Merck Employee Reviews

Found 1,887 reviews matching the search See all 3,017 reviews
Merck is a great place to work, but too many changes between 2008-2013
Principal Scientist (Former Employee) –  BostonAugust 17, 2018
I learned a lot as it was my first industry experience. I left because of the desire to move back to Europe and because of the many changes in organization due to the merger with Schering/Ploegh
Job Place To Work
Scientist - Bioanalytical - Biologics and Vaccines (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJAugust 16, 2018
Excellent colleagues in the group very supportive. Everyone played an important role in getting the task to move forward. Everyone in the team helps each other.
Could Be Better.
Associate Technician II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 15, 2018
As a company , its a good company. Speaking on the Durham NC site, the management that is running that site, has created a stressful, cut-throat environment, where it's all about what kind of degree you have vs. the experience you have. They have lowered the morale of the experienced employees that have been with the company for years and knowledgable of their particular area, by down playing their experience to being minute in comparison to someone just out of college with no experience, even in cases that a non degree employee got a job over someone with a degree, they were paid significantly lower than what the job offers.
Pros
Good place to enter the pharma industry.
Cons
Not a good place for job advancement, especially for employees without a degree.
Good environment to work with
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 15, 2018
very good environment to work with. never felt like a new employee or from a minority community. people would talk with respect and ask for opinion. managers were ask for regular feedback and would help building skills.
Pros
skill building, career building
Cons
salary compensation
okay work environment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 15, 2018
okay place to work temps do not get paid all that good and do not get many benefits. Third shift can be a bit overwhelming and tiring to new people that are not used to it.
Ambiente de trabajo muy dinámico
Operador Farmacéutico y Operador de Empaque (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRAugust 14, 2018
Es un trabajo q hay q vivir día a día pues no puedes tener la confianza q te darán permanencia. Son muy inestables en cuestión de que hacen cancelaciones de contrato por baja producción muy seguido aparte q el salario es muy poco a diferencia de otras empresas que hacen el mismo trabajo, con horarios fijos, dos turnos y comenzando a $10.00 por hora.
great place with great people
CARDIOVASCULAR SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 14, 2018
The culture in the medical field is ever evolving and the folks at Merck know how to stay on top of things. I was always very impressed with their leadership and willingness to train up individuals to build stronger teams.
Merck is a great company, but advancement is slow
Global Trial Operations Informatics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJAugust 13, 2018
I worked in the clinical ops area doing monte carlo enrollment models. The management is weak, unrealistic pressure. Not enough interest in developing better data sets in order to really measure site effectiveness.
Pros
Good location, campus
Cons
Slow advancement
happy
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work and learn. I was there only temporarily, but happy with the experience I had. I have nothing but good things to say about it..
good company overall
Senior Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
I have been with Merck for 12 years and I enjoyed working for the company. Good pay, benefits a decent work environment, many changes. I recommend Merck as a place to work.
Relaxed work environment, which fits in to the bay area. However, the company does not compensate for the cost of living.
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 8, 2018
Relaxed work environment, which fits in to the bay area. However, the company does not compensate for the cost of living, making it difficult to retain talent.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Nice place to work
PROJECT MANAGEMENT oT (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 7, 2018
workplace culture is excellent. Meet with with worldwide teams to discuss ways to solve issues encountered during any new implementation. so we get to know our foreign business partners. After work we get free dinner and drinks at a restaurant
Pros
flexible time
Cons
healthcare
Middle of the road
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Upper Gwynedd, PAAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Merck
Remote work
Independent work setting
I would rather be an employee than a contractor, because contractors never know what's going on
I prefer not to review merck in a public website
Senior Business/Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 6, 2018
I do not feel comfortable reviewing Merck on a public website because I am not sure of the security of this site or the audience for this review. I have been employed at Merck for the last 18 years
A good place to work.
Validation Specialist (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAAugust 5, 2018
I worked at Merck as a consultant more than 10 years ago and enjoyed working there. I think it is a good company to work for. Can't say much about the culture now.
Pros
Good working environment. Your talent is valued.
Cons
Very good company aimed at improving peoples lives
Global Human Health IT Solutions Delivery Director (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 5, 2018
Enjoyed my time working for Merck and was able to work on numerous key initiatives in my time there. Learned a lot from key leaders in the company and my coworkers there.
Get Your Foot in the Door
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 3, 2018
Great to get your foot in the industry door. Poor management culture and not much in the way of career advancement. The organization needs to be more focused in what it wants the company identity to be.
Merck
Senior Specialist Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAAugust 2, 2018
Merck - Overall it is a great place to work. The diversity and the people are great to work with. The skills and the knowledge each person possess is valuable to the company.
Pros
Good place
Cons
sometimes can be quite stressful
Large Pharma Company
Executive Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 2, 2018
Moving in the direction of a specialty company. Not as much opportunity currently for primary care representatives. Current primary care products' growth are limited by generic competition.
Inconsistent Leadership
Sales (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 1, 2018
Stress is something that comes with the job. However the expectation is the leadership would be as honest as allowable. If there is an expectation or decision that is being made it should be made in a consistent manner. Unfortunately there are leaders that will make a decision based on their desires and not what's best for the company and employees.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight