Menzies Aviation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Sketchy, Revolving Door
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJuly 19, 2018
I would ONLY reccomend working for Menzies Aviation in Windsor Locks, CT if you literally don’t have a life outside of work and don’t mind being treated as a tool.

If you have young children, responsibilities that can take you from work, not able to work 10+ hours and free to potentially work your days off due to people just not showing up, then this job is for YOU !
The job is listed as part time, DEPENDING on what contract Menzies decides to assign you to ( where staff need is greater and seasonal flight schedule) — DO NOT WORK FOR SPIRIT AIRLINES. VIVIAN PEREZ AGOSTINI IS THE WORST.

60% of the time when they’re properly staffed, you’re able to work your 8hr shift then go home, however there are times where you’ll be needed to cover and they won’t care what important things you may have to due after work so be ready for the guilt trip. While the hire ups leave promptly at 3pm regardless of issues.

You’re likely to be yanked around if you have any questions regarding benefits or any questions at all.. ( BENEFITS ARE AVAILABLE TO FULL TIME ONLY) you’re hired as part time and even though you work 32+ hours a week, you’ll never have your status changed to receive those benefits. No paid days off, or vaca.

To be frank, if you just want a check every other Friday and don’t care about benefits, drama, and never having your questions answered. Apply. They’ll lay you off when the airline’s contract is up anyway.
Pros
Cons
Stress, stress, more Stress.
Fun fast paced
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 14, 2018
It was exactly like McGee air services fast paced physical gotta be aware of your surroundings follow all proper protocals and procedures treat others with respect and have fun
Pros
Flight benefits
Cons
The weather
Senior Management needs retraining and/or replacement
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAJuly 14, 2018
Their reputation speaks for itself,and that is why they no longer hold the contracts for Alaska Air, American airlines and several others.
All this is due to low pay, lack of advanced or continued training and lack of managerial leadership.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Human resources manager is incompetent.
Loved it.
Fleet Agent, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 13, 2018
If I could still work here I would. It was unfortunate for the company to leave when I had planned many years working for them. I enjoyed the feeling of responsibility. Menzies is Teamwork heavy and every team has a leader. There are few management things that needed work but overall I would recommend it. And I did to anyone who was looking for work. Menzies is Teamwork heavy and every team has a leader.
Pros
Plenty of downtime to relax, Or you can choose to be productive.
Cons
There are some people that are hard to deal with. But thats any Teambased job.
unskilled over paid lazy co workers and bad management with different standards depending on your ability to brown nose
Fuel Farm Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver International Airport, COJuly 11, 2018
DEN Fuel Farm facility is rife with nepotism! I am a "protected veteran" and was forced to resign or be terminated for something that every co-worker does every day, so that one of the administrators could get her relative hired. Racial jokes are told, Zero tolerance policies are ignored, co-workers stab each other in the back all the time and management is "Old School" retired military types and entrenched. I was verbally assaulted many times by management. Even though the pay is good and the job is easy, if you're not a "brown noser" or ok with co-workers back biting you, being ignorant, insensitive and bigoted, then the job is for you.
Pros
pay
Cons
nepotism, racism, brown nosing, different standards for different people
Management sucks
Ramp Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 8, 2018
The job is great love the work pace love working on the planes but the pay sucks and the management is even worst
Some of the supervisors sit on their butt and don’t do nothing
All up in the boss office talking about other people.

But over all it’s a great job
Pros
The job the workers and the environment
Cons
The pay and the rule changes every week is something new.
No raises
Aircraft Fueler (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJuly 2, 2018
driving very old fuel trucks
learned how to fuel airplanes
the management is biased and does not appreciate employees
on the airport ramp and various assigned gates
the heat from the sun along with working near jet engines
sometimes you can have very long breaks
Pros
unlimited breaks
Cons
the demand of labor for such little pay
Ups and downs.
Senior Fueling Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 30, 2018
The management is poor. The co workers are very nice and the majority of the people work together as a team. Overtime is mandatory so there is no time for life outside of work. There are long hours and always short handed.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
No life out side of work.
menzies was a good experience and enjoyed eorking thier
Cabin cleaner/ supplies (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 30, 2018
learned alot of team work and sense of urgency having to work with time limit. worked with friendly co workers and worked under management. i would recommend menzies.
If you just want quick money, go for it but this job is annoying.
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 29, 2018
Management is terrible, hours are not flexible, weekly pay is not an option when it should be, hard to move up in ranks. When you start out as a ramp agent, your pay equals to sh**. They say be safe instead of fast but want you to do the opposite so you don’t get a delay. Would not recommend!
Great company.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2018
Advancement possibilities. Great team work and communication. Great management. Equipment is provided. Schedule flexibility. Payed vacation time available.
Very knowledgeable as to Airport Operations
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2018
Most times very smooth docking, fueling, unloading baggage, loading baggage, backing A/C out for flight. Tight schedules and hazardous conditions required focused attention for safety and to meet schedules.
Cons
management tended towards hysteria
Busy
Leave Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 26, 2018
I came on with Menzies as a Leave Specialist as part of the company centralizing the leave process from the stations. I have learned quite a bit, but still have more to learn regarding leave of absences, worker's compensation, return to work, accommodations, FMLA regulations, state and federal laws, this is an ever changing, growing field that I enjoy being a part of.
With that being said, there is very little room for growth and advancement. It would have helped if we were allowed to attend LOA conferences, and classes to become certified.
Pros
Fast paced, ok benefits and pay
Cons
little room for growth and advancement
its a okay company
Lead Fueler (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2018
the company doesnt seem to treat there employees respectfully. the management is great and caring, however the company as a whole is just noth very good anymore. Always changing things without other knowing whats going on till its already been done.
Pros
paid days off, management
Cons
pay, insurance, corprate
You will experience a love and hate relationship with the job.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUJune 22, 2018
I got to learn a lot from the aviation industry, gained so much blisters on my feet to getting a lot of migraines but in the end it was good. Poor managing is what will happen for the most part. Overworking as well.
Pros
I loved their healthcare benefits and would presume it is cheaper than most
Cons
Poor management and doing too much for less.
no teamwork or trust
Ramp agent (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2018
they converted contracts within the company so great job but still horrible management.to many issues and problems within work and not enough good teamwork .
Pros
the job
Cons
management
Management was missing.
Lead Ramp Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2018
Nom schedule what so ever. I was part time and work at least 65 hours a week to help management cover flights. Very rare to get day off. No health care program
Productive and Fun Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJune 19, 2018
I see different things everyday, I hit some bumps in the road but overcome them. Learned how to do billing with other airlines. Management is good. Different culture from previous job, Hardest part is dealing with crazy travelers. I like the job couldn't change nothing about it.
Pros
Treat me well, help is always there when you need it
Cons
So far away from my home
Menzies Aviation
N/A (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 17, 2018
Retention is the problem at Menzies however, they choose not to solve the problem. It's all about numbers for them not about the people working for them. As a result no one wants to stay.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Bad Management from lower level all the way up to corporate.
Worst job ive had
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport, TXJune 15, 2018
If you plan on having a life and time with your family look elsewhere. I worked most days from 4:30 am to 8 pm. I injured my back while working here and because it didnt get reported the same day I was refused help. To this day my back still hurts everyday and my quality of life has changed at 22 years old. My daughter was born during my time with Menzies and the same day was being told I need to come back to work the following day. The things they demanded were not worth the 10 dollars an hour they paid. So if you value yourself look elsewhere.