Mentor Graphics

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Mentor Graphics Employee Reviews

Simulating and Challenging Enviroment
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Helioplis,CairoNovember 25, 2018
The tasks were kind of challenging but to the extent that pushes you to do your best (unexpected skills you possess). It's a great working environment and competitive as well.
Systems Applications Engineer
Systems Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2018
This role has been an amazing experience. Lots of chances to travel, learn new things and develop your skills (both technically and business acumen) in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The pay is great, especially the commission. There is a good chance, if you put in the effort, to always walk away with more than your yearly salary. The networking opportunities grant a lot of chances for promotional leads and lateral moves to great companies that are your customers. I also got to learn about various new, emerging technologies in the automotive marketplace.
Pros
salary, freedom, flexible schedule, new opportunities
Cons
vacation/holidays are slim, not a great health plan, lower than average 401k match
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Director of TechPubs (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 17, 2018
- Typical day at work is busy and fun.
- The management team is wonderful.
- The culture at Mentor is very diverse.
- Hardest part of the job is the commute.
- Enjoyable - I love my coworkers.
typical big company
North America Energy Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
original manager was good - when he went on medical leave, upper mgmt. wasn't as good
don't want to say much more than this

has the autonomy to focus on the accounts that would make the biggest impact in my opinion
Great place to work at.
Senior CAE (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 17, 2018
I got a lot of personal satisfaction working with Mentor Graphics. Always learning new things. Software is always changing and improving. Working with customers and helping them was one of my greatest satisfactions.
Pros
Life balance is great.
Cons
Sometime the job can be stressful.
Good place to work.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2018
The best part about working at Mentor Graphics is everyday is something different and brings a new challenge. The engineers I worked with on a daily basis are top of their field.
Great company
Consultant, System on Chip (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2018
Great place to work for and management is very good. There is a lot of room to grow if you choose to grow with the company. I have been here for almost 20 years and make no complain with my position been terminated.
Review
Management: 3/5
Job Culture: 3/5
Progressive culture
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORAugust 15, 2018
Mentor has a recession proof product line-up. The campus and benefits offer a comfortable and safe working space. Management is overall very progressive, and employee friendly.
Pros
Progressive Management, Facilities, i.e. Cafeteria, Gymnasium, Weight Room, Sauna.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
great learning opportunity for a young teacher
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJuly 29, 2018
I learned a lot about how I wanted to be a teacher from my experience at Mentor Graphics CDC. I was inspired by the Reggio approach and appreciated the support for teachers to continue learning and stay current on the latest advances in understanding how children learn best.
Very family operiented EDA copmany
Consulting Services Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2018
For one of leading EDA companies and compared to other EDA companies, Mentor is consider to be more caring and family like EDA company.

Mentor's hiring and layoff process is less turbulent than other EDA companies and there are more lifers in the company than any other EDA companies I have experienced.
Very employee friendly company to work for
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 28, 2018
Technology focused; hiring the best; great employee benefits; flexible hours; very competitive salary; career training. allows working remotely; gym on site
QA (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR 97070June 23, 2018
Good work/life balance. Nice place to work. Intern. Nice campus with lots of geese. Food on site was OKAY. Most workers have their own office. Lots of patents.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2018
A typical day:
Supported three departments: Software Support, Documentation & Engineering
Recruited, trained and supervised receptionist
Managed all incoming calls for software support
Coordinated projects and managed schedules
Provided complete meeting support including preparing materials and taking notes
Maintained computer and physical filing systems
Created reports and presentations

Mentor Graphics encouraged education and promotions.
I was given the opportunity to write one of the documentation manuals for company CAD system.
I was promoted to Software Support Associate.

My peers were educated, motivated and fun loving.

This company believes in employee emotional and physical health was the key to happy productive employees. They have yoga, and aerobic classes during the day and encourage time off fun and family.
Pros
Great work environment
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 8, 2018
Great environment and fun place to work. People are friendly. Management is very professional and fair to their employees. HR is also very professional and helpful.
Small and boring
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2018
The job I got was not what was advertised. I was supposed to be a tech intern, but I almost only did technical writing. I was given no training or opportunities for growth, no co-workers, and only one technical project. My immediate boss knew nothing about the tech project I was given. The tech project I was given was much too difficult for an intern.
Pros
relaxed, low-stress
Cons
low salary, no guidance or career development, no training
The good days are coming to an end
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 6, 2018
Now that Mentor has been sold and the new owner is taking over some of the changes will be unbearable for some. There is a mass exodus that is occurring.
Like working for the government
Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 20, 2018
Very political, if you aren't working to stay in the good graces of management you're punished.

Many employees have never worked anywhere else, they don't realize how bad the culture is. Mentor Graphics pays extremely well, if they didn't I doubt anyone would want to work there!

A complete cultural change is needed, people are too set in their ways and unwilling to change. Management style is 30 years old, and when people are hired to bring in new ideas they're not listened to.
Pros
Beautiful Wilsonville campus, outstanding pay.
Cons
Toxic, political culture, terrible management
Mentor Graphics is a good place to work
Technical Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2018
Overall, Mentor Graphics is an excellent company that cares for its employees. However, the division does matter. Due to the recent acquisition by Siemens, it is important to learn about the specific division for which you are applying as the culture and environment can vary widely between groups.
Great Software company
Enterprise Collaboration Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 6, 2018
A software company with products used by the electronics high tech industry for design and manufacturing of their products. Award winning organization that has been operating since 1980, is profitable, and has a culture of collaboration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mentor Graphics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight