Mentor Graphics Employee Reviews

Compensation/Benefits: 4/5
Job Security/Advancement: 3/5
Management: 3/5
Job Culture: 3/5
great learning opportunity for a young teacher
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJuly 29, 2018
I learned a lot about how I wanted to be a teacher from my experience at Mentor Graphics CDC. I was inspired by the Reggio approach and appreciated the support for teachers to continue learning and stay current on the latest advances in understanding how children learn best.
Very family operiented EDA copmany
Consulting Services Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 3, 2018
For one of leading EDA companies and compared to other EDA companies, Mentor is consider to be more caring and family like EDA company.

Mentor's hiring and layoff process is less turbulent than other EDA companies and there are more lifers in the company than any other EDA companies I have experienced.
Very employee friendly company to work for
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJune 28, 2018
Technology focused; hiring the best; great employee benefits; flexible hours; very competitive salary; career training. allows working remotely; gym on site
QA (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, OR 97070June 23, 2018
Good work/life balance. Nice place to work. Intern. Nice campus with lots of geese. Food on site was OKAY. Most workers have their own office. Lots of patents.
Great company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 13, 2018
A typical day:
Supported three departments: Software Support, Documentation & Engineering
Recruited, trained and supervised receptionist
Managed all incoming calls for software support
Coordinated projects and managed schedules
Provided complete meeting support including preparing materials and taking notes
Maintained computer and physical filing systems
Created reports and presentations

Mentor Graphics encouraged education and promotions.
I was given the opportunity to write one of the documentation manuals for company CAD system.
I was promoted to Software Support Associate.

My peers were educated, motivated and fun loving.

This company believes in employee emotional and physical health was the key to happy productive employees. They have yoga, and aerobic classes during the day and encourage time off fun and family.
Pros
Great work environment
Small and boring
Technical Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 8, 2018
The job I got was not what was advertised. I was supposed to be a tech intern, but I almost only did technical writing. I was given no training or opportunities for growth, no co-workers, and only one technical project. My immediate boss knew nothing about the tech project I was given. The tech project I was given was much too difficult for an intern.
Pros
relaxed, low-stress
Cons
low salary, no guidance or career development, no training
The good days are coming to an end
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 6, 2018
Now that Mentor has been sold and the new owner is taking over some of the changes will be unbearable for some. There is a mass exodus that is occurring.
Like working for the government
Support (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORApril 20, 2018
Very political, if you aren't working to stay in the good graces of management you're punished.

Many employees have never worked anywhere else, they don't realize how bad the culture is. Mentor Graphics pays extremely well, if they didn't I doubt anyone would want to work there!

A complete cultural change is needed, people are too set in their ways and unwilling to change. Management style is 30 years old, and when people are hired to bring in new ideas they're not listened to.
Pros
Beautiful Wilsonville campus, outstanding pay.
Cons
Toxic, political culture, terrible management
Mentor Graphics is a good place to work
Technical Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 19, 2018
Overall, Mentor Graphics is an excellent company that cares for its employees. However, the division does matter. Due to the recent acquisition by Siemens, it is important to learn about the specific division for which you are applying as the culture and environment can vary widely between groups.

Want to know more about Mentor Graphics?

Ask a question
Great Software company
Enterprise Collaboration Manager (Current Employee) –  OregonFebruary 6, 2018
A software company with products used by the electronics high tech industry for design and manufacturing of their products. Award winning organization that has been operating since 1980, is profitable, and has a culture of collaboration.
Beautiful campus with many benefits
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 5, 2018
I was a contractor at mentor and I would have loved to score a full time position. There is a Gym, cafeteria and hairdresser on site along with outdoor basketball and volleyball courts and walking trails.
Best job ever!
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 22, 2018
I miss this place terribly. Took a "left" turn in my career to try my hand at some other things and to grow my skillset. Lot's of great relationships formed at this place. Folks respect each other and work collaboratively.
Pros
Campus -- Cafe, Gym, Natural walking paths
Cons
N/a
Workplace culture
World Trade Program Manager, Sales (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 15, 2018
It was a great culture to be a part of, but once we were acquired by Siemens the culture started to change a bit.

Working at Mentor for 25 years was a great experience and I worked with many talented people and enjoyed all the positions I had and all the managers I worked with.
Wonderful culture.
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORJanuary 2, 2018
Mentor is truly a gem. It is a joke within the company that someone has to retire in order for a job to open up. No one leaves, as the benefits, culture, and work/life balance are phenomenal. However, with that strength, can be found the only downside. Not too much room for advancement or transfer into other roles. It's simply too rare to find an open position within the company.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, cafeteria, culture
Cons
Goose droppings - you'll see what I mean, and lack of opportunity
Good environment with good opportunities to grow
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 1, 2017
Starting working in the BoardStation PCB layout software test group, I was able to move into software release validation.
From that position I was able to move into PCB application engineer position. supporting schematic capture/PCB layout and signal integrity tools.
Pros
Good people and lots of growth
Mentor Graphics Review
Americas Channel Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GANovember 28, 2017
- Traveled 70% of time throughout both North and South America recruiting, training and supporting value added resellers.
- I worked from my home and had little interaction with other employees. My direct manager lived in Germany.
- It was a good corporate culture with good management.
- Very difficult sales process as the software was very niche and expensive, in the 36K to 66k range per seat.
- I enjoyed completely running my territory myself, but it became difficult when support was needed for internal cultural reasons.
Excellent benefits
Telecommunications Lead (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORNovember 20, 2017
My duties included: serving as corporate voicemail trainer; managing five switchboard operators; maintaining the corporate telephone directory and various databases; scheduling services, videoconference meeting rooms; coordinating the flow of information for over 1,000 nationwide accounts; analyzing and updating telecommunication policies and procedures.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Building Customer Intimacy
Executive Account Director (Former Employee) –  WorldwideOctober 30, 2017
Focused on growing a strong renewable business with a large enterprise strategic account - management provided the resources, processes, and support to succeed.
From new company in new industry to its acquisition by big PLM company
Executive Account Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 30, 2017
Joined the company as the founders defined the vision to:
> Win, Ethically
> Grow Profitably
> Satisfy our customers
> Challenge our people

Built new products, consulting, services, and grew many accounts following those principles. The core culture is still very "family" oriented.

A good place to work.
Pros
Good people. Good products. Good customers.
Cons
Recent acquisition by big Siemens still working itself out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mentor Graphics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight