management was great. The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to see teen / family success stories.
Completely New Career Change
After working for 12 years in a different industry, I made took an opportunity and made a career change. I joined MHS Inc. a few months ago and I feel that I made a great decision. I love my team and I enjoy going to work every day. My program manager is excellent. She is profesional and yet cares genuinely for her employees. I’m glad I joined the MHS family team. Every company has its pros and cons, but the pros outweigh the cons.
Stressful, poorly organized and occasionally toxic co-workers
Not your typical kind of job and you get to work outside of the office and is a good learning experience. However management and assignments of duties is horrible, poor communication and highly stressful environment.
Great company
I work with the homeless community of San Bernardino. Doctor and I do home visit. Great team, great support in the community. Being able to work in the field is good.
Horrible company
If you think about working for the center for change stop right now. The program manager is a horrific. She has unrealistic expectations of staff and does not take accountability for her owns actions even. There is no training and little to no guidance in your day to day task. Co workers are also not authorized to socialize outside of work due to the program director massive amount generalized anxiety . Please apply to South Bay or North county drug court you will be appercitatd
Pros
Everyone knows the boss is horrible so the team bonding is a plus
Cons
The whole place
Overall good!
Good learning experience. Very busy fast paced office. Training was provided and taught through corporate office. I am always positive and try to remain that way.
Incompetent, Hostile Management and Working Environment
You will be better at a minimum wage job even a labor intensive job! This company lacks knowledgeable management. They do everything possible to make your life an ordeal. Many "higher ups- work remotely" meaning they always leave early and you end up tracking them down to do their jobs. By the way supervisors and program managers lack proficiency and schooling. Many work with just a bachelor's degree! Corporate office is pointless and there is no room for a vocational working environment. Most people at MHS work for clocking in and out. They do not care for clients neither for employees or interns. Avoid this place your life and family will benefit from it!!!
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Management, lack of kindness and leadership
good team work amount the staff,
They the program that I worked for is under new management and they are not trained to be supervisors yet. The people that do the supervising work do not get a chance to advance as supervisors. There is good team work amount the staff, management is where is the issue.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
No management support.
Worst place that I ever work at. RUNAWAY
MHS has the highest turnover. They are hiring every week because even management quit. Unbearable environment, unprofessional staff, and management have no idea what they are doing. I have seen so much unprofessional and unethical things that happened — drinking on the job, yelling at clients and coworkers having altercations. I'm surprised this company is still in business and not under investigation
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Unprofessional, lack of training and toxic environment
Too stressful with no support
New employees don’t get any training. Management is not supportive. We work a lot harder than our clients and the work isn’t rewarding because it’s basically babysitting adults that can easily take advantage. Clients don’t get better and have no accountability. Overall the experience was disappointing.
Good team work, loved what I did.
The hours were good. The support and team work was awesome. Manager is awesome for employees and clients. The pay is not enough for what they ask for. To many changes with forms makes it difficult to get a routine and be productive. It’s a great place to gain experience but unfortunately not for long term employment. I would have loved to have stayed.
No complaints
My program happens to be a very good place to work. They do vary a lot at MHS though. Look for a good manager and office culture. Pay is similar to other nonprofits.
Unprofessional
I recently applied for a position with MHS. I filled out all of the paperwork, I was offered the position, and then suddenly I received a call that due to a budget review my offer would be rescinded. Thankfully I had not given notice at my current employer. I have a clean background and currently work for a similar agency as well as hold several clearance. Felt like I was being lied to and when I email I have received no response. Very unprofessional, they were apologetic via phone but it seems very odd.
Pros
Great pay via posting on indeed
Cons
Unprofessional, unstable
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mental Health Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.