Merakey Employee Reviews

Completely terrible. Upper management is corrupt. Didnt even know who my boss was half of the time. They put me in a different Unit everyday.
Yss (Former Employee) –  Coal township,paOctober 12, 2018
If you decide to work there please think it through. Now dont forget this was northwestern academy so merakey might be different. Hopefully has a different CEO. Fyi they didn't even know the dates I was employed there when I asked them for information. Still awaiting for mail to arrive as to what had all happened that lead to my possible firing. Oh an d another thing after I left I went to a different doctor and I ended up with a torn acl , torn rotator cuff. When I went to their comp Dr he stated I just was a little banged up and ok. Just an fyi please think it through.
Pros
Cons
Several, poor support. Lack of staff. Underpaid
Excellent Management
Family Based Therapist for Montgomery County (Current Employee) –  Colmar, PAOctober 10, 2018
I have worked for Merakey for 6 years with 3 different department. Each time I made connections and was able to move up to a more secure job. I have received valuable work experience from all departments. Currently I am working as a family based therapist out of Colmar and it has been the most rewarding of the 3 positions I have held.
Pros
Supervisor, benefits, salary
Cons
Work hours
No room for advancement
PRN Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
My time at Merakey is interesting but not a place I want to retire from. Organization is lacking and the environment is unsafe fore me. Its a nice company but not a job I can see myself long term
Pros
close to home
Cons
no beak room for employess and unsafe enviroment
Better off because of this working experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 4, 2018
I’m glad that I got the chance to work for NHS Human Services, which is now Merakey, as it made me a better worker and more appreciative of situations where there is no hostility. The clients were lovely and the best part about working at Merakey. However, management staff can be bullies and do not work with individuals or programs in order to provide positive feedback and development. Many employees act in an unprofessioal and sometimes unethical manner. You are underpaid and driving reimbursement is at 0.40 cents per mile, which is well below the national average. On call stipend is also extremely low for the work that you are doing. This job made me a stronger individual and will help me spot bad situations in the future.
Pros
Clients, generous sick time, flexible hours
Cons
Pay, management, punitive culture
An okay place to work
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 4, 2018
The company provides training in house, and the hours are semi-flexible. The management is questionable at best and follow through is minimal to nil. The benefits are so-so.
working with people anddriver them around.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 1, 2018
Having fun driver people around . Working with people. Working with people disabilities. showing him how to do things and feeding them to taking care of them.
Pros
free park
Cons
health care
Horrible place to work
Behavior Technician (Former Employee) –  Bentleyville, PASeptember 28, 2018
Horrible place to work. Didn’t have a supervisor at where I was relocated to. Very unorganized. I put my two weeks in my supervisor didn’t say anything and than blocked my number very unprofessional.
Worst Place Ever
Employee (Current Employee) –  LouisianaSeptember 26, 2018
A typical day of work for me is to many chiefs and not enough indians. Even the one who is considered the chief constantly ignores their staff and wonders why they cant keep employees. I would rather make less money with a great manager and work my way up than to make fair money and feel like i'm lost daily because no one knows what they are doing, no structure, no harmony just a bunch of people trying to tear one another down.
Merakey Flint
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 25, 2018
Head BCBA is terrible. Children do not grow and many parents are disappointed with their child's progress. This clinic is still in the developmental phases after almost 2 years... enough said!
Pros
Cons
A Lot
Merakey
Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 23, 2018
The work environment consists of teams comprised of employees with various backgrounds that are then led by a Team Lead. Above the Team Lead is the Program Director. All other higher management personnel are not located within the office. The company itself is not organized, with differences in communication, expectations, and direction from individual teams to the company as a whole. However, you have freedom to make your own schedule as a field worker and have the ability to provide therapy without constraints related to time of sessions, techniques, or resources. Benefits are great but the pay does not increase by much when raises are approved. You receive a stipend that is set to cover mileage, but depending on routes you easily exceed the allotted amount. Some positions have room for growth while others do not, based on the individual's credentialing.
Pros
benefits, ACT team support, ability to make own schedule
Cons
unorganized management, travel, stress
n/a
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Indiana, PASeptember 22, 2018
flexible job but not reliable in hours - not typical agency as company does not even have actual Human resources department so trying to find work within the company in other areas is close to impossible
Vindictive group of people
Director (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 13, 2018
Do not recommend anybody work there or receive services from there. They are money hungry and could care less about the children. They create a negative environment and expect you to perform positively. The staff gets beat up by the clients and they don’t appreciate the workers. The Director of operations stirs up mess and negativity and passes it along to everyone in the building. They bully you and put the workers against each other. Your opinion is not valid even if you are the expert. You are expected to work in a special needs room with a 1:13 ratio with kids that all have behavior issues. Please do not work at this place they will drain you and not think twice about it.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Everything else
a okay place to work
Classroom Aide (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
The staff does care bout the students, however the Management is not very supportive. There is not alot of room to grow, after a while a person may feel stuck.
Pros
N/a
Cons
no lunch or breaks
Not a supportive environment
Director of Programs (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
High stress but very rewarding working with men and women who are trying to change their lives. The workplace can be depleting and wears on you. Management not very supportive.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
stressful workplace
It has been a good expereince
Engagement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2018
I'm enjoying the job thus far and the people are great to work with. I just started and so far everyone has been helpful. The environment is great and the employee's are helpful
Great entry level position for future positions
Supervisor to Administration Case Mamagement (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PASeptember 9, 2018
Merakey offers great entry level positions when starting and there is always room to grow in another position. Merakey is a great leaning experience. Benefits are good. The hardest part of the job can be the clients but you learn.
Working for Merakey
Housing Manager's Aide (Current Employee) –  Jenkintown, PASeptember 6, 2018
Working for Merakey shows you the importance of taking an individual from one level to the next level. Teaching them there independent goals. And how important being independent and the community is
Good ppl to work with
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 5, 2018
I love working with the individuals they are family co workers are great they have advancement can go to anyone for help have alot of overtime. Can work at ur house or program center never a dual moment something interesting everyday have alot of activities with the individuals bowling baseball horseback riding go on outings
Supportive Coworkers
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAAugust 27, 2018
Found the coworkers to be very supportive with limited direction.

Company moral was mediocre with limited access to collaborative input from other departments
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of consistency
This company allows you to be a part of helping others in need
Residential Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJAugust 27, 2018
Great experienced and definitely a lot that I have learned working for this company as far as the human services field that I am looking to pursue my career in