Mercy Health Services Employee Reviews

NO for Hepatology Clinic at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2019
Do not work at the liver clinic/Hepatology department at Mercy Hospital in Baltimore, MD.
The two Hepatology doctors are narcissistic, psychopath, and enjoy flexing their power over others. They are extremely bad and mean in a way that you get serious headache daily. These unhappy doctors shout at you daily. They are deluded, and think they are fighting some kind of war. They are psychologically intimidate you at work. Mercy Hospital consider them royal doctors, so they are immune and get away with everything they do. NPs and PAs come to this department, and leave in few to several months.
You have to do all the work, your work and their work otherwise you will be labeled as something that they will come up with and everyone believes it. How in the world Mercy allows such treatment with staff. They are pretty much harassing. With all these attacks from them, and at the same time you are dealing to fix someone's life and these poor patients are depending on us.
Pros
What is the point. I left
Cons
They are mobbing you.
Internship
Counseling Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 12, 2018
The day would start off with morning announcements and what group the clients would be participating in for the day, Lunch, Wrap up of the day. One on One if needed by clients.
Pros
Free Lunches, Interacting with Clients
Cons
Employment Issues
Worked through a temp agency - Ajillon
Account Coordinator I- Correspondence/Pymt Posting (Former Employee) –  In Chesterfield , MissouriSeptember 23, 2018
We did have training classes before we started. Liked the job. Needed to give more training classes. I liked the people that i worked with and for.
Pros
Liked the job, liked the people i worked with.
Cons
Contract job - wasn't there long.
This workplace is exactly what you make it!!!
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2018
I went to a job fair one weekend for a Enviornmental Service position. (EVS)
The HR dept called back very quickly. I went through the paperwork and physical process and after that i had to wait over a month before I started working. On top of that, I didnt get orientation until about 2 almost 3 weeks after i started!!! Thus department staff definitely get treated the lowest of low. They think we are MAIDS instead of HOUSEKEEPERS. I've also learned that if you want your private business to stay private steer clear of management/supervisors! They will go right to the floors and tell your business to their "favorite picks". I know every job has their drama but this one take the cake for me. Hopefully after I finish up PCT Training, another department might not be so bad. They pay is decent and benefits are ok. Dont think your gonna get much of a tuition reimbursement; thy dont even give half of a semester. 😡😱
Pros
Pay, benifits, room for advancement
Cons
Terrible unorganized management, Too much drama
Great healthcare experience
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 12, 2018
Small hospital work experience that grew from a local to regional presence in multiple specialty areas. Despite growing pains, Mercy was well run and contained some innovative operations leaders.
Jobs with this employer can be good one moment and terrible the next.
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJune 18, 2018
Potential to work and meet new people who are in need of help and healthcare, and to work with people who are skilled and good workers. I learned to be as efficient as possible and utilize new resources. The environment was not as secure as a smaller company (have to factor in upper management of corporation and hierarchy-positions are eliminated and departments downsized). It is difficult to reflect as team persona when one feels threatened that they're job may be gone. Though it is very gratifying to know that you've helped someone through a health crisis or time of need.
Pros
Benefits are typically comparable to many large corporation, It is enjoyable to work with like minded people who want to help others.
Cons
Frequently stressful and with low job security.
Great place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 24, 2018
I loved working with my work family at Mercy. We always worked together as a team and it was a very positive work place. I loved the work environment, I loved the clinic and love my patients.
gym
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2018
the new supervisor was the type of person who treated her staff as "friends", if you were not one of them, more work was given to you, with less help from your co workers. In my 6 1/2 years I have had 3 supervisors and they all treated the staff as hospital employees, not "friends"
It's not what you think
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 28, 2018
Mercy is not the place to be. The culture of the United States has changed but upper management has not. They pretend that they love all people and want to see people succeed but that is not the truth. Most of the management, in higher positions, are grandfathered in and don't have a clue. They are only concerned about getting their offspring in with a better salary than everyone else and don't know what their doing. Upper management needs diversity training and to get off their pedestals and think they are right when they are wrong! Stay away! Far away! There are other hospitals where you can grow professionally.
Pros
Benefits and a occasional free lunch
Cons
Management is not for everyone and need to realize it is 2018.
Low pay for area and stressful
IT Support (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 24, 2018
They pay low compared to other local hospitals. Lifers drink the Mercy Juice and stay forever making less.

The health insurance is a joke, including vision.

Management from the top down tries to please everyone sacrificing common sense and employee satisfaction, with out knowing how it effects others outside of clinical employees

Basically if you're not a nurse or physician you don't matter, your opinion does'nt matter and you know nothing.
Pros
Does not micro manage. Has great christian values. People that work here are awesome
Cons
Treated like your incompetent unless you're a nurse or physician. Leadership cant make decisions.
stay away from hepatology clinic at Mercy.
NP (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 8, 2018
STAY AWAY FROM HEPATOLOGY DEPARTMENT AT MERCY-BALTIMORE. In the first week it starts off ok until management shows their true colors and show they could care less about the employee. The two hepatologits don't respect you, they yell at you, and if you speak up! they bite you and they turn you down. They have power at Mercy and they lie. They are not willing to teach. They make you inferior, and so little. But remember no one can make you inferior.
They make mid-level providers over work, leave late every day around 8 pm. There are other duties that you have to perform beside seeing patient as out-patients and inpatient. These duties you wont know and they don't tell you during the interview. you wont get interview by hepatologist mid-level because they want to hide all the facts. They make you see many patients, cleaning your own inbox ( lab results, telephone calls, staff messages ), and cleaning the attending (hepatologist) inbasket that contain 100s messages, telephone calls and lab results, paper-works, you will be constantly working with no break, no appreciation.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
not healthy environment.
Depends on what type of person you are
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 30, 2018
Management will micromanage you and not be fair to everyone. There’s a draft so if someone calls out or they don’t have enough people to fill the next shift you can be drafted to stay the whole 8 hours(which happens pretty often). You’re gonna have to do with the ignorance of the people in the ER most likely cause if you’re new that’s where they will put you everyday and it will stress you out. Much more problems but you’ll find out once you get there. It’s good money but there’s a reason why everyone wants to leave. I guess it depends on what department you work in but in Security everyone is stressed out and wants to leave.
Pros
Pay, benefits, location
Cons
Poor management, stressful, forced overtime
Management left a lot to be desired
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lutherville, MDMarch 25, 2018
My experience was a train wreck, from racial bias to harassment nevertheless while asking around my situation wasn't isolated... the place is toxic riddled with bad apples and thier offspring
Pros
Pay was ok... benefits were good
Cons
Managers with no management skills... short staffed regularly
Retalatory management
RN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2018
Fast paced and exciting if you are a management favorite. The union tries to intervene, but management goes against the collective bargaining agreement continuously.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Nurse managers
Quick paced but fair
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 3, 2018
The staff is always compassionate, residents are very sweet and are easy to talk to. I found myself having to keep up with the elderly. Supervisor was honest yet fair.
Would rate lower if I could.
Linen service technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2017
STAY AWAY FROM LAUNDRY You will be overworked and lied to constantly Heed my words. In the beginning it starts off ok until management shows their true colors and show they could care less about the employee.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks, days off, horrible management
Horrible
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 10, 2017
Don’t work here... Look at the google reviews ...Sneaky staff they don’t really want to help you ... Everyone has an Attitude... they’ll talk about you when you leave the room ..
Unfit Managment but enjoyable work culture
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore 21202November 2, 2017
As a former employee, I really enjoyed working at Mercy. My coworkers helped one another keep sane and had alot of great times together.

Many great people throughout Mercy who are passionate about their careers and it comes through the care of their patients.

There was a lot of "who you know" favortism, highly judgmental supervisor who was unable to maintain confidentiality of employees private lives and professional performance.

Human Resources is quick to cover Upper Management and Supervisors.
Great atmosphere.
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 13, 2017
I loved working there and if i had the ability to stay in Michigan at the time I would have never left and now my military obligations are now no longer an issue but unfortunately I may have ruined my chances to work with the best company I have ever experienced.
Pros
Cons
Don’t work there now
if you want a day off or personal life do not applie
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 23, 2017
I recently started here about a month ago since a typical work day is bunch of under staffed post assignments followed by a dysfunctional supervisor staff one supervisor tells you one thing then turn around and your told other wise.. Also due to almost all the supervisors leaving and staff quitting they draft people to stay any where between for to 8 hrs past there shift end time and there is nothing that can be done about it. I started my day not being on the draft and magically I was told hours later near the end of my shift that I would have to stay after already staying over Monday night again with notice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.