Merchant Lynx Services Employee Reviews

All That Glitters Is Not Gold
Employee (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 12, 2018
When I first started working for the company I thought this was the best job I ever had. The workplace culture was awesome. Everyone was so nice. I use to brag to my friends how great my job was. Within the last couple of years the company has really struggled with keeping employees. Management starting having this nonchalant attitude that anyone can be replaced. People working with the company for years just decides to quit. This company maybe has a couple hundred employees nationwide. So everyone somewhat knows each other. I remember at least 2 times out of the month for at least 1 year people were quitting. Management would state these are our growing pains everything will be fine. Almost like an rebuttal retention effort to save a client who wants to cancel. I know something was wrong when management asked to give 5 Star reviews about the company. My whole mindset has changed now and so has the workplace culture. Don't know how long I will continue working for this company but I will advise any new employee coming in be prepared for anything. There is no true policy and procedure to anything. Also if you are willing to make great money with no benefits, this is the place for you!!!
A Truly Wonderful Experience
Director of Deployment (Current Employee) –  Palm BeachJuly 30, 2018
An experience that instills pride into every day you come to work. The growth potential places no ceiling on your career development. Leadership is extremely supportive and knowledgeable. I would recommend Merchant Lynx to anyone who is trying to grow their career or advance as a person. The work environment is friendly while staying very quick paced. I learn so much every day here, I have no intention of ever leaving.
Pros
Flexible time off, great leaders, competitive environment that urges you to grow.
Unprofessional
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYJuly 22, 2018
The NY call center when I first started was great. There were about 30 of us, it was a diverse group. The turn around rate was around 90% no one could keep their job. Management always kept you on edge it would effect the work flow. They say your quota is 4 or 5 a week but if you didn't get at least 20-30 leads a week they would let you go because your numbers were low. There were fist fights in the office on multiple occasions between women. You were expected to train new hires when they came in which was all the time and keep your high number. I understand helping new hires but obviously if I'm training a new hire my lead count for the day will be low, but I have been reprimanded for a low lead count while training someone. My direct manager, the call center manager was supportive, friendly, and always pushed me to be my best in a professional manner unlike the higher ups. I will close this review with the most unprofessional situation I have ever encountered in my entire working career. On July 13 2018 the call center was closed and relocated. I understand these things happen its business nut the way they handled it was extremely unprofessional. At about 12:45 pm the Vice President of the company called a meeting. He began to inform us that the lease was up at the end of the month and unfortunately they will be relocating to Florida. He continued to thank us for out services and that there would be no need to come back to work after lunch. That was the last day, we were given no notice, no time to prepare a new job, no severance, on top of that our accrued time off was not  more... being paid out to us. All 15 of us are now unemployed age ranged from 20 to 60. Before all this happened I really did enjoy the work I did but the end of my time there could have been handled more appropriately.  less
Pros
Cons
everything
great environment
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYJuly 14, 2018
It's a great place to work at, except for the food. It's too good there, I gained so much weight. The work enviroment is great' the people there are all friendly and I was really able to build real friendships with my coworkers.
Work life balance
Sales Contractor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2018
Good work life balance , flexible working hours, managements approch to teaching some things needs work, decent pay for the job, and gets hars at times when you can't close deals.
Not recommended
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYMarch 8, 2018
Horrible work environment. Unrealistic goals by management. Turnover rate was unbelievable. Many clients complained that we did not live up to our agreements.
Bad Place to work
Pennsylvania Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAFebruary 6, 2018
Crooked Company!!! They cheat their customers!!!!! They change to customers contract and rates 3 months after they are signed up as a customer!!!!!!!!!!
Professional like setting
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
Good vibes, cool co workers, everyone has their own computer space, you get an hr lunch break + two 15 min break, one before lunch and one after. The company has a bus waiting for the employees in front of the train, to transport them to the building during the AM and also during the afternoon (in case you don't have a car) . They are very strict with the schedule, if you are even 2 mins late they WILL NOT let you in unless you call saying it's an emergency. Keep in mind, this is cold calling. You might have to deal with nasty comments. If you have thick skin and only care about making money this is the place for you because you will be sitting during your whole shift just making calls. The job takes some adjusting to do, it is not for everybody! Very diverse place to work, owners are Caucasian but employees vary.
Cons
no benefits
Stressful but fun
Telemarketing agent (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYOctober 2, 2017
28 hour work week to avoid giving you benefits. Constant pressure to perform (get leads). If you don't get enough leads they will fire you. You make around 40-50 calls an hour to unsuspecting businesses that are very unhappy to be receiving your calls.

That being said, when you do get through to someone, it' can feel very rewarding. You can also make some extra money per every successful phone call you make. Definitely a great place to practice and hone your communication skills and customer service mentality (roll with the punches, if they insult you, don't insult them back). The pay and lack of benefits are explained to you as you walk in the door, so there's no surprises and they are true to their word. The management was great, of course there is pressure to perform, but they are great at their jobs and are more than happy to help those who ask for it.
Cons
Lack of benefits
Merchant Lynx Services
Shipping&Receiving/Executive Creative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Working for Merchant Lynx Services as an administrative employee is very poor. I do not recommend this company to anyone or as a customer.

Typical day: answering phones, creating orders, assisting upset customers.

Management and no benefits is the hardest part of working here.
Horrible
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrison, NYAugust 29, 2017
v Assisted clients with credit card processing options

v Marketing & sales of credit card processing machines

v Served merchants with innovative services that meet their customers evolving needs.

v Maintain superior customer service and exercising outstanding internal and external communication.

v Worked as a team, to maximize services for our merchants.
Pros
Cons
everythiing
Awesome new pay structure
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYJuly 15, 2017
I have worked here for a while, management is very steady. The pay has changed a couple times and the hours but is the best it's ever been. $15 a hour and paid for every lead I set as an appointment. Now I only have to work part time but make more then when I was working full time under the old pay.
Pros
Money and only 4 days a week
Cons
A lot of calls to set an appointment
Room for Advancement
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2017
Great people to work with and great opportunities to advance in the company. If you want to work independently this is the best company to work at and for.
Pros
Room to advance profesionally in the company
Cons
Work locations to far
Everyone works as a team
Assistant (Current Employee) –  MDApril 18, 2017
Been at merchant lynx for a few years. Several opportunities and can be a very fun place to work. Management gives everyone opportunity to voice concerns and new ideas.
Pros
Yearly Xmas Party and Xmas Bonus
Cons
No healthcare or retirement plan
Busy and very demanding.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 25, 2017
Trouble shooting and customer service to business owners with processing problems. Downloading and programming credit card machines and shipping to customers. Management didn't treat their employee good and made you feel like you weren't important to the business. I loved learning the programming of the credit card machines. The hardest part was dealing with customer who are losing business because they cant process credit cards.
Pros
Helping customer solve problems and help there business to earn money
Cons
Pay wasn't good, No Health insurance
Fun work environment
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Rye, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Come in to work and have a brief meeting with the manager about how our day is going to go and which states and cities we'll be calling to tele-market.
Merchant Lynx Services
Receptionist / Admin Asst. (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 10, 2017
· Answering a multiline telephone
·Directing calls
· Taking inventory
· Making office orders
· Organizing spreadsheets via Excel
· Updating accounts
A decent company but i feel the workers were underpaid
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYSeptember 8, 2015
A typical day of work consisted of coming in at 9:00 AM to start making outbound calls to Independent Business Owners around the states trying to get them to upgrade their credit card processing systems.
Pros
Cafeteria within the building
Cons
New employees coming and going
Dial for dollars, real character-building.
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Rye, NYMay 11, 2015
Merchant Lynx Service is a great way to polish up your sales ability by thrusting yourself into the brutal and hostile world of cold-calling. You're expected to make 40-50 outbound calls an hour and you call the same business owners at least five times a day. You have to keep changing the name from "Merchant Lynx Services" to "Merchant Services" or even "Lynx" just to avoid an immediate hang up. The pay is very poor for the aggressive sales tactics enforced and high levels of stress but in the end you do walk away with thickened skin and complete resilience to rejection, so keep dialing for dollars until your fingers are numb…
Pros
One or two attractive women tops.
Cons
One or two attractive women tops.
Fast pace environment
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Overall okay company I learned a lot about the merchant processing industry.
Pros
training
Cons
management