Merakey Employee Reviews

Liked working with consumers.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Sunbury, PAAugust 16, 2018
Very poor management. Don't care about employees at all. Constantly mandating you sometimes 5 minutes before shift is over. Working with the consumers is great but it's a job not my life.
Pros
Working with consumers.
Cons
Work you to many hours and management sucks.
It’s okay
TSS Worker/ direct support professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
It depends solely on the department in which you work for . Some are better than others I prefer behavioral health which is good but you have to work a certain number of hours to qualify for benfits which kind of sucks because there aren’t always hours available . But the pay is good, you can qualify for a raise .
Non-productive chasing client caseloads from case manager. Disorganized company and no communication between team members. No consistent cases.
Therapeutic Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 8, 2018
Family cancellations without notice or consequence. Very non-consistent hours, supposed to be full-time but only received less than 20 hours per week, sometimes only 10. No call backs from management, very disorganized and loss of clientele due to treatment plans lapsing because management and BSC do not keep up to date on this. The kids suffering and lack of treatment due to management overlooking deadlines. Lack of pay for travel time and meetings. Lack of benefits. Lack of hours.
Pros
Working with kids
A very shady company!!!!
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  27 E. MT. Airy AvenueAugust 8, 2018
WATCH THIS COMPANY!!! They are very shady when it comes to their employees. The children BHRS department is the worst!!!!! They treat the TSS, BSC, and MT workers like you don't matter. You are not respected, especially in this line of work. The BHRS supervisors are lazy and don't want to do anything but sit in their offices and gossip. I was accused for something that I didn't do based on lack of information and therefore, I was fired. This company is very sneaky and will find any little facts to get rid of employees. Overall, I highly don't recommend this company if you want to be completely stressed out. There are so many better behavioral health companies out there better than Merakey. If you get a call from this company....RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Cut throat, stressful, lazy supervisors, shady company!!
Great Company Bad Employees and Management
ABA THERAPIST (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 6, 2018
Working with the company was a great experience. I loved the children and the families, But management was not sociable or approachable at all. Very nose in the air atmosphere.
Pros
Good Team Members
Cons
Scheduling and Missing Hours
Management is Horrible
Drug and Alcohol IOP Therapist/Family Therapist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 5, 2018
There is no sense of direction or communication from management. It seems like if the Directors wake up with an idea they will change everything without feedback. No care for the consumers from management outside of certain supervisors.
Pros
the pay is okay
Cons
constant change and lack of communication
Not full time position available for TSS. No sick or personal days, No vacation paid
TSS (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 2, 2018
Merakey does not have a full time position for TSS. If you work you get paid, there are no sick days, personal days or vacation days available for the position. The hourly rate per hour is ok, however the progress notes are not paid. There is not an opportunity to begin a career.

The mileage reimbursement is only $0.45 per mile.
Pros
The program director is excellent
Cons
no sick or personal days available. No vacation days available either.
Just Don’t
Refuse to Say (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 1, 2018
Stressful, long hours, very little appreciation, poor management, limited support by supervisors, and super high risk of burn out. What matters is the number of clients that can be added each month. Nothing else, least of all staff.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good.
Cons
Management doesn’t care about anything but admitting more clients and making more money
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJuly 31, 2018
Enjoyed being a DSP and working in the field with individuals. Enjoyed working in a relaxed setting with great bunch of coworkers. Only downfall were the hours, they didn't work out with my growing family.
Love working with the clients.
Psych Rehab Worker (Current Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAJuly 31, 2018
My job can often be stressful. I feel we get no support from the higher ups. The pay is horrible for the job that I do. They don't seem to care about improving things for the clients in the day program. I feel overwhelmed and unappreciated.
Good environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2018
Loved working there good people great starting place for a good career. Management was good and help with anything you needed. Strict schedule weekends off
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough hours
Petty staff and poor management
Hma (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 19, 2018
When I first started I loved it but as time went on I realized that even though administration tried to fool us, nothing was about the individuals. Management is more worried about funding and not having to work themselves. You are more likely to get fired for hurting a co workers feelings then abusing the clients. Overall. Horrible company. Bad pay and just not somewhere anyone wishing to live a positive life wants to be. Oh and if u get a raise they will literally raise your benefits prices within the next few weeks.
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Bad pay, unmotivated co workers
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 17, 2018
This team is all about cultivating leadership from the top down. Whether your a direct care worker or an EVP (Im somewhere in the middle) Merakey Education and Autism has experienced enough growth that they acknowledge leadership skills in all employees. In order to grow with a company, you have to lead others as well.
Pros
National resources
potential to be great but poor management
Works with kids (Former Employee) –  Baton RougeJuly 10, 2018
work day is quick, but a lot of drama between administration and staff. Kids are awesome, program could use more support. Admin cares more about getting money than their employees.
Poor management
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 7, 2018
Any decent review of this place was probably written by management. This place is cutthroat and just downright nasty. If you’re great at doing as little as possible then this place is for you. You have to be good at blaming others to be successful here. This is NHS.
Poor Management
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
Finding out you’ve been selected to be hired as a case manager at this job was great news. The clients and the relationships you build while working with clients are outstanding and truly ones you’ll never forget. Everything behind the scenes is a pure nightmare. The amount of paperwork which is expected out of you and the amount of daily foot work, that is forced upon you is ridiculous. In a given day, you have 8 hours to do wonders! Let’s not forget that you are expected to complete paperwork and make “units” in the field (all over PA) and if not, you’ll be fired . The amount of work does not equate to the salary paid for this position. Lastly, the company does not have a good training system in place. To put it nicely, Training sucks.Management sucks. Merakey makes what should be a warning career with great advancement opportunities- a job you dread going to everyday.
Pros
Clients
Cons
No time for breaks, poor management, lack of support
Do not work here
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJuly 5, 2018
management is messed up would never tell people to work their unless their desperate, that you cant trust coworkers, they always believe the client over staff even when the client has a known history to get staff fired.Staff if they dont like you at that house they will change things around that you may say to get you into trouble. I wanted to be a TS they would not hire me at that position even though I was at the company for 2 in a half years. Only missed days when was really sick always had doctors accuse
Poor staff and mamagement
Cook, Clean, and Assist In Hygiene Necessities (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 5, 2018
Horrible place, management is filled with cliques and "turning a blind eye" attitude. They want you to devote your life but barely pay enough to survive and there's more drama between staff than kids in school. Its a shame for the clients.
I love the clients not the company
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJune 26, 2018
It's a great place to take care of your clients the clients are amazing but the place is ran like you're running it into the ground scheduling is terrible completely understaffed which is not safe for yourself or the clients if you have issues good luck getting them resolved
Supportive environment
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 25, 2018
Merakey is a positive work environment with supportive management. My boss is always available to answer questions/concerns. I am able to choose my own cases and area I want to work in.