Mercury Insurance Group

Mercury Insurance Group Employee Reviews

United States366 reviews

claimadjusterworkloadinsuranceunderwriteautobonusagent

Overwhelming

after training good luck.. you’ll end up getting swamped with work with no help in sight.. you’ll have to catch up on your own and if you don’t then you’ll get constant reminders that you’re behind

Don’t do it!

Way too much work for one person to handle. Your phone never stops ringing you are expected to call voicemails back within a few hours all while trying to complete activities and new claim assignments. Highly stressful and frustrating working conditions. You will feel overwhelmed everyday.

Pros

My leadership has been great! It’s just the work is terrible.

Cons

Stressful, can’t keep up, you will work a lot of hours to try and keep up.

Mercury Insurance Group insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Zero Tolerance

Had a successful 6wk training, was getting continuous positive feedback from my Sup & Mngr & customer service surveys were at 100%. Was let go after 7mnths of pushing myself to succeed with an overwhelming number of claims, calls, voicemails, emails, training, and meetings. Bottom line, do not fall behind. You'll find yourself always trying to catch-up and mistakes will be made. They will catch you on one of their "zero tolerance" policies and w/o a write-up or coaching, just let you go. Was so excited to have this job and received so much support in the beginning to feeling expendable in the end.

Pros

Remote, holidays, benefits

Cons

Workload, pay, quick to terminate

Ok place to work

Pay in comparison to other companies is low. Cost of living has gone up along with inflation yet the pay only moved about maybe 3% , no OT allowed despite the workload, no new equipment it’s all outdated and old.

Great profit sharing and bonuses Company is becoming more people oriented toward employees. Most everyone works an 8 hr day.

Best profit sharing bonus plan of any company I know of. Christmas bonus equal to one bi weekly paycheck. Workload can be heavy but it's manageable overall. Too much micromanagement when I was there from 1986-2008. The company grew a lot during that time but very little empowerment given to front line adjusters. Everyone was prone to being second guessed but it seemed the company was changing that toward the end of my time there.

overworked and underpaid

Mercury is all about numbers. You have to hit certain production and audit scores to get a raise. This can be very hard to do. You need to have a 90 percent audit score to meet goals which means you really can not make any errors. They audit 50 files a quarter. You are expected to take upwards of 50 calls a day on top of keeping up with the activities assigned to you. It is very hard to keep up with the pace they want and to never make an error. They also really don't communicate if you are hitting the goals on a weekly basis. You get a check in with your boss every 6 weeks. Until then it is a surprise if you are hitting the production goal or not.

Good company

Good company. Good benefits. Awesome people. I love helping out people. Doing a job that’s helps people. I love making a difference and Mercury helps me to do that.

good job

Some adjusters can have an attitude when you as for something you need. Policy is always changing but you get really good training.Yearly bonus are generous and the company does things to show appreciation even if management doesn't.

Overtime it gets worse!

Although it many positions including mine are now WFH is the stress worth it?! It might be ok for some but not for me. Especially when the job and amount of work don't fit the pay scale. Some management help you out when needed but then some make it seem like you're bothering them. Instead of guiding it's more of high school scenario in this place. Would really consider what you're getting into to when applying here.

Great stepping stone for other insurance jobs

The company has well established policies and procedures which is nice when understanding what is expected of you. There's also room for advancement or to change to other positions in the company, assuming you meet the qualifications.

Pros

Benefits are good including accrued PTO

Cons

Quotas and management overlooking those who take shortcuts to meet theirs

Overworked. Stressful.

The people are great but the expectations and workload are unmanageable. They expect perfection but punish you for not getting everything done in 40 hours. You can work all day non-stop and never take a break. Burnout is one inevitable. Most people don’t stay long term.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Workload, pay

Co workers are amazing. Management make it terrible

Very political environment. Management doesn't take accountability but require their employees to. Unorganized training and poor management skills. Management requires to much with no positive feedback.

Just okay

It's a job, but the pay is too low, the expectations are too high, and you don't feel like you have job security. Too many changes from one week to the next, minimal room for errors.

Pros

Coworkers and benefits

Cons

High demands, low pay, no job security

Great place to work.

I love the people whom I work for and the customers who call in. I love the open door policy. I love the encouragement from management. Everyone is helpful and willing to be of assistance to all.

Pros

Hour lunches

Management does help you to succeed

Company overworks the employees and only upper management gets the credit. No concern for employees to advance. Needs to update their technology to catch up with competitors.

Productive , peers

As long as you have great peers to work with at any job , itll ease the stress of the work itself. Below avg pay per industry standards. Average benefits, average company.Mobility is better now that it is wfh

Pros

Peers, wfh, workload is manageable

Cons

Below avg pay

Workload fluctuates and there is a lot of downsizing.

I held the same position for years and no opportunities or growth presented themselves. It might be more indicative of MD and may not be a good representation of Claims or other branches of Mercury.

Pros

Work-Life balance, collaboration

Cons

workload, pay, unsupportive leadership.

Overall good experience with great peer support.

You are expected to be on time and do your work in an efficient manner. The best thing about working here is the supportive culture with co-workers and friendly environment.

Pros

Creating great friendships, fun events on occasion, 401K benefits

Cons

Seeing people in other departments struggling, especially claims dept.

People are cool. Work load can be unreasonable at time. No help when time is taken off. You come back to a lot of work.

If you're good. They'll give you more work and responsibilities, with no bump in pay. Work loaf is crazy, but they don't care. Expectations are to be better than the company's goal. Sometimes unreasonably.

Pros

Discount on insurance.

Cons

Low pay. Expectations constantly changing for the worse.

I enjoyed working at MI, at that time building was current and innovative ideas

My tenure at Mercury Insurance was a very pleasant experience. I had great upper management and supervisors. If we did not move, I feel I would still be working there and moving up the corporate ladder. I took pleasure in supporting clients with their claims. I would have very busy days and took advantage of opportunities to get involved in team-building projects.

Pros

Company Moral

Cons

Working in a cubicle could get a little claustrophobic, I just like to have room to spread things out.

Unrealistic goals

Goals are not really achievable. Audit scores need to be 90 percent and they not pick every single thing you do looking for any tiny error they can find and mark you off for. The company cares more about production than actual customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercury Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight