Mercer University

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

Mercer University Employee Reviews

Mercer is a place for employees who do not want to advance in life. If you are seeking to work a few years and then retire, this is the place for you.
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
Poor management. The faculty is only equipped to teach students but not equipped to manage employees. Lots of politics and childish behavior with faculty in the colleges. A lot of faculty members are there to have their emotional needs met. Lack of diversity in certain areas amongst faculty.
Mission-driven private university with a small student body located in the heart of the state.
Video Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 16, 2018
Private university located in the heart of the state. Small student body, friendly, family feel. Since of "team" in the office place. Since of support among various departments and schools, as well as satellite campuses.
Pros
Pros include ability to shift work day if necessary, or work from home if needed.
Cons
Cons include some days seem to run out of hours before th work is done.
Great Place to Work
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 25, 2018
Great university to work for. My dean was flexible and very supportive of my work. Inspired me to return to school to work on my PhD. The students are excellent and committed.
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at work would be to assist the admissions counselor. I truly enjoyed working for Mercer. The pay is extremely low but the work environment is phenomenal.
Pros
Learning new things.
Cons
Extremely low pay.
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 15, 2018
Work was interesting and the people great!I learned a great deal, it is more than an institution of learning the job culture is very close, nurturing, and accommodating.
Great Workstudy Job
BearForce Worker (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 8, 2018
This is a great work-study job for college students. You complete your tasks assigned to you by the hour on the checklist and have time to work on your assignments within the same span. You interact with a number of students daily and still see your friends while at work. The level of professionalism and play is a great balance for students who are stressed in college.
Pros
Workstudy
Mercer University
Professor of Education & English (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mercer University as a part-time Professor. Relaxed atmosphere and the faculty was always very professional and kind. I taught Education and Psychology courses both at the Graduate and Undergraduate levels.
Pros
Great environment
Good opportunity for undergrads
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 6, 2018
Worked with faculty and students on a flexible schedule. Was able to learn a great deal about database tools and RNA research. It was enjoyable to work alongside researchers who were passionate about the project.
best summer job ever
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 6, 2018
Teaching for Mercer's Upward Bound was so much fun. The students were respectful, Mercer is a beautiful campus and the administrators of the program were some of the most supportive I have ever worked with.
Pros
fun job
Productive, accountable, and hardworking
Supervisor/Official (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 5, 2018
-officiate various sports
-time management
-very good knowledge of rules of the specific sport
-case play reviews
-team work setting was great (family)
Student worker
4+ years campus student worker (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAMay 4, 2018
Mercer University is a beautiful campus and environment. The office personnel I worked with were all professional and friendly. It helped build my work experience.
Benefits are excellent
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 23, 2018
Mercer University is a great place to work. The educational benefits are exceptional. I was able to earn my BA and MBA while working and the University covered the tuition.

The job was satisfying and my co-workers will remain lifelong friends.
Great place to work.
Statistician/Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAApril 20, 2018
I had a chance to work football games where I would assist visitors and students in right direction on the field. Some areas were restricted to specific people such as media and coaches. I had to make sure these areas were safe for the field teams.
Professors are the worst
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 4, 2018
Professors yelled and screamed at each other non-stop. No respect for others. Never any work to do.
The commute is horrible due to local traffic and being located next to a hospital.
Internship
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2018
I was an intern and teacher assistant. I was treated fairly. I would work there again because I did not encounter problems. The staff was professional and kind.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Fun working and help students
Custodian Tech (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 19, 2018
Cleaning germ-free work environment. And helping students Live clean and Healthy. Love having a positive working attitude. look for a Company that have the some working Environment.
A great place for a Internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 31, 2018
The Athletic Department was a great place for my internship. I learned a lot about the marketing and advertisement for all sports at Mercer University.
Fun Environment filled with hope
Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 29, 2018
Fun workplace with great travelling locations
VIDEOGRAPHER (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJanuary 22, 2018
It was fun going places for away games, especially when visiting larger schools. The bus rides were a bit gruesome, but the trips were ultimately worth it. The players and coaches are really nice and the job itself is simple and easy to learn.
Great Experience
Vice President of Student ASCP chapter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 19, 2018
I worked along with the executive committee of the Mercer ASCP chapter to procure speakers for the meetings and cultivate new contacts to broaden our understanding of long term care pharmacy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight