Mercy Health System Employee Reviews

Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 11, 2019
The work environment was stressful their. No Team work and management made it more stressful.. Good pay poor work environment. They need to have their staff take a diversity training class, and communications class.
Pros
Good Pay
Fun people to work with
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 23, 2019
I worked at my own pace basically while attending to my duties. The customers came at regular intervals so with healthy time management all of my tasks could be accomplished.
It is a friendly environment with regular patrons both visitor & employees that visit the cafeteria. A little like home, a lot like family and days spent with people that truly care about the well being of others.
Pros
Discounted food & homemade desserts!
Cons
Not very busy on holidays but you still need to be there
Fast paced
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mount Orab, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Overall a good place to work for & the benefits are good. Management seems disconnected from the work force. The seem to always be gone from the facilities and in meetings. It jus6 makes it difficult to accomplish task in a timely manner
Enjoyed my Mercy family!
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJanuary 14, 2019
It was a wonderful place to work, I would work there again. Mercy cared about there employees, I like how they were for the community and valued there employees.
patient accounts billing
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2019
was responsible for the outpatient billing to include skilled nursing under medicare.

billed and posted paymens for out patient services at hospital facility.

responsible for commerical, medicare and medicaid insurance.
Decent employer
RN (Current Employee) –  Guthrie, OKJanuary 6, 2019
Mmanagement has it's issues, but other than that is a decent place to work. Offers track scheduling with decent differentials, flexible with time off.
Great Company!!
Registered Nurse - MEDSURG (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJanuary 5, 2019
I worked at Mercy Hospital Independence Ks. I would have stayed with the company if the facility hadn't closed down. I really enjoyed the work I did there and hope to find a company like it to work for in the future.
Cool place to learn
CNA Student (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 13, 2018
Both the instructor and the employees at the hospital were kind to me and all the students. The class rarely had any issues with an employee or administrator.
I actuall really love this place
Epic Application Educator & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIDecember 12, 2018
I really love working here I really think it has good work life balance and the staff is friendly no matter what department you are working in. I really think it has helped me grow as a person
Great Work Environment
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Darby, PADecember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working for Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital Paramedics Unit. I worked at each of the seven different Fire Departments: Folcroft, Clifton Heights, Darby #1, Sharon Hill, Yeadon, Lansdowne, and Briarcliffe Ambulances
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, MODecember 6, 2018
I enjoyed working at Mercy and the only reason I left was to work closer to my home. The management is very involved with every aspect of patient care.
A great place to learn
Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
I can honestly say that this organization cares about it's patients. If your are young or just beginning in the healthcare industry, Mercy Health System is the perfect place for you. If you're willing to learn, you'll become a pretty good healthcare professional.
Productive and challenging
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53548November 18, 2018
Mercy Health Systems is a great place to work. Work at your own pace.There is room for advancement if you work hard and learn The work culture is average for a large company.
Pros
Great group of coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
horrible environment very unprofessional people
CMA (Former Employee) –  Secane, PANovember 15, 2018
you work your butt off 12 hour days and still not good enough and don't get appreciated for the good hard effort you put in everyday. A patient would come in as last 1 of the night for just a cold for example, and would spend almost 3 hrs in the room talking to the doctor and we would have to stay until doctor is done which is unfair because they obviously brought up other reasons why they are there and we are tired its almost 9pm and just want to go home to our families.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 10, 2018
Great manager assignments are great nurse to patients ratio excellent. Great resources from charge nurses. Benefits are great good locations problems resolved easilt
Pros
Great insurance
Cons
Short breaks
Mercy
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARNovember 9, 2018
Great place to begin career. Has its benefits and downfalls like any job with normal daily work stressors but usually evened out with great team of employees
Large company with many different opportunities for growth
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 22, 2018
Flexible schedule
Average compensation and benefits
Faith based
Compassionate leadership and coworkers
Collaborative environment
Support personal and professional growth through education opportunities to learn and develop skills
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Healthcare
Competitive salary. Good mileage reimbursement
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAOctober 10, 2018
Unappreciative of employees Not enough paid time off. Poor staff coverage. Long driving distances. However, staff always available to assist with arising issues
Pros
Competitive salary. Home office is an small environment
Cons
Management unappreciative of employees.
The acquisition diminished company culture
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAOctober 7, 2018
Prior to my employment, many of my cohorts thought of the company as a great place to work for, however after the acquisition many felt doubtful they would have a position. There were no committments as Mercy was no longer in control of decision making. I would have loved to stay but felt it was intimidating to see my position posted for a job I had been doing for some time.
Pros
Loved my coworkers
Cons
Need more transparency
Customer service in billing is stressfull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 5, 2018
One does not work in entry level positions in this company for more that 9 years very often no matter how many hours of extra schooling or certification is taken to offset it.