Mentor Graphics Employee Reviews

Large company with a challenging work environment
Executive Strategic Account Director (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 25, 2019
A typical work day involves customer and internal conference calls/Webex meetings
I learned how to manage large teams of global accounts
Management decision making is spreadsheet driven with challenging corporate driven business objectives
Workplace culture has become less employee friendly since acquisition by Siemens 2 years ago
The hardest part of the job is to balance work/life while meeting aggressive sales objectives
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with highly skilled profession employees.
Pros
Good compensation & benefits
Cons
A lot of internal reporting/data gathering & excessive internal processes
Systems Applications Engineer
Systems Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 31, 2018
This role has been an amazing experience. Lots of chances to travel, learn new things and develop your skills (both technically and business acumen) in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The pay is great, especially the commission. There is a good chance, if you put in the effort, to always walk away with more than your yearly salary. The networking opportunities grant a lot of chances for promotional leads and lateral moves to great companies that are your customers. I also got to learn about various new, emerging technologies in the automotive marketplace.
Pros
salary, freedom, flexible schedule, new opportunities
Cons
vacation/holidays are slim, not a great health plan, lower than average 401k match
Review
Management: 3/5
Job Culture: 3/5
Progressive culture
Help Desk Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORAugust 15, 2018
Mentor has a recession proof product line-up. The campus and benefits offer a comfortable and safe working space. Management is overall very progressive, and employee friendly.
Pros
Progressive Management, Facilities, i.e. Cafeteria, Gymnasium, Weight Room, Sauna.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Very employee friendly company to work for
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 28, 2018
Technology focused; hiring the best; great employee benefits; flexible hours; very competitive salary; career training. allows working remotely; gym on site
Small and boring
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2018
The job I got was not what was advertised. I was supposed to be a tech intern, but I almost only did technical writing. I was given no training or opportunities for growth, no co-workers, and only one technical project. My immediate boss knew nothing about the tech project I was given. The tech project I was given was much too difficult for an intern.
Pros
relaxed, low-stress
Cons
low salary, no guidance or career development, no training
Excellent
Executive Assistant to Director of TechPubs (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, OROctober 17, 2018
- Typical day at work is busy and fun.
- The management team is wonderful.
- The culture at Mentor is very diverse.
- Hardest part of the job is the commute.
- Enjoyable - I love my coworkers.
Depending upon your job and management in your organization it could be good or bad.
Senior Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 11, 2018
This is entirely dependent upon your immediate management. When some individuals controlled their managers, they were slaves to their own workers so they tended to keep a good relationship with them at the risk of upsetting others.
Some production personnel were real jewels in that they controlled everythign in spite of having higher management above them.
Pros
Good and clean offices.
Cons
Managers are subservient to their own reports!
Wonderful culture.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 2, 2018
Mentor is truly a gem. It is a joke within the company that someone has to retire in order for a job to open up. No one leaves, as the benefits, culture, and work/life balance are phenomenal. However, with that strength, can be found the only downside. Not too much room for advancement or transfer into other roles. It's simply too rare to find an open position within the company.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, cafeteria, culture
Cons
Goose droppings - you'll see what I mean, and lack of opportunity
Working at Mentor Graphics were the good times spent there.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 1, 2018
Worked with a great team, learned a lot. Company culture was the best. Facilities were great. We had a decent gym. Sand Volleyball court, pool table, ping pong tables and exercise classes including yoga all free.
Pros
Great team, Company Culture is the best. Learned a lot.
Cons
All things much come to an end.
Simulating and Challenging Enviroment
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Helioplis,CairoNovember 25, 2018
The tasks were kind of challenging but to the extent that pushes you to do your best (unexpected skills you possess). It's a great working environment and competitive as well.
Great company
Consultant, System on Chip (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 24, 2018
Great place to work for and management is very good. There is a lot of room to grow if you choose to grow with the company. I have been here for almost 20 years and make no complain with my position been terminated.
Learned a lot
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 4, 2019
The company spent a lot of resources training me, and then after 5 years, our entire department was 'reorganized' to France. 17 other people besides me were laid off. Seems that we weren't valued after all.
Pros
Campus facilities
Cons
Too much work, not enough staff
typical big company
North America Energy Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2018
original manager was good - when he went on medical leave, upper mgmt. wasn't as good
don't want to say much more than this

has the autonomy to focus on the accounts that would make the biggest impact in my opinion
Great place to work at.
Senior CAE (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 17, 2018
I got a lot of personal satisfaction working with Mentor Graphics. Always learning new things. Software is always changing and improving. Working with customers and helping them was one of my greatest satisfactions.
Pros
Life balance is great.
Cons
Sometime the job can be stressful.
QA (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR 97070June 23, 2018
Good work/life balance. Nice place to work. Intern. Nice campus with lots of geese. Food on site was OKAY. Most workers have their own office. Lots of patents.
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORSeptember 27, 2017
Good work/life balance, great benefits
There is some uncertainty with the Siemens acquisition
Great people to work with, management truly seems to care about employees
Pros
On site gym, cafeteria
Cons
n/a
Excellent benefits
Telecommunications Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 20, 2017
My duties included: serving as corporate voicemail trainer; managing five switchboard operators; maintaining the corporate telephone directory and various databases; scheduling services, videoconference meeting rooms; coordinating the flow of information for over 1,000 nationwide accounts; analyzing and updating telecommunication policies and procedures.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Good place to work.
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 30, 2018
The best part about working at Mentor Graphics is everyday is something different and brings a new challenge. The engineers I worked with on a daily basis are top of their field.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2018
A typical day:
Supported three departments: Software Support, Documentation & Engineering
Recruited, trained and supervised receptionist
Managed all incoming calls for software support
Coordinated projects and managed schedules
Provided complete meeting support including preparing materials and taking notes
Maintained computer and physical filing systems
Created reports and presentations

Mentor Graphics encouraged education and promotions.
I was given the opportunity to write one of the documentation manuals for company CAD system.
I was promoted to Software Support Associate.

My peers were educated, motivated and fun loving.

This company believes in employee emotional and physical health was the key to happy productive employees. They have yoga, and aerobic classes during the day and encourage time off fun and family.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mentor Graphics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight