Merchant e-Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Work at Merchant e-Solutions
PORTFOLIO MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 10, 2018
Maintain 2 mailboxes, answer all emails within 4 hours. Answer phone calls from banking partners with questions varying from simply queries to larger issues that need escalation.

Work with other departments as needed to resolve issues.
Pros
Lots of activities outside work, great benefits
Cons
They have an issue holding on to key talent
Very fast paced e solutions credit card processor
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2018
Really enjoyed my short term contract assignment. Learned a lot about the credit card processing business while working in their accounting area. The hardest part about the position was trying to get inter-department coordination of efforts to resolved AP related issues.
Pros
Competitive and fast paced environment
Cons
Most employees did not take a daily lunch break
miserable place to work
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WANovember 21, 2017
Management is terrible and plays favorites. This place is absolutely terrible and I would not recommend this place to anyone to work. I spent way too long there
Benefits
IPO fast changing enviroment
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAAugust 16, 2017
Challenging environment due to constant changes in the payment processing world. As changes occurred, price structure would need to be updated and Technology Group would need to be adjusted/created online application. Finance would have to modify the settlement process on the fly to safeguard that all transactions are captured.
I enjoyed Interacting with Technology, Account Setup and Sales to develop online application practices. Helping customers/partners with analyzing profitability practices on their merchants accounts was nice.
New state of the art work space. Billiards, game rooms, shuffle board, swinging chairs. Might be the best office space in Spokane.
Risk/Fraud Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 14, 2017
Fairly free envirornment. Can move about as you wish. Excellent people, flexible hours. Challenging work daily. Great benefits with matching 401k. Great supporting HR department. The company has many outside activities they participaate in or just fun internal activities quite often.
Pros
Work space
Cons
N/a
Great company
Sr Business Leader Strategy and Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
small but growing company with lean toward developing cutting edge payment solutions . Great for those looking for technical jobs , partnership and collaboration are strong
This was a brand new company when I worked here.
Help Desk Rep (Former Employee) –  spokane, valleyNovember 3, 2016
I answered technical questions for credit card machines. If there was an issue with the card reader or any number of issues. I learned all there was need to know about credit card machines and credit card processing. The best part of all my jobs have been my co workers, Helping others is the best part of my job, The hardest part of the job was working two day shifts and two graveyard shifts a week. the changing in schedule to that extent was a definite challenge,
Pros
good benefit and pay
Cons
challenging shift
Amazing Company
Vice President Business Development (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, COSeptember 1, 2016
I was responsible for developing new clients and increasing company revenue. A typical day included Cold Calling, scheduling meetings. Consultative selling.
Pros
Worked remotely
Cons
A company that believes in the right way of doing business.
National Account Executive- Transcom Sales Channel (Current Employee) –  Home based businessMarch 23, 2015
Daily activities comprised of contacting businesses to acquire their credit card processing. You must have a advanced understanding of the inter-workings of a companies AR department to succeed.
Pros
Unlimited opportunity
Cons
Too many changes within the executive leadership.
An awesome learning experience
Customer Support/Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 2, 2014
Typical day; log into your computer, and phone system, ensure all required application were up and running properly. Ensure always ready to accept incoming calls when not actually on a call. Working on projects as assigned. I learned how one's tone of voice and attitude when that frustrated customer calls in, can make a difference between a very happy customer and even more frustrated customer. The fact that listening will go a long ways. The management was good and they were ready to answer questions as they came up. My coworkers were awesome. They'd go out of their way to make me smile or laugh, a wonderful relationship. Hardest part of the job was having a customer with a difficult technical issue, already frustrated, and after exhausting all resources, not being able to directly alleviate that customer's issue/s, however, being able to direct that customer to a resource that could assist them. Best part of the job, hearing the satisfaction in the customers voice when their issue is fixed, just how relieved they are, and hearing the wonderful compliments on their customer service.
Pros
Very caring coworkers and supervisor
Cons
Short breaks and strictly monitored.
Worked with Federal and large client merchants
Vice President, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Remotely in AlabamaMay 2, 2014
Worked remotely for four years
Trained myself in Federal Contracting and was successful in being awarded Federal Merchant contracts
Relationships with co-workers were through emails and phone calls and was excellent
Hardest part of the job was when travel to large volume merchants and Federal clients was scaled back to no-travel.
Most enjoyable part of the job was my clients
Pros
Worked Remotely
Cons
non face-to-face visits to Federal and large volume clients
enjoyed my time with the company
Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  melbourne, floridaOctober 10, 2013
Merchant e- Solutions gave me great flexibility on how to handle my account retention team. I came up with my own policies and procedures which eventually gave me a rentention rate of average 93% with my lowest being 89%
Great Employer
Account Management/Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLApril 26, 2012
Great environment, fun and always motivational. Learned account management skills and working on the e-commerce side of things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchant e-Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

Merchant e-Solutions Reviews by Location