Mercy College Employee Reviews

This college is so unorganized!
FRONT DESK ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Yorktown Heights, NYMarch 18, 2019
Management has to find things for you to do and there is so much to be done but the management doesn't know or care how to delegate effectively. Its like working for retail and folding shirts constantly. Not worth the time.
Pros
Down time, Friendly Co workers
Cons
No security, Doing jobs not in your job description
not paid well enough
PACT Counselor, PACT (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 14, 2019
This institution doesn't pay well for those who hold masters degree. They pay you based on the level of the position, which is a shame for those who hold higher than a bachelors degree, which is the bare minimum.
Huge turnover rates
Admissions Recruiter - Internal (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Although there are many great employees and a semi-relaxing atmosphere; campuses work independently instead of collaboratively. There is a lot of hostility from the main campus and the bully the other campuses to do whatever they want. There is no recognition from higher ups when it comes to hard work, no bonuses, no trophies, no employee of the month; rather only some notice from your assigned campus and that is all. No real room to move up unless you know the right elbows to polish. There are no annual bonuses for recruiters, only for the directors even though the recruiters are the ones on the road, using their gas and personal vehicles.
Pros
Free food from events, tuition remission
Cons
No bonuses, no growth, lots of local travel
Neglectful of highly skilled adjunct faculty
Adjunct Faculty, English Department (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry campus and Bronx campusAugust 6, 2018
Department management is not terribly supportive or appreciative of adjuncts.
Adjuncts haven't gotten raises in years (not the eight years that I've been there and not in about 20 according to colleagues).

Seriously underpaid.
Pros
Students are great and teaching them is very rewarding.
Cons
The pay scale is unrealistically low.
Never go to Mercy
Student (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 30, 2018
Most of the jobs offered are only part time and way underpaid. I am a student at Mercy and it has been an awful experience. It's financially cheap and I got my degree with a good gpa and an internship. Horrible teachers, advisers, and dorms.
Pros
Got a degree
Cons
Horrible teachers, advisers, and dorms.
great job to work
Adjunct Professor, School of Education (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 27, 2018
this is a great place to work and grow as a n educator. You will receive good support from the administration. I highly recommend this place as a possible job.
fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2018
it was an easy job. it wasn't overwhelming or stressful. I had enough time for myself and I was able to get my work done for school during the job. they are very friendly.
The most enjoyable part of the day
PACT Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 23, 2018
Getting to build relationships with the students and helping them throughout their time college. As someone that has been around for quite sometime, it is easy to see the improvements.
Supportive Managers & Co-workers
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 26, 2018
Supportive managers and co-workers. Enjoy working with the students; especially, first generation college students. Each campus seems to have its own personality...
ok
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
it was ok i worked as a cashier. I was in charge of dealing with the customers in a timely fashion and getting them checked out . also making sure the floor was set before we opened
Provides a focus of health care higher education.
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 25, 2018
A student-centered higher education institution that offers certificate programs, associate degrees, bachelor degrees, and masters degrees. The best part of the job is helping students succeed and grow.
Success of the students.
Assistant Professor, CLS (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 18, 2018
The main focus at Mercy College is to defeat demography. Students are given great didactic experiences. In addition, a holistic approach is used to ensure that graduates are well-rounded socially, culturally, and academically.
Pros
Education, Work Internships, Community Involvement.
Cons
Professor put in many hours to meet the needs of the students.
Good coworkers make a place
Counselor, Systems Management Office (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 29, 2018
I took a full time job after working a contract because I needed a steady paycheck and insurance. That was what I got. The paycheck isn't enough to live off of in the area, never mind if you decided you wanted to go for a degree. Benefits are pretty standard. My coworkers make going in the morning worth it. Management gets very stuck in their ways, numerous survey responses indicating a needed or helpful change ignored. President Hall is a sweet man but all these policy/procedural changes move slower than cold molasses and don't make it easier to do our jobs. Most changes in the last few years just make campus prettier for students/parents/alumni.

TLDR: usual higher ed nonsense, but it's a paycheck and coworkers are pretty good.
Great
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 26, 2018
Good place to work at when the grant was up and running. The people were very helpful and were understanding of school schedule. The schedule was worked around yours.
Mercy College
Secretary to Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 19, 2018
Great school to wor at wonderful enviorment. I learned how to set up meetings, order supplies take messages.They are very friendly and helpful. My most enjoyable part of the day way meeting new people.
Enjoy working in higher ed
College (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 6, 2018
Enjoy working in higher education. Nice work setting, collegial atmosphere. Excellent commute from metro NY; great work life balance. Great walking trails .
Great for Career-changes
Sr. Marketing Campaign Manager (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 28, 2018
Although Mercy gives opportunities to unexperienced professionals, the culture does not foster growth. Leadership is clueless and poorly trained. The culture is horrible.
Very Productive Environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, NYApril 24, 2018
Assisted Staff and patients with any issues or concerns. Overall , although I was employed as a student worker the environment and over all experience was very rewarding and I would recommend Mercy College for employment.
Pros
Wonderful work environment, excellent staff
Mercy College- Great Atmosphere, Low Salaries
PACT Counselor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 17, 2018
The job culture is great at Mercy College and you get a lot of support from management, but living in NY I have to work full time at Mercy and hold down two more part time jobs just to make ends meet.
Not your regular office job
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMarch 27, 2018
The role was more sales driven then it was academic, the goal was to get more students enrolled at Mercy College. We had goals that we had to meet, there was certain amount of students we were supposed to call each day and have them go through the admissions process. we also had to keep track of students who started enrolling but never finished. In all this job was very high paced but if gave me the clerical experience that I needed to further my career.
Pros
Good Food, Great place to get experience.
Cons
short breaks, bad music