Merchant Link Employee Reviews

Awesome people to work with
Performs QA (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 16, 2018
Working with a diversified culture, awesome fun people to work with. Because of the relaxed environment, I enjoy going to work everyday. I have learned so much about network gateway systems and how they keep us safe in a fast moving world. I cant say there is nothing hard about my job, everyone helps everybody
Pros
Rewarded for performance
Terrible place to Work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 7, 2018
Management is Terrible, No Advancement, Promises are made and never kept, Favorites are promoted and protected, forcing broked product into production
Merchant Link
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  MarylandDecember 14, 2017
Merchant Link is a great company to work for. They are productive and fast-paced, which works for everyone there for the most part. The only tip I would give is to work on continuously developing the employees and do not promote or hire based on if you like or dislike someone. If they do their job beyond expectations, then reward them with a position they deserve vs. your personal preference on someone that is not the best fit.
Pros
Benefits, growth opportunities, pay
Cons
Management, not always organized
The job has great people
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDNovember 19, 2017
Merchant Link is a great company to work for! I enjoy coming to work because I have great people that I work with. I even have to opportunity to work from home on days that my family needed me.
Pros
Company happy hours, free lunch, parties
Cons
Long commute
Expect A Challenge
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 21, 2017
It is a good company to work for. However, right now it is in the middle of a growth spurt and as such every single employee to include the Sr. Executives are overladen with work. Typically an employee may arrive anytime between 7:30am - 9:00am. Supervisors are very flexible with everyone's schedule and I have not witnessed any blowback for family/household emergencies. Interns do not spend their time "fetching coffee", rather they spend their time pulling weight and contributing.

The downfall is the company is changing at the speed of technology. Processes that are pioneered can become obsolete in a week. MS-Excel is the bane of this company, but one should be proficient in it. Lastly, expect to work with people that are not fully trained in their job
Pros
Flexible, Training, Adaptable, Challenging
Cons
Chaotic, Heavy Workload
Great Place to Work
LAN Admin III (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMarch 23, 2017
Merchant Link is a great place to work. Employee make-up covers many different demographics - i.e. Ethnicity, age, Technical prowess, etc. 10%-20% of employees work remotely. They are constantly updating many of their technologies.
Pros
Probably the best events - Holiday Party, etc. - of any place I've been
Cons
Could push more to update their CRM platform
Merchant Link a stellar workplace!
Human Resources Generalist/Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 20, 2017
After 7 years as HR Generalist and Facilities Manager, I helped grow the company in headcount and workspace. The culture is diverse and respectful with great camaraderie. Highly recommend them for any opportunity.
Merchant link
Technical Support agent (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work is understaffed. I learned no matter how hard you work it goes unnoticed and unappreciated. I can say that i have learned A LOT working for this company I respect and admire the Hire ups in this company but wish they paid more attention.
fun workplace
N/A (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 18, 2016
Pros
Generally, the company is super product focussed. Most of the engineers are super talented and work very hard. Processes are tailored to productivity, and not cast in stone. All of which makes this is an amazing environment for someone who wants to create, learn, and innovate.

Despite sometimes long and odd hours, the company is very supportive of a work-life balance. There's reasonable flexibility in work hou…
Cons
A big part of the company culture is centered on open and honest communication. Senior management works very hard to keep politics out of the culture, and we are taught to "talk _to_ people, not about them", to "listen with intense curiosity", to "tell others how they impact you". There is ongoing training and reinforcement around this, and when team dynamics are out of kilter, management will rally around the team and help them work through their issues by encouraging them to talk about their feelings. Yeah, it's a little like therapy. No, it's a _lot_ like therapy. Many employees have broken down in tears while examining and sharing their feelings. Note: There's no requirement to share anything or talk about anything you don't want to. However, you are asked to think and talk about what's making you sad, angry, happy, or scared. And when you are in a room full of people who are sharing their feelings, you might feel some pressure to do the same.

It's a journey, and sometimes it is very hard. Oftentimes it is rewarding, and is likely essential for maintaining our culture as we continue our rapid growth.
my first internshipa and i had best of my time
Human Resource Intern (Current Employee) –  silver spring, MDNovember 21, 2014
I am currentlt studying in India and i was fortunate enough to be interned at Merchant Link. It is a place where i got to learn a lot and put everything to practice what i learnt in college. Everyone is so sweet and always ready to help. Mot importantly the top management and the supervisor are very friendly and assist with every task.

Want to know more about Merchant Link?

Ask a question
Productive Work Place, Family enviorment with coworkers
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaJune 25, 2014
A typical day at work is servicing merchants whom work in the restaurant and lodging industry. Helping merchant resolve issues with credit card batching, and daily revenue settlements. What I have learned at this job is point to point sales encryption, as well as how increasingly difficult this industry can be at times. Management team does their best to assist in stress management, in addition to work life balance. My co-workers are like family, we share the workload evenly, and we are direct just as a family would be. The hardest part of my job is the doing the same thing everyday, but it becomes a routine that is not as tough as collecting money from everyday people. The most enjoyable part of my job, is the team cohesiveness, we are an eclectic group of people, whom is also a small group so we tend to mesh well in personalities.
great place to work
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  tempe, azJune 26, 2013
the management and fellow teammates are great to work with. Merchant link creates a atmosphere at the work place where you want to contribute your thoughts and ideas
Pros
team support
Cons
work schedules
Great group of people to work with
Proactive Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaApril 1, 2013
Merchantlink is 51% owned by JP Morgan & Chase, therefore there is a lot of room for advancement, yet youhave to be a position for nine months before advancing. I work in the Tech Support department where we service merchants such as restuarants, hotel lodging, etc with lost credit card information, settling batches, troubleshooting. We are a very important step in merchants getting paid on a daily basis, we provide support for thier business.
Pros
flexibility and communication
Cons
currenlty short staffed
Unprofessional Atmosphere
Low - Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJuly 18, 2012
The company has undergone several transitions and management chooses to keep employees misinformed. Favoritism and retaliation seems to be the key tools most managers use to keep employees from contacting HR, or if they are in a situation where the have to contact upper management and HR, the managers are put at a higher regard and get away with illegal or unfair business practices that the employee had not been properly instructed on their rights to seek help outside of the company and the problems continue to persist. Not a fair work life balance unless your a manager and not made to record time properly and they cut corners and blame most of their staff for their shortfalls.
Good cultural dynamics
Level 2 Customer Support Techinician (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMarch 24, 2012
Great location for commuting via train or car. In my opinion the benefits are very good. Great leadership in the executive managements positions.
Pros
401k % matching
Cons
time card clock in system