Mercer
Happiness rating is 56 out of 100

Working at Mercer: 22 Reviews

United States22 reviews

Amazing work life balance

I worked when Mercer had physical offices. Very metrics focused company with great work life balance. Very understanding managers. Culture was very outdated.

Pros and cons

Working for a global company has its advantages in resources, support, and innovation. With that, it also can take time for any traction on decisions. In addition, the commitment to continuous improvement can lean towards change for the sake of change.

Mercer insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Decent place to work

Company provides good benefits but the compensation is low. Turnover is very high & it never felt like there was enough support from management. It’s easy to burnout in the call center.

Caveat Emptor

Working at Mercer was not the worst job I've ever had, but it ranked under positions I would never consider taking again.I experienced long hours, completely opaque business direction, baffling leadership decisions and general lack of coherent strategy while there.I would not consider working for Mercer again.

Standard large multinational corporation

Mercer is a business under pressure being involved in industries that are maturing and consolidating. Unfortunately, mature, cash cow businesses respond primarily to budgeting pressures. Finding growth is a challenge.

Pros

Historically very smart people

Cons

Focus on bottom line

Great experience

Mercer is a great company with really smart people but the work/life balance is non existent. Mainly focused on billable hours but the resources available equip colleagues with knowledge.

Pros

Co workers, flexibility, resources to service customers

Cons

Work life balance, advancement for some that are not earned.

Temp job

Mercer was a temp job during open enrollment. Very busy but the people was nice and the money was great. You can chose your schedule. If needed a day off, all you had to do it request it.

Pros

Good money

Cons

Short breaks

Great place to work with much to learn

Projects across clients of varying levels of maturity and industries. Given responsibility and a voice when preparing recommendations. Great project leadership that provide thought leadership, care, and guidance.

They teach u on thei job

It was hard work but I moved around to a lot of positions picking up different skills and techniques a learning experience were I got a chance to learn on the job

Pros

Free mesl

Cons

No insurance

Actuarial Analyst Review

I enjoy my time working as an actuarial analyst. I feel like there are a lot of opportunities to learn and opportunities to grow.Work can be seasonal at the firm. Prior to COVID, actuarial analysts were given paid overtime during busy weeks. Associates don't get overtime, but they get a year end bonus.

Pros

Cons mostly moist muffins make me mad in the morning. Managers might mire more meaningfully in the meadow. Idaho maine delaware september bottle markings.

Cons

Great company very professional enjoyed my time working there made real good money

Great company to work for everybody is very professional driver managers were very professional great load board make good money at Mercer would recommend this company to anybody who is looking for stability in the trucking industry

Great people but terrible compensation and opportunity for advancement

I have worked with Mercer colleagues throughout the world, and have had good relationships with all of them. But raises are slim and they change the bonus formula every few years in a way that few people understand, apparently because management can’t get a handle on how to pay as little as possible while still giving an appearance of fairness.

Good people overall

Enjoyed my team, but eventually the team fell apart from people leaving. Team was never restocked. Culture was good, and was able to work remotely. Would work there again.

Good opportunity

Good opportunity but the group was distracted and did not work to create as great of an experience as it could be. It was unplanned, disjointed. It required me doing a lot of the work and pestering people to give me a clue of what was going on.

Mercer review

Mixed review here. One division was very cooperative and produced great results. The other group was knowledge management, could not produce requirements only complaints

Great company

Mercer is a great company to work for. It has all the perks of working for a large consulting firm. Expense account, good pay, good benefits, great corporate culture, etc.

No opinion

this is not your business. I do not wish to participate, I just want to post my resume, stop giving me an error for something you have no business asking for in the first place. does this meet the requirement.

Left to join another company when supervisor left for that company. Helped transfer over 100 Clients to the new office when the supervisor joined Mercer.

Benefits

Mercer Marketplace

The work operates around an annual cycle so an employee gets a good sense of what needs to be done/is expected after one year. Working here has helped me accumulate a vast amount of knowledge within the healthcare realm. Because you work remotely for clients around the country with teams around the country, it is not rare to never meet your teammates in person. While this job is consulting, you are not often presented the opportunity to meet face to face with the client. Most calls and meetings will be handled via teleconferences. Since this practice is still rather new, the training is not very organized and is not always very helpful. There is also not much guidance when initially starting in this role. Many colleagues and I found this to be a huge issue.

Productive work place

I enjoy the work that I do for this company. I am allowed to work my own pace and do not have supervisor leaning over my shoulder.

Common questions about Mercer

Answered by current and former employees at Mercer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercer. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

82%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Mercer with

Learn about Mercer in popular locations

• Mercer