Merakey Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 26, 2018
The employees had more drama than the actual clients. They spoke poorly about one another in front of the clients. It made it harder for the new employees to develop rapport because of that. You can get stuck working a double if you weren’t relieved. I once worked 18 hours straight until I was relieved. Supervisors only care about their time off. And getting off of work on time.They try to call you to come in on your day off to work. They changed their name to merakey probably from all the negative publicity.
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Everything else
Opportunities and Team Approach
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMay 26, 2018
I worked with the company as a master's level clinician. During my time in this position, the company was able to grow and expand the consumers served to include home services and providing ABA up to the age of 21. I enjoyed working as a team with the other clinicians. Management was receptive to feedback and company continued to improve. Schedule, caseload, and staff changing were challenges. Team environment, administrative support and opportunities for advancement and growth were positive.
Pros
Team approach, management, growth
Cons
Line staff turnover, long days
Fantastic Work environment
Community Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 25, 2018
I regret leaving this place, we work as a team, support me on and off the job. I left because i wanted to make more money and I was being put on hold. I had a better offer thinking it was gonna suit me but it didn't.
Pros
Very relaxed place to work
Cons
Waiting for promotion was too long
U get stuck all the time and management covers up what Is necessary for her.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2018
They don’t pay enough and you always gettin stuck. They rules suck and they don’t have enough staff, people always calling out and it’s not fair to staff that been on clock for long hours already u’re Not suppose to be on clock longer than 24 hours but there were times I was on the clock for 36 to 40 hours straight Nd they escape you to stay there all that time without sleep
my experience
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2018
SOME of the individuals (consumers) i worked with were very lovely, some will also lie on you. Management can be hard to get thru to at times. Cover yourself at all times. The company is not for their employees.
Pros
outtings
Cons
a lot
okay place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2018
a typical day at work is easy
management is okay
the work is rewarding because you are helping
another individual to live a normal life. the hardest part of the job is dealing with aggressive consumers.
average
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 3, 2018
Good trainings ; good people average pay
Management was ok - flexible/ good benefits
Raises very nill/poor ;vacation ok
Employee environment semi-poor
Pros
great clients/sick/vacation
Cons
poor work team
Don’t do it!!
Behavior Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth, PAMay 2, 2018
They throw you on a student with zero training! It was not included in my job description that I would have to chase my student around the city because there are no security measures in place to keep a student from eloping. You will be attacked and even though they eventually give you “safety care” training they tell you not to use it they want you to stand there and get beat up. Hours are ridiculous any delays or holidays or in service days are unpaid and if your student doesn’t show up for school, you get sent home with no pay. The parents will send notes about things they don’t want their kid to do but we aren’t allowed to do what’s necessary to stop them so it’s a continuous cycle. This job is too stressful for the pay and zero benefits.
Cons
Everything!!!
This is old NHS Mental Health
Gopher (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAApril 23, 2018
Same song, different script. They think by changing the name will make a difference.. Horrible Horrible, cut throat, racist, target staff constantly, unfair.
Not a great company
BEHAVIORAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAApril 23, 2018
This place was nothing but stress and worry. They give you no training and seem to just hire anyone. I had no experience doing what I was hired to do, and got no training for it. You were expected to just learn on the job, which is awful because there were children counting on you to know how to help. They don't make you feel included as a team and are not compassionate people. They spend too much time worrying about policies and such that they don't pay enough attention to the kids. Let alone let the teachers do what they need to help the kids. I spent days getting hit and punched and yelled at and their ways of dealing with the issues were to just let the kids do what they want. Well that is why they are there because they do whatever they want and they get face no consequences. The manager was very uncaring and not an easy person to even talk to.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay, hostile work environment, inconsistent work schedule, no benefits
Fast Paced Job!!!!
Blended Child Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sharon Hill, PAApril 20, 2018
High Demand Position, drowning in paperwork, poor leadership alot has changed over the years! Beware, I would not recommend this!! You do not get compensated fairly at all, POOR MANAGEMENT talks about bringing the morale to our department but MANAGEMENT speaks to who she wants too. All they care about is bringing in the numbers!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Too much paperwork, Poor Director, High demanding
Love the work, but management needs to be trained better
Psychiatric Technician (Current Employee) –  York, PAApril 20, 2018
The work is great, paperwork is a bit much but it is still great! Love the residents, but management is not supportive and they have lost sight if who is important.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Overworked and overwhelmed
fun place to work
Residential Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 16, 2018
This was a fun place to work and I enjoyed working with everyone that I worked with. there was a lot of things to do with all the guys that I worked with but everyday was a good day with them.
Pros
You did not feel like you where at work all the time
Cons
The pay was low
The job is what you make of it
HOUSE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  DelawareApril 12, 2018
The job is what you make of it.
Report to work read the log book. Assist with daily needs.
Ask the con summers what they would like to do ,or support them in what they need to do.
Helping others impacting lives
Therapeutic Staff Support (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, PAApril 9, 2018
Enjoyed 1:1 TSS work, however there were zero benefits that the agency provided. Prior to my end of work with NHS they were attempting to seek unionizing TSS.
Cons
No benefits/pay raises
great working with the kids
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAApril 3, 2018
NHS could be stressful. working in a house of 8 teenage boys could be intimidating to some. I learned during this time that kids just want to be respected and loved. The hardest part of this job was listening to kids talk about not being wanted or fitting in. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the kids smile!
Pros
fulfilment
Cons
hours
They treat you like dirt
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  PAMarch 31, 2018
I started off full time and had to drop down to a prn position for personal reasons. As a loyal employee who has been here over two years, they give more hours to newer staff with less seniority. And don’t expect to get time and a half for working on holidays. I love the job working with the consumers, but management doesn’t care about they’re employees.
Pros
Working with the consumers
Cons
very fortunate to have had this experience.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 28, 2018
Working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disorders can be stressful at times but it is a great feeling to know that you are making a difference in someone's life. Great line of work for someone in college or only looking to work part time. Very flexible schedule (I made my own schedule), and pays well above minimum wage.
Pros
flexible schedule, ok pay for a college gig. making a difference in someones life.
Cons
Humans are unpredictible, not much opportunity to advance
Poor Company
Behavioral Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 28, 2018
When first hired in, I was under the assumption that full-time would be available, it was not. Work long days traveling from home to home or house to client's house, you are only compensated mileage from client's home to client's home. Will not give more hours to anyone, but keep adding more staff members. Favoritism is crazy. New techs get looked at for advancement before senior staff members. Poorly managed and deal with aggressive clients on daily basis.
Cons
no breaks
Nhs
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 28, 2018
NHS Slow Unorganized crowded community based. I learned patience and compassion. Management very un organized. Hardest part of the job was dealing with management. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to bring joy to others.