Mercer County Community College Employee Reviews

Great job
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJJuly 9, 2018
I would recommend this job to students who are in college. This part time was great because I was in school full time and was able to make decent money. The staff is fun to work with and the job is layed back
You could basically drive around in circles and still get paid
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJJune 14, 2018
Managers are very supportive and understanding. However their hands are tied when it comes to promotions and raises. Moral is low to non-existent. Good luck!
Pros
Easy laid back job
Cons
poor pay, no promotion or advancement.
A very professional organization to be employeed with
Clerical Intern (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJune 11, 2018
My employment opportunity as a non-paid Administrative Assistant Intern was an exceptional professional experience. The managerial staff were phenomenal and my direct supervision was a great leader.

My experienced working within the Department of Career Training Adult Community Education was an excellent training for me as I attempt to make my transition back into the workforce.
Pros
exceptional workforce team
Cons
non-applicable
most enjoyable part of the day
NJ (Current Employee) –  NJJune 7, 2018
It's always a pleasure to know that you've helped the students and their families have an easy transition into college. You feel satisfied knowing you've helped the student achieve success.
Good for Adjuncting
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJMay 10, 2018
Good for adjuncting but very little upward mobility. Would love to work there full-time. The students are wonderful and the administrative staff work their tails off!
Friendly and Intellectual environment
Health and Wellness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, NJApril 7, 2018
I've learned new skills for technological advancements. The classroom is A fulfilling position to be a part of. The students are great and college success is rising.
Pros
Flexibilty
Cons
Pay
College Attended
Clinical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJApril 2, 2018
Practiced Clinical Nursing through this college. There, a wide variety of nursing skills were practiced and cemented for use in the professional field.
Clerk. mentor, work study student
Administrative Clerk/Work-Study Student/ Mentor (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJMarch 30, 2018
• Preparing instructor materials for various non-credit courses
• Updating evaluation website with critiques from course participants
• Interoffice mail delivery, filing, creating completion certificates
• Processing contracts for instructors per semester
• Tutor students in remedial and first level English college courses, leadership, personal motivator
Pros
several learning opportunities
Cons
Work study student, minimum wage
A working close-knit family
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 13, 2018
Everyone gets along and backs up each other in all situations. Management is great and there are frequent training available to take. The training really helps along with the seminars.
Pros
Good positive environment, close working family
Fast pace
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  West Windsor New JerseyFebruary 12, 2018
An extremely fast sometimes stressful environment must maintain positive attitude and clear communication wish that I had more hours and better pay. Enjoyed working with the students and the staff at the college a memorable experience.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
No sick or vacation time
Not so bad!!
Test Administrator (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Trenton, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Great place to work as far as the environment and co-workers. But the pay is stagnant, no raises and no benefits for part timers. But overall a very fun place to work
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
no raises or benefits for part time employees
Student focussed culture
Administrative Specialist of Veterans Services (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJJanuary 21, 2018
There is a collaborative work environment, with all departments working hand in hand toward the betterment of the student. There is not a competitive nature that comes before the student's success.
Pros
The ability to help students
Cons
Low pay
student service
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJJanuary 6, 2018
Helping mental people in their classes or anything more needed to help them to make them successful in their school experience.I am grateful to be part of the dream working and working with them to have see and get more better in a lot of things of either how teaching one to one student and learning that it cannot be easy to work with these people but still they have the right to work and learn in easy and difficult classes
Blessed to be at that school and taking classes and seeing new professor and people each semester.
the most enjoyable day at work
C.N.A Instructor (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJNovember 27, 2017
as a nursing instructor at mercer county community and a nurse for 30 years my most enjoyable time is instill in my student what I have learn over the 30 years and seen where my student advance in nursing.
Fun work environment
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJNovember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with the students, encouraging them to seek a higher education. When the Program Creator retired the program changed, and to me the Dean was more concern about keep the program funded than concerned about the students, the enter city students that were enrolled in the program when the program started were dropped and replaced by existing students in already funded programs
Cons
I loved my Mentor/Tutor job.
Mentor (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJOctober 13, 2017
Mercer is a nice place to work. I love Mercer. I went to Mercer after high school. I loved the campus and I made friends. They had an Anti-Bulling Banner. I signed it last week.
Pros
Great lunches, beautiful campus and relaxed college atmosphere.
Cons
No benefits, few hours.
Mercer has a true interest in inner city youth.
College/Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJOctober 8, 2017
I enjoyed working the 6 week College Bound program. I was able to use my skills as a School Counselor to assist students' from various districts within Mercer County.
An exciting academic environment
Youth Counselor-part-time weekends only (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJSeptember 29, 2017
I worked in an academic enrichment program which operated on Saturdays. This was a part time position. Even though the college is a fast paced environment it was not stressful. Students were encouraged and support to be successful in their career and academic goals.
Pros
Provides educational support for middle school and high school students
Always exciting working with the students and growing as an individual.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  West Windsor, NJAugust 21, 2017
I enjoy the interaction with the students and many cultures in the classroom. I enjoying learning with them as the world evolves.

The work may be tedious at times, but well worth the end result...which is watching the students move on to the next chapter.

The hardest part of the job is maintaining the students attention at 8:00 am on a Monday morning and meeting the deadlines each week when working on a part-time basis. However, the rewards at the end of the semester are worth the time and effort spent each day.
Pros
Work from home when class is not in session
Cons
Part-Time No Benefits
Fun to interact and meet new people
Tutor (Former Employee) –  1200 old trenton road west windsor njJuly 19, 2017
It was great I was able to tutor individuals from all backgrounds. Whether they were right out of highschool or well into their 40s. I was able to interact and develop my leadership and communication skills through this opportunity.