Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Found 549 reviews matching the search See all 1,044 reviews
Horrible , Very Bad, and No Good.
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 18, 2018
The training at Menzies was non existent with a "trainer" that I swear could barely speak,played favorites and was a total jerk.I was one of two women working on the ramp. The whole three months that I could stand working there felt like crying everyday. I worked on the ramp for a major airline for 10 years and it was great . Not so with this place. It was a cruel joke. I was so happy the day I quit that I laughed with glee the whole way home. I was never so happy to be out of a job. The so called "guys" that I worked with were foul mouthed, stupid, and disgusting. I sat in operations as the only woman there one day as my co workers talked of very inappropriate things concerning women. I was horrified and embarrassed.I was so offended. I wish I had reported them. Do yourself a favor and never, ever, work here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Many. Too many to list.
Horrible company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 18, 2018
Menzies Aviation in America is a horrible place to work unless you're over in England or Scotland or Menzies is big and known for its service then it's a good company but not here in the US most locations have been kicked out of the airport and this job is unavailable
Should get payoway more for basically risking your life
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
They pay you 13.50 just to put you in old trucks,old equipment,pressure from the management (people that never did the work). Should be payed 16-20hr for the work you do.They act as if they dont want to keep any employees
Poorly managed
Aircraft Fueler (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 31, 2018
Management is alright. They actually treat you like a person when you run into them at work. But they are struggling to keep workers there. Too many turn overs. Everyone's leaving for better pay or better opportunities elsewhere since they can't get it there. I think if the pay and benefits were better. People would enjoy working there more. The hardest part is working flexible hours due to the turn overs. But a lot of O/T (over time) if you are a work a holic. NO differential pay for working graveyard shifts but my overall experience there was not one that I would recommend to friends or family.
Pros
Discount at airport terminal
Cons
Pay and benefits
Nice Job but far commute
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 31, 2018
Being able to work and see behind the scenes at LAX was a dream come true. Work and hours were plenty everyone working together. It was just strange to see their operations different from UPS in Ontario Airport where I was employed at. They know what there doing and Overtime was plentiful every week.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
super far commute
active place
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 30, 2018
Ramp agents, also known as baggage handlers or fleet service agents, handle cargo and baggage in airports. They also service and marshal aircraft, set up and operate cargo handling equipment, and observe relevant occupational safety regulations.
Menzies Aviation.
Processed U.S. custom's documentation for crew (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 30, 2018
you guys have to be care full about your hours the manger over there make mistakes about the hours all the time she use to reduce hours multipule time meaning every pay check
Fun work place
Passenger Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 25, 2018
Overall its a good place to work at just need a lot of adjustments, especially management. I like the different accounts they have always room to make up your hours. Co-workers are friendly in some accounts while others are very rude in others. But if you are the type of person who just comes to work to work this will be a good job for you.
Pros
Uniforms are nice, different accounts to work from, meting new people
Cons
Work Environment, short hours on some accounts, management is very poor, scheduling is horrible, pay
Management very unprofessional.
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 19, 2018
First day of training, the lady was screaming at a trainee for parking in a parking spot. They do not train you at all. They have you do a computer test no explanation at all. Didn't tell you there were 5 sections to this thing and that if not passed you can take it over. If you have never worked in an airport before, how would you know the correct answers? AND THATS WHY THEY KEEP JOB OPENINGS THERE BECAUSE PEOPLE DONT WANT TO WORK FOR THEM!!!
Not a great experience
Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2018
The company is disorganized and disconnected. There is a fair amount of drama, gossip, and backbiting. Management is not honest or ethical and does not appreciate or value their employees. The benefits are decent.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management; Poor culture

Want to know more about Menzies Aviation?

Ask a question
The worst place ever
Fueler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2018
Bate you in with lies. they don't care about you .the trucks are in poor condition and always break down. the managers play favorites .they will mandate you everyday. they will set you up to get fired the company overall is poor. they do not care about their people and you will go home smelling like gas diesel & Jet a fuel... trust me you do not want to work here.. and Menzies did not give you a raise the airport did if it were up to them they will keep you at $10 an hour for doing a whole lot of work..
Pros
Cons
No brakes
No good management
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 13, 2018
Not so good management and only been here for a couple days and see that the management is all over the place they show favoritism and lay there employees tell them what to do need a little more training on there management
I'm not happy to with this compay's to work
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 12, 2018
I don't want to work company's again they don't respect employees. They don't give you help when you need it then. They want you do the job done no help
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Break
Menzies
Passenger Service Agent Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 11, 2018
im very dedicated To my job college and also to my company there for I consistent In a timely matter. Agents look up to me and will not processed the check in with out me
Decent company
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 11, 2018
they provide you with all the materials to succedd you just have to be willingto take that first step in that direction most seem to be unable to do that.
Harassment is allowed
Fueler (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 4, 2018
Horrible experience, harassed by coworkers, even physically threatened by a coworker while on the clock and the company didn't do a thing. As a women, no one has your back.
My immediate HR Manager at the time was amazing
Recruiter/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAOctober 4, 2018
Before she was let go, my HR Manager was incredibly amazing. She is what made my job so enjoyable along the rest of the HR Staff. She was incredibly knowledgeable and I had learned so much from her.
Pros
Benefits and everything I had learned
Cons
The drama with the mgmt within the company.
Work Experience
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 3, 2018
A typical work day at Menzies varied. Everyday was a different day. Most days I found to be chilled and relaxed. Someone else may think different. It is a very easy job but the work flow stays steady. management there I found fun. You have your different types of Managers but they all follow the rules and makes sure we are all safe as it can be very dangerous out there near the aircrafts. Everyone there are friendly.
Terrible
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 3, 2018
terrible as they treat the employees very bad conditions there are no uniforms no tools of work the bad payment everybody does what he wants the supervisors are selfish the bosses never do anything
Cons
fast pace environment, always room for promotions
Agent (Current Employee) –  yyzOctober 3, 2018
time goes by very fast, due to the high volume of activities, no day is ever the same, this can be the hardest and the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Menzies Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Menzies Aviation.

Powered by Comparably