Mercury Systems Employee Reviews

Hard Work but Good Experience
Technical Coop and Developer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAOctober 2, 2017
Due to its nature most of the work is on a quick deadline but the engineers and managers are very helpful. Anyone working there will learn a lot. Number one advice is to ask questions while researching your own answer. Do not just sit and try to solve it yourself.
Balance
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJuly 27, 2017
Mercury was very good at endorsing a balanced work life. For the summer hours they have "fun Fridays" where the employees get to leave at 2-3. Not to mention fun corporate events promoting a happy office environment.
productive and fun workplace
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, NHJuly 25, 2017
Everyone got along with one another and even people I did not know were courteous to me. Definitely treated the employees well and everyone helped everyone out in order to made the company prosper.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great military hardware provider well-respected by the DoD.
Consulting Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJune 23, 2017
Mercury makes a lot of computing/sensor/communication hardware for the Department of Defense. The employees have pride in their work knowing that the military is using their products to protect us.
Pros
Good culture. Free lunches and outings, and good benefits.
Cons
DoD products are subject to ISO compliance, causing more paperwork/bureaucracy.
Very straight forward with work duties and great environment to work in.
Senior Assembler (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAMay 24, 2017
Working here is very pleasant. Some days are hard and under pressure, other days are very relaxed and easy. People are treated fairly and everyone feels comfortable working with each other.
Pros
Good pay, steady schedule, great environment
Cons
Company is relocating far from where I currently live.
Incompetent Manager
Sr. Process Engineer (Assembly/Packaging) (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 21, 2017
Mercury Systems just acquired Microsemi and I join the company at this very early stage. I do not think MS' culture is really accepted or embraced totally across the organization.

Manager likes to micro manage and gave unclear directions. Many of assignments seem to come out of his dream or nightmare from a previous night.
Pros
Enjoyed working with hard working people
Cons
Daily tasks and assignments were very confusing and chaotic
Productive and intellectually challenging
Consulting Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 16, 2017
Very innovative and advanced technologies. Mercury is known for its leadership in COTS technologies for military market.

Mercury technology encompasses the whole processing chain from RF microwave components, IF processing, signal processing, to rugged storage. Working as system engineer challenges an individual to understand the technologies from end-to-end. Very highly skilled engineers and advanced technologies are the pros.
Productive and fun workplace
Student Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2017
Great people to work with. You feel a sense of pride with what you are working on. Employees are very helpful and will assist you on any project. I had a great time.
Awesome
Student Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2016
Loved working with my co-workers. Interesting work. Laid back atmosphere where you can get a lot of work done. Management was great and willing to help.
Excellent
Hand placed SMT boards (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 13, 2016
You'd be happy to work here. It has everything you need, want, and expect for life....it sure does keep you busy. and in the end it's worth working for.
good benefits ; no job security
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHMay 22, 2016
The company buys out competitors, so they are always consolidating laying off employees;however, once laid off, they did provide 3 months severance pay with full benefits including hiring a company to help me get another job. So they were very generous with supporting laid off employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no job security
has become a tough place to work
Engineering (Former Employee) –  ChelmsfordOctober 19, 2015
The best part of the company is that the individual people are a great, talented and dedicated group. The leadership cares very little about those individuals. Management keeps growing at the expense of all. Quality comes before revenue in all cases.
Culture is changing
Director of Solutions and Product Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMay 5, 2014
I have had very good experiences with Mercury. The culture and advancement opportunities have always been very good.
Fast paced, multi-tasking - but relaxed, friendly and supportive work place.
RMA Receiver / Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAMarch 30, 2014
Mercury Systems was a great company to work for.
Typical day: At 6:00 am start the cycle count and enter results into Oracle. Start to process the folders that I received from the RMA customer service rep's that were delivered to me the previous day after 2:30 PM. Create the RMA travelers for each unit, receive in, create the job, pay to the job, move the job, fill in quality results (all data entry in Oracle) and move traveler and units to rework area.
As boxes arrive from UPS and FedEX - remove items from boxes and record part number, serial number, 400 number and rev of each item being returned from customer for repair. Check serial number and part number in Oracle history and check BOM to make sure item returned matches what was originally shipped out to customer. Resolve any such discrepancy. Take documentation sheet and all paperwork - test data - packing slip and deliver to RMA customer service rep for booking. Receive in loan material and receive in customer furnished equipment. Un-crate RMA chassis that weigh several hundred lbs. using stacker fork truck and rigging straps. Process RMA chassis same way as described above for other units.
Issue out parts to internal customers in stockroom. Placing newly arrived product into proper stock location. Performed sub-inventory transfer of material in Oracle if room cannot be found where the receiver received in the product. ie.(receiver received item into "stock" but item will not fit in stock location so item is physically placed in "bulk" location - so in Oracle I would do a sub-inventory transfer from stock to bulk to
  more... show the correct location where item was actually placed). By this time more folders have been booked and are delivered back to me from the RMA customer service rep's for processing.

The best supervisor that I have ever had in my entire life. This person would always give freely of his time and knowledge to help solve a problem or teach me something new.

Co-workers that were good, intelligent, hard working and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job...well nothing really comes to mind. Every so often when a problem or an issue was at hand I could always find someone that could come up with a solution. Everyone worked well together at Mercury and was willing to help each other out with any problem. I guess then that the hard part was in the beginning - finding out which associates had the knowledge to solve a problem. But someone would always point you in the right direction to find the expert advice.
Pros
Three weeks vacation to start, Unlimited sick days
Cons
Most of the revenue was derived from sale of defense equipment, All the eggs were placed in one basket. That is why you are now reading my review.
A good company to work for.
Mechanical Designer/Documentation (Current Employee) –  Ewing, NJMarch 20, 2014
My direct manager is a great guy. I really like the people that I work with. Most are more than happy and willing to assist you in any way they can. I was a contractor for this company and did not have benefits, but their benefit package for employees is top-notch.
Exciting and challenging work. Bright people.
Principal System Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAJanuary 31, 2014
Mercury systems provided great opportunities to work on cutting edge technologies while constantly challenging the work force to multi-task and adapt.
great place to work, co-workers are great people
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHSeptember 9, 2013
Worked in fast paced environment, with high expectations...to meet shipment schedules.