Merchants Fleet Employee Reviews

18+ years
The Work Environment is Innovative and meant to keep employees driven to move on, generate excitement...and it works! Many changes in 18 + years, but latest are the best!
Relaxed
Heavy Equipment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILJuly 20, 2019
Great company with opportunity to grow. Not afraid to move into new areas . Work from home . Flexible company great benefits and they listen an value their employees.
This is a good old Boys club, poor management, no opportunity for advancement. My friend got cancer and then got let go. Cheap selfish company. They .
Fleet Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJune 27, 2019
This is a good old Boys club, poor management, no opportunity for advancement. My friend got cancer and then got let go. Cheap selfish company. They Play favoritism, and do nothing when someone gets harassed by another employee. Don’t work there or buy a car from them!!!
Great company, lots of opportunity
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMarch 24, 2019
This is a growing company with good management and lots of interesting work. They are profitable and growing and have a keen eye on innovation. They care about their employees. The people are great. I love working here.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, opportunity, people
Cons
Fast growing and exciting place to work!
Director of Innovation (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMarch 12, 2019
I've been working at Merchants for the last months and love it so far! The company has come under new leadership in the last year and their strategy for growth makes me excited about being part of it. The company culture is great, everyone acts like a family and goes out of their way for one another. One of the best places I've worked for sure.

Others have mentioned the cramped office space due to fast growth - this is very true, but it is being addressed with an office move this summer.
Pros
Benefits and salary are competitive, great people
A Great Place To Work, Learn, and Grow.
Middle Management (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMarch 5, 2019
Merchants Fleet embraces innovative thinking and positive attitude. If you want to succeed you will, the company offers many benefits should you chose to unlock them.

Mentor programs, team building events, health benefit packages, volunteering hours, tuition reimbursement, training courses, are just a few.

Merchants has undergone various changes in the past year that will only benefit the company and the employee’s, those who choose to embrace the change and culture will have flourishing career and development opportunities at their disposal.

Merchants has been working on work-life balance and working smarter not harder. They are actively working with management and employees to encourage balance and working to find solutions to workflow and processing to find a better balance for everyone at the organization.

They encourage participation and feedback at any level.
Pros
Great Executive Leadership team in place, with diverse backgrounds and a wealth of knowledge to share!
Cons
The current building can silos departments and make collaboration difficult. However, 2019 promises a new building with amazing amenities!
Good ownership - mid managers not great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 16, 2018
Company is changing under new CEO, and very focused on growth - but growth means change, and not everyone in the organization is prepared for that.

Middle management gets obsessed with details that aren't important, very little direction and training,
Pros
Employee friendly owners with "everyone wins" attitude
Cons
struggling with growth, but will eventually catch up to themselves.
Very good job but moved closed to family in N.C..
Sales Consultant Representative (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHNovember 14, 2018
Enjoyed working at Merchants Auto Group the short time i had been working there. My co-workers were very friendly & the best to get along with. My management team were very good and not hard pressing to find out what happen to each customer. 80% of the customers were credit challenged at this type of dealership. Very different type of dealership programed to attract the credit challenged customer. Unfortunately i have family members in N.C. had been very sick. And i decided to move closer to family.
Pros
Very understanding & nice people to work for.
Cons
Sometimes needs many long hours
Family Owned Business With a Protective Culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILSeptember 21, 2018
Want to be clear that is review is specifically for anyone thinking of working at Merchant's Fleet Rosemont, Illinois office. Their culture in the main Hookset, New Hampshire office is one of a "family owned atmosphere" and "best place to work", however, it definitely ends there. That same best place to work is because it's run with protectionism as it's main focus. Irregardless of the incompetence of their current Hookset management, all issues are panned off issues with the Rosemont office, and if you're a consultant, you're a target. If you point out any failings of theirs this will ultimately come back onto you. It's a company that taught's that they'd like to transform to an agile process of delivery, however, their inept management and management failures are kept very much within their Hookset office. They fact that they sell sub-prime auto loans to low-income and impoverished individuals is an issue, as well. Their current partnerships with development teams are one of a parasitic nature, and if you choose to put yourself in any way associated to that relationship, beware.
Pros
Work life balance as there is no accountability
Cons
inept management, lack of accountability, no transparency, no continuity, no process definition
Amazing Company
Financial Operations (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 5, 2018
I have worked for companies large and small and nothing compares to the culture here. Managers care about their employees and help to keep them motivated and growing personally and professionally. Everyone is approachable from top to bottom! We have an energetic and charismatic CEO who has great goals and you can't help but want to follow his lead. There is ample opportunity for promotion, especially with growth and they are strategic in making sure that they put top talent in key roles.
Pros
Free breakfast, coffee, hot chocolate. Water coolers everywhere.
Cons
Growing out of building
Great Family Owned Company - New CEO
Operations Specialist II - Delivery (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 13, 2018
Merchants is a great family owned company. Recently some of the benefits were reduced, and we have had some change in leadership with the CEO, head of HR and head of IT leaving in a 6 month period.
Pros
Great benefits, good working relationships
Cons
recent changes in management
Lots of growth opportunity
Fleet Maintenance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMarch 22, 2018
Family owned with corporate mentality. Being contract, had the opportunity to work in several departments, Learned different responsibilities and skills.
Pros
Growth opportunity & Tuition reimbursement, big discounts
Cons
Did not have budget to hire permanant
Chaotic workplace
IT Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 22, 2018
Total Chaos and lack of direction from the management and constantly changing priorities.
Total lack of respect towards employees
Too much internal politics
Very rude management
Office (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJanuary 16, 2018
The managers act unprofessionally towards their employees. Promotions are rare, and you are most likely stuck doing the same thing for a long time. You just don't matter no matter how hard you try, and the pay is low for all the things you do
Pros
Cons
poor management
A fast paced great work environment
Fleet Acquisition Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 30, 2017
My experience at Merchants brought me to a great level of customer service relations. I was a trusted individual to acquire and satisfy new clients. It allowed me to grow in the corporate world.
Fast Paced Environment
Violations/General Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHSeptember 20, 2017
This position was heavily based on paper work, large part of the position was doing a lot of research for information. Hardest part of the position was working with an outdated computer program.
Excellent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hooksett New HampshireAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work many super people great environment for employees as well as customers great benefits just a great place to work relocating is the only reason I am leaving this wonderful place
Pros
Traffic
Cons
Management availability
All the benefits of a large company with family-owned feel
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 17, 2017
Happy with my job here. My goals and expectations are clear which helps me a lot. I have a mentor in senior leadership that I can go to when I have issues. I have access to senior leadership across the board and they are very approachable. I can see my self staying here for years. I will add that I have had no issues with work life balance, I have children and have been able to adjust my schedule to for Dr's appointments, school events, and day care emergencies when needed.
OK place to work
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHMay 8, 2017
This is an ok place to work. The hours can be long and the expectations from management are very high. Also be prepared to be in the "used car dealer culture".
Verbally abusive management
CLIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NhMay 2, 2017
If you hate yourself or have no self esteem this might be a good place to work. Management is verbally abusive and belittling, the pay raise is pathetic, and they physically tell you there is nowhere for you to go within the company if anything is wrong no matter whose fault it is management or not, it's your fault.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merchants Fleet. Our community is ready to answer.

Merchants Fleet Reviews by Location