Merck Employee Reviews

Dedicative and fun work place.
Quality Specialist/Master Data Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 17, 2018
Got opportunity to work in SAP software & learned more in deep about FDA regulations and GDP, GMP and GCP quality system. Very good team & management experience with latest technologies.
Be Cautious
Medical Affairs Director (Current Employee) –  Upper Gwynedd, PAJuly 13, 2018
The downsizings will give you little notice. They claim to strive toward world-class results, but many areas fall far short! Some senior managers are short-timers who have little energy to manage effectively, which creates a bottleneck hindering advancement of others.
Decent to Employees but not to contractors
Developer / Process Improvement Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJJuly 11, 2018
I was an IT contractor here for eDiscovery, and they treated us all like chopped liver. The director (no longer there) was completely uncivilized. Only plus was work was done at 5. I hear the benefits are good for FT employees, and they get treated much, much better. I'm sure that MDs / PhDs in the various research teams, and who are full time employees may have a very different experience than I did.
summary
Acute Care Specialist, SE FL Territory (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJJuly 11, 2018
Great training, solid company. Classy and very educated employees.We had good data to identify customers, market share, and potential customers. We had the new antibiotics to launch
Integrity
Public Sector Account Executive (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAJuly 10, 2018
I was always very proud to work for Merck. Its a company with incredible integrity. It provided opportunity for professional growth. The best part was launching products.
Safety Data specialist
Safety Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  bogota,colJuly 10, 2018
It is a great place to work, they give lots of chances to improve and grow.
Great culture
Change Communication Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 10, 2018
I worked for Merck in 2014, great organization and supported the ITSM goals for IT area with a focus on communication deliverables to help raise awareness
Great Place to Work
Associate Specialist, Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJJuly 9, 2018
When I worked at Merck it was a great place, they let me do my job with very little supervision, my manager was great, very fair and trusting of my work.
Pros
Christmas week off, great benefits and 401K plan
Casual workplace
Managed Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 7, 2018
I learned about the different drugs, and the pharmacists would provide more information to help the customer service representative be more efficient in there position.I enjoyed the relaxed workplace culture.
Pros
stock options, relaxed casual attire
Cons
No bonuses or overtime
Terrible work culture
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAJuly 6, 2018
I didn't realize how miserable I was until after I left. Union is destroying the company. Only matter of time when it closes up shop and moves to Durham NC.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Union
productive enviroment
Manage Care/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 5, 2018
Taking calls from customers in regards to prescriptions.
Merck had a diverse workplace culture
Nothing hard about the job.
Working and talking to people and clients.
Pros
unlimited overtime
Cons
company closed
Great experience
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJJuly 5, 2018
Merck is a A wonderful company, Great team . Excellent Team to work with. A lot to learn, very much space to grow. It's a great place would strongly recommended to the people around me. Very positive experience with good expectation.
Fun place to work at
Front Desk Office Administrative Assistance (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 5, 2018
Good company to work for. employees are very helpful. To many middle mangers in meeting without results happening. Directions are not clear. No urgency to get items / task done. Top ,management has no accountability for there results.
Pros
Goodies are good
Cons
To much paperwork, waste of time, long meeting with no results.
Merck was an excellent work experience in my professional carrer.
SENIOR AUTOMATION AND PROCESS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRJuly 4, 2018
Worked for Merck for twelve years. My career Merck was accented year after year in term of knowledge, responsibilities and leadership. From an Automation Engineer up to Computer System Validation Manager. It was an excellent experience in a good work culture.
Pros
Talent development and good career path.
Cons
Unstable in term of Job Security.
Good working environment & culture
Associate Vice President (Former Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJJuly 3, 2018
I found Merck to be an excellent working environment. Encouraged employee growth and development. Open and inclusive culture. Provided colleagues with opportunity to provide input and feedback.
Good company overall
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAJuly 3, 2018
great company! Work life balance was great, 401k match was fantastic. One of the few companies left that provides a pension to employees. Only downside is the constant layoffs
Pros
flexibility, benefits
Cons
layoffs
a means to an end
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Millsboro, DEJune 30, 2018
We were busy non stop from the time you came in until your 8 hours were up or until the work was done. No room for advancement unless you were in the good old boys group. Hired as monday to friday days and several holidays off except good friday. Which is really not true. have been made to work almost every holiday and weekends a lot. The worst part of the place is the lack of communication from the management. My advice don't believe anything they tell you. Everything is up to management decision and not by company policies posted on website.
Vaccine manufacturing for the global market
Bioprocess Technician (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 29, 2018
As a sub-suite lead, the day began with participating in the managerial shift change meeting in order to prepare for the day. The second level of meetings involved conveying information and necessary action to immediate team . Aside from manufacturing support, manufacturing data (key process indicators) were trended on a daily basis so that anomalies or shifts in the data could be further investigated. Participated with technology in regards to process improvement opportunities or troubleshooting.
productive most of days and laid back for some time
RESEARCH DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJJune 28, 2018
It is a big company with many departments and culture vies from different departments. in Research it is easy going and friendly environment yet fastpaced at times
Company Focus in Mission and Vision
Engineering Compliance Head (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRJune 28, 2018
Working in this company has been a learning experience. The company is focused in the enhancement of current processes to achieve established targets without sacrificing quality of products. The hardest part of the job was the corporate downsizing implementation that adversely affected our site.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

52%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.