MerchantE

MerchantE Employee Reviews

United States33 reviews
Merchant e-Solutions offers the opportunity to earn a good income while doing meaningful work. Field sales management team was very supportive. Fellow sales associates were easy to collaborate with and offered advice freely.
Pros
Fully remote, good income, accountability
Cons
Pace of product innovation is behind industry competitors
Absolutely great company to work for. Flexible time, WFH options, pretty decent salary. Office space was new and modern, with cool amenities like a pool table, hanging chairs, and pretty good kitchen area. Work/life balance was great. Very understanding company that when life happens life happens and work can wait in some instances. Great management and team members. Really no complaints at all! I'll miss being an employee!
People smiled in your face while throwing daggers behind your back to elevate themselves. Most of my peers were secretive & unsupportive out of fear. I walked on eggshells here and felt uneasy with constant changes in upper management and objectives.

They paid for training for us which was nice and Starbucks coffee & snacks were always available in the break room, but I couldn’t be myself as management was unavailable or harsh. It may have changed since I was there though.

New management. New rules.
The company has a very high turnover. No company vision or brand in the payments industry. Their payment platform is a hard coded database and they do not want to invest into technology that will make payment processing frictionless, robust and secure. Company is unable to reconcile their losses or profits due to an improper technology platform.
The first year at the company was great. The leadership was effective and we had strong momentum. The environment was fun and felt like a family. The second year everything changed and started falling apart. There were teams at two sites and unless you worked in the Atlanta office you had no chance of any kind of advancement and the office is full of cronyism. If you weren't friends with upper management you didn't exist.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
It’s a great place to start your career. The company like most smaller organizations experiences growing pains so they need staff that is optimistic it’s a right for them.
Was a great team and great place to work. due to a new CEO coming onboard, mine and my director's positions were eliminated. There were some great perks. Also, some good travel opportunities. they are thought leaders.
Pros
Free Snacks, Game room, chill out areas
Cons
no desk phones, not as much work/life balance
Right now the company is going through executive management changes and the environment is very unstable. There is a lot of turnover currently in the company.
New Executive Management consists of "temps" from a staffing agency. Cleaned house upon their arrival in Spring/Summer 2019. Prior to this the company had a great atmosphere but never understood where the profits were gained or made.
The office really takes care of their employees. I worked there for a project, but they accepted me as one of their own. The atmosphere is fantastic.
Merchant e- Solutions is in a current state of rebuilding after several years of being out paced in the market. The leadership team consists of highly motivated consultants who are not cutting corners for the future. Life at MeS is all business but that should result in a very effective program in the long run.
Merchant e-Solutions is a forward-thinking company that rewards collaborative, innovative, and dedicated individuals interested in making a meaningful difference. We offer an inspiring work environment, where ideas are valued and employees can experience first-hand the impact of their contributions.
It was a good place to work at until it was sold then turned into corporate mentality under the new management. it became a very toxic environment and most employees left
I believe some training would have helped. It was mainly a self taught position. Lots of moving parts. Really enjoyed job and team. Was just becoming acclimated to position when my position was terminated.
Company was good until they moved from Silicon Valley, CA to Atlanta, GA. They lost personnel and much needed experience to maintain the company technology.
the company is behind on technology and sales practices. Management was not knowledgeable. I was on my on with very little support and very little pay.
Official response from MerchantE
November 29, 2018
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. We’re sorry to hear this was your perception of your time with us. We work hard to identify and develop leaders that will embody our culture – which seeks to balance execution and speed with collaboration. Furthermore, since the management team came on board, we have implemented several new programs, processes and organizational improvements. As a small, growing company, members of management not only set strategy and direction, but can often be seen working side by side with their teams serving our customers, developing new products, improving our platform, and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement. We always welcome specific feedback so that we can continue to create a positive work environment for all employees
Worksite is new and modern. Variety of games activities to partake in during your break/lunches. Company hosts monthly team builders/gatherings for all associates outside the building.
Pros
Wonderful Worksite
Cons
Job advancement
Maintain 2 mailboxes, answer all emails within 4 hours. Answer phone calls from banking partners with questions varying from simply queries to larger issues that need escalation.

Work with other departments as needed to resolve issues.
Pros
Lots of activities outside work, great benefits
Cons
They have an issue holding on to key talent
Really enjoyed my short term contract assignment. Learned a lot about the credit card processing business while working in their accounting area. The hardest part about the position was trying to get inter-department coordination of efforts to resolved AP related issues.
Pros
Competitive and fast paced environment
Cons
Most employees did not take a daily lunch break
Management is terrible and plays favorites. This place is absolutely terrible and I would not recommend this place to anyone to work. I spent way too long there
Benefits
poor training
do not support employees

give assignments to employees with no training and expect it done in 24 hrs

when let go i was lied to about life insurence
Pros
Cons
poor management