Merced County Office of Education Employee Reviews

Not terrible
Classified Management, Credentials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 30, 2018
Many of the individuals I worked with were enjoyable and personable although management (superintendents and assistant superintendents) can be unpersonable and distant.
Productive & wonderful experience
ISA 1/Driver (Current Employee) –  Los Banos, CAMay 20, 2018
Merced County Office of Education has been a great pleasure to work for. The staff and expirence is magnificent. I always went to work in an eager and positive manner.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Short Staff
Not Applicable
Education (Former Employee) –  Merced County, CAMay 8, 2018
I decided not to write a review because I feel this is not important to my goal in finding a new opportunities within my career field, or any future career decisions that I make.
A very service oriented job, I found you had to be willing to give of yourself in ways others had greater difficulty doing; more accountability.
California (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 4, 2018
A typical day at work was fast- paced, yet there were time periods to
thoroughly enjoy students. I became very nurturing and orderly . The hardest part of the job was not allowing others negativity to rub off. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that students were happy with your service and you had helped them like themselves, and others.
Pros
children are funny, creative, energetic, there great to watch and learn from.
Cons
Outward displays of negativiy
Rewarding working with students
ROP INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAMarch 15, 2018
I am a contracted instructor through the county office of education who works on a high school campus. Balancing both county office requirements along with school district requirements.
A typical day could be classroom instruction to visiting my students at their job sites.
Would develop lesson plans and work on course outlines to keep relevant to industry standards.
Most enjoyable part is working students and giving them the opportunity to be ready to face the real world of work or going on to further their own education.
Pros
Work 184 days a year
Cons
Work 184 days a year
Rewarding job.
Specialized Health Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 24, 2018
Not very much room for advancement. A lot of employees who have been there a long time. Everyone works together for the best possible outcome of the client.
Great staff
Tutor and Mentor (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJanuary 10, 2018
This was a great company to work for. Everyone was so great and always their to answer any questions. The manager was always so nice and went the extra mile to help.
Mcoe
IHS Tutor, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kerman, CA 93630November 21, 2017
They are awesome. I worked for them for the summer, tutoring students. I was an In Home Tutor. I was assigned to various students in the Madera area. My task was to drive to students homes once a week and provide a 30-45 minute tutoring lesson. MCOE supplied all materials for each student.
Facilitator/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAOctober 30, 2017
Love the interaction between teaching and engaging people in the community and assisting them with learning how to better help themselves and others. Great management team and staff to work with.
Love my job
Vocational Instructor (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 17, 2017
Love working there. Clients are great and my co-workers are too. Its a comfortable working environment. Very professional company that takes pride in its employees at times.
Learning a lot and have great supporters
Instructional Aide (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 25, 2017
My typical day starts with checking emails, then our first class comes in. They are two hour blocks so we stay busy. After lunch we will have another class come in. Once all the classes are finished for the day, it is time to catch up all the other work and get ready for tomorrow.
Always fun
Head Start Associate Teacher (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 7, 2017
There is not really a typical day at work some days are better than others. I've learned that all that matters in making a difference in the kids lives even if just a smile or a hug. Management we all worked as a team. Always fun and stressful at the same time stressful because every day counts for these kids and making they are responded to you and the material being taught. Hardest part of my job I would say making sure these kids are learning and having fun doing it. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing that you are making a difference in these children lives.
Pros
The kids
Cons
End of the year
Nice place to work.
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 18, 2017
If working with kids is something you want to do this is a great place to get your start. When working with students you are in complete control of the class and how you maintain order. You also get to work closely with the parents.
Fun place two work for students
CHILDREN'S ACTIVITY DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 13, 2017
I learned great office skills, customer service and how to deal with different situations when it came to students and parents.
Pros
Good first office experience
Cons
to short
Very professional
SH Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Nice place to work. Everyone is very professional and willing to help you out if you need help. Some driving is required when going to meetings with parents or other staff members.
fun and educational
School Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Merced, CADecember 16, 2016
great place to work with co-works that help make your day better.the pay is good. you get holidays off and your off by 3pm every day. driving students to school and back home. doing mail every day lets you enjoy the company of others.
Pros
get off holidays
Cons
no pay during holidays
Decent pay hateful admin
Special Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los banosAugust 24, 2016
I really enjoyed my students and most of the people I worked for. A huge problem is internal politics, many many people are related and they do not hesitate to gossip and use there connections to try to hurt people they don't like. Administration was on a total power trip more concerned with money and liability than student safety or education. I have worked at 6 schools and been in special education for more than 15 years and have never seen such systemic disregard for students with blatant legal violations and constant confrontation with parents. This county could be a career killer, be very very cautious. I was nonreelected without a contractual evaluation or any feedback on how to improve except for incompetent statements from an administrator that told me she had no sped training accusing me of not teaching because I was implementing student accommodations for their disabilities and never even bothered to look at my extensive data on student work and progress or student plans and then went on to attribute my students success to my aides that I trained. I've never seen such incompetence and would never wish the experience I had or what I saw others go through on my worst enemy.
Pros
Great students, decent pay, some good coworkers
Cons
Spiteful backstabbing administrators, takes the joy out of teaching
Decent job if you don't have a personal life
Assistive Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAAugust 8, 2016
management is horrid
everything is disorganized
co-workers are untrustworthy
only enjoyable part of the job was benefits and pay
productive and clean
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 20, 2016
It was overall a happy place to be, Lots of smiles in the workplace.
Most coworkers were nice and likeable. I would recommend working in this place because it gives you an opportunity for advancement.
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
short breaks, no luncheon area, toothbrushing was insanitary
my position was temporary
After School Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAApril 6, 2016
my position was temporary helped prepare snacks . supervised outside and indoor activities. Assisted students with homework.