Merchandising Solutions Group Employee Reviews

Miss them
Lead Project Manager/Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJune 23, 2019
Spent many years with this company to be let go and never given an alternative to work PT or Flex. Yet other people were hired to flex in. No real trust of higher ups knowledge
Pros
Family Friendly.
Cons
Poor management. top Heavy hierarchy
Good Experience
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Mount Ida, ARFebruary 18, 2019
I was a temp on a job to set up a dollar store and had a great experience. The crew I was with were friendly and the management great. I wanted to stay with MSG but due to no work close by had to move on after the job was completed.
Pros
Good pay, nice staff
Cons
Lack of work close by, long commutes
Great job I just needed more pay.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCNovember 19, 2018
This was a great job. I learned so much from the job and gained so much experience as far as time management how to work safe in a crowded environment and just how to be a dependable person on the team and to work well as a team.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Bi-weekly pay
Na
Project manager (Current Employee) –  Hays, NCOctober 25, 2018
The time I spent there taught me about managing teams and I am grateful for that, I got a chance to work in the field and at home. I learned a lot about start to finish merchandising.
Very slow very boring
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 16, 2018
Got to find rides whenever they call you to wherever they say if not you can get fired , the job sights were very far for a 6am job . Very easy job but boring and slow pace .
Pros
1 hr break
Cons
Jobs are far
Great first impression at stocking job
Stock Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Milford, MEOctober 15, 2018
This company offers various contract jobs. I found one for setting up a new retail store in my area. The project was starting just a few days from when I found the ad. I applied with nothing more than a cover letter and a phone call, and I got the job. The hiring/contact manager has been very helpful and responds quickly to my questions. The project manager was very professional and great at her job, which made for a smooth work day. I enjoyed working with both of them.

The contract was for a project that was supposed to take 5 days, working from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a 1 hour lunch break. The contract does not guarantee hours though, so be prepared to have your hours cut short if there are unexpected problems with the project. For mine, the last delivery truck didn't arrive so I was not able to return for day 5.

The company itself offers several jobs across the US, but don't expect regular work in your area. If you want to earn a living with this company, there are opportunities with more responsibility that pay better than say a stocking contract, but you will have to be willing to travel to where the jobs are.

There was zero training. I would definitely not recommend applying to a project in which you don't have experience, or if you have a hard time learning new things, but never be ashamed to ask questions. I asked many, and my project manager was always happy to help. She recognized my skills and I quickly went from stocking shelves, to setting merchandise displays, to using one of the store's handheld devices to scan and find the location for trouble items. I
  more... had a lot of fun setting up a new store, it was a great sense of accomplishment to see it go from empty shelves to a fully stocked store in a matter of days! Because it was local to me, working this contract may even lead to me acquiring a position at the store I helped set up.

Overall, I had a great experience working for Merchandising Solutions Group, and I wouldn't hesitate to pick up another job through them.
Pros
Contract work, you get to choose which projects you want.
Cons
Self-employment, which means zero benefits, no tools or equipment provided, and you are fully responsible for paying your own taxes.
Work remotely
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NcSeptember 27, 2018
No longer working there laid off. Not generating business contracts. Lack of teamwork. Loved being able to work remotely.
Loved what I did with working with reps and clients.
Pros
Work remotely
Cons
Laid off not enough business
I liked to be able to see the country and work at the same time
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 15, 2018
Overall it was a great experience. The team I worked got along well and were able to complete a lot of difficult jobs. I worked with great leads who were will organized.
Flexible scheduling and collaborative communication
Team Lead/Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2018
Management is amazing as they are willing to work the people and understanding of the needs of the workers. The project managers are open to suggestions and understanding of the constant changes in the field. Schedules are flexible.
Pros
Possible travel
Cons
Steady work
Very stressful
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 13, 2017
No compassion for empoyee's working with no overtime pay or drive time pay not paying us all hours. Wanting empoyee's to work during a hurricane that devastated Houston Texas
Cons
No benefit's
Productive travel and adventures around the united states
Sub Contractor(apprentice) / General Labor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
Depending on if you're working day or night its calm or busy in the store. Everybody will help you if you need help or struggling to grasp any concept.
Pros
Hotel room (paid for) $175 spending money for the whole trip
Cons
never know when you getting off. crowds interfering with your work space
lots of travel to different locations
INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 25, 2017
the day starts at 7:00 am when we are inside the location we begin to reset the planograms inside the store and shift the gondolas according to the blueprint. we work our way to the back of the store to build runs an reorganise there inventory
Pros
money, reading blueprints and planograms
Cons
travel, no benefits
Great place
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2017
Good coworkers to work with. Paid for hotels and rental. Consistant work for 6 months. Got to travel and see different s states. Always on the road. A
Relaxed work environment
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, NJJanuary 25, 2017
Relaxed work environment, work on your own schedule depending on which project is given. Heavy lifting a lot of stocking items.
Pros
Free coffee and candy and breaks through the day
Cons
No healthcare, no benefits, work can be as far as NJ
A friendly work place where you were able to choose your own team so you knew and got along with your co-workers
CREW LEAD / CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  United States Of AmericaDecember 9, 2012
A work day starts at 8:00 am ends between 8:00 - 10:00 pm you set up the inside of a dollar general and have two days in which to do so you are constantly on the move to get the store built on day one and the back row of gondolas shelved and planogramed out but a typical work day is very physically and mentally demanding. I learned how to drive and operate a forklift read and implement planograms and also how to read and implement the map of a store as far as placement and most measurements of gondolas and freezers and cash registers and how to hook them up.It is very important to have a well experienced team and be able to work side by side and coexist as a team to get the job done in a orderly and timely professional matter.The hardest part of the job is lifting heavy things all day and remembering from job to job the many different fixtures and how they go together so you dont have to read the instructions every time because you have to be quick but precise and have the ability to do it with a merchandiser over your shoulder constantly riding you as a crew leader and you have to remain professional and mind your manners.The thing I liked most was the traveling and getting to see the country and the different ways of life each region of the united states has but my favorite thing about the job and the work was that i understood it all so quickly and was able to have the opportunity to teach other people something they could take with them and remember it and one day say hey a guy named such and such he taught me this
Pros
free expenses room and board and as funds
Cons
no benefits no free lunches and no taxes taken out