Merck Employee Reviews

Found 1,941 reviews matching the search See all 3,107 reviews
productive
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 16, 2018
a very good place to work and to get great experience in a good clean room work place. employees are excellent to work with and also management. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is unlimited time of over time and you can work to provide for your family.
review
Accounts Receivables System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 16, 2018
i was laid off in 2013. Leadership decision to create a shared services hub failed. There was micromanaging and also click groups if they feel you was not about their ideals you are a outcast
Pros
work life balance
Cons
micromanagement
Productive and competitive workplace
Associate Pharmaceutical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 12, 2018
Merck's work culture is most similar to "Market culture." I found the workplace could be competitive amongst one another, but really enjoyed the support within my team--I can't say the same for others. I do wish that the culture emphasized more on Human Resource development; however, this issue is driven by the lack of support from upper management.
The White House and Senate of Pharma
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilson NCOctober 10, 2018
If you're into politics, you would fit in perfect at Merck. People are not promoted or given a chance based on work ethic but based on who they're friends with. It is a "good ol boys" system and it is unfortunate because a lot of talented people are over-looked while others are promoted generously based on personal relationships with others.
Great team support
Project Financial IT Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Branchburg, NJOctober 10, 2018
Working is a progressive international team, we supported each other & contributed information and ideas from multiple backgrounds. It was a great learning experience and a fast paced progressive culture.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Utilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  arecibo, p.r.October 9, 2018
Excellent place to work, I passed 18years in merck and I grout from Utilities supervisor until the associated director. Myexperience in Merck was one of continues grout and improvements. I participate in a lot of projects developed in the utilities area.
Advance Technician Spectraforce (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 8, 2018
Overall it was a very decent place to work for, working conditions were great, as usual it always depends on the management team that you are part of.
Big old company
Principal Scientist (Current Employee) –  Kenilworth, NJOctober 3, 2018
Merck is a big old company. Good compensation/benefits, but career potential is limited. A place for no motivation workers. Organization restructures every year. Not a stable working place.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJOctober 3, 2018
Organize and maintain files. Scheduled weekly/monthly meetings and conference calls. Answer phone, submitted expense reports, track department expenses, consultant invoices, streamline department events and deadlines.
Pros
Free coffee/water/
Cons
401K/Pension/Healthcare/Vision Care/Dental Care
Good place for Veterans
IT Project Manager, IT Security (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJOctober 3, 2018
good place for veterans to advance in their career .great open door policy and open layout when in the office. Opportunities are great and the people are very supportive.
Pros
collaborative
Cons
needs more african americans
Productive work place
Associate Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Point, PAOctober 2, 2018
A good place to work with and lots of opportunities are provided to an intern. The work culture was also good. Very supportive manager. Would like to work again in future
Productive workplace with technical expertise
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Point, PAOctober 2, 2018
Experienced workforce, vested product/project expertise over a wide variety of SME's. Collaboration is good across boundaries, but overall work environment is just average. Enjoy interacting across multiple areas of the business. Often struggle with finding supportive managers that really work to connect with their direct reports.
Strategic Sourcing Analyst
STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Summit, NJ and Roseland,NJOctober 1, 2018
Assisted OTC Strategic Sourcing Analysts with bidding on product displays. Entered Purchase Orders for Over the COunter displays.
A typical day consisted of having meetings with competing vendors and comparing OTC product display stands. I learned how to compare displays and make wise decisions based on costs and presentation.Management was very supportive and played a part in challenging me. The most enjoyable part of the job was having the opportunity to see how the dispalys are chosen. There was no hardest part of the job.
Pros
Great benefits, great support and great team.
Cons
N/a
Waste of time
Clinical Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  West Point PASeptember 30, 2018
These people are a bunch of clowns. I was working with On Board Services for a contract position in Clinical Packaging at Merck. After being investigated for a position I had interviewed with and accepted, the position was abruptly cancelled. I had to send them 3 years tax information and took 2 drug tests and I have nothing questionable in my back round.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent management
Positive and wonderful people
INSTITUTIONAL ACUTE CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 29, 2018
Really enjoyed Merck. I was just in a field of care that was not my specialty. Merck is a solid company that tried to always do the right thing and take care of its employees.
Pros
People
Cons
paid a bit less than other companies but made up for it in retirement benefits
Its was a start
Legal Administrative Assistant - Patents (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJSeptember 28, 2018
I good in through a temporary assignment. I learned the practice of filing patent with the USPTO. I earned a invite to become permanent. I am not sure what is going on at Merck & Co Inc in 2018 I have not worked there in overy 20 years.
Pros
Technology and Best Practices
Cons
Poor management
Good
Desktop Support Agent (Current Employee) –  West Point, PASeptember 27, 2018
Good place to start at but not a lifetime position. Hard to advance and they will tell you that you're easily replaceable. My manager was the best though and always could understand any problem no matter the stress he was going through.
MRL Postdoctoral research scientist (Current Employee) –  West Point, PASeptember 26, 2018
Excellent place to work. The management is Excellent and you have plenty of opportunities to grow and to perform well. The company offers an excellent benefits package. Nothing to complain
Normal work environment
eDiscovery Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJSeptember 26, 2018
Plenty of restrictions to move around the company.
Pharmacy Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCSeptember 26, 2018
Good place to work, good environment, slow pace, nice people, a company to grow with and be part of. God place to retire from. clean place to work and learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Merck. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

74%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss