Mercy Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Nice company to work for
PBX Operator, Communications Dept (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2018
The Job is Awesome and as are the co workers as well. Dignity Health is a great place to work,.The staff and the Doctor's are dedicated to their patients.
Pros
free lunches
great company
Pediatric Trauma, Adult Neuro/Telemetry Nurse (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 13, 2018
flexible scheduling. decent benefits. tuition reimbursement. 12 hour or 8 hour shifts. takes care of its nurses. good management. decent retirement plan.
Pros
flexible shifts
Fun place to work...we all feel like family
Medical Assistant/Front Office (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 11, 2018
A typical day at work will start out with employees going into epic to work on the work list, then we will either room patients or answer phones and do paperwork, then break for lunch, and rotate jobs after lunch to mix the day up a little. The most enjoyable part of the job is how well we all get along and the hardest part of the job is that not all employees do equal shares of work.
Pros
Helping patients, enjoyable working atmosphere
Cons
Workload is not equally distributed, wages are not competitive for the amount of work done
It is a great place to work for
Laboratory Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 10, 2018
They are always thinking of ways to promote the mission that mercy is working towards, They never fail to tell co workers how good they are doing. It is a great company to work for.
okay place to work, just OK
Lead Medical Registrar (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2018
work day pretty ok, except were short staffed. learned a lot in my 10 years, management, seems like she doesn't know what she's doing at times, very cultured, no room for advancement, same position for 10 years after filling out over 16 applications
Pros
flexible with family
Cons
no advancement options
This company is great, but the Management is horrible, very frustrating to work for.
Histotechnician III (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2018
This company is a really great place to work, but the management is horrible. They don't do their job, and they won't let you do it for them. Our hands are tied.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Bad management
Great place to learn and grow
Intern (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 4, 2018
Its a great place to learn and grow within the company and apply ones skills in a professional manner all while helping serve patients and fellow coworkers/partners.
Fast paced but challenging. I was able to "promote" internally moving into an Administrative/Management position.
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 3, 2018
Best part of my job at Mercy were my coworkers. Most were people of strong character and integrity. Being a "Catholic" faith-based hospital, there was an emphasis on the importance of our Christian faith. In the beginning of my employment, the Sisters of Mercy were still making rounds in the hospital, praying with patients and on "Mercy Day" even had special 'blessing prayer' in departments. I do feel, at the latter part of my employment, more money was spent on building new campuses, buildings, & expanding the "business end" rather than improving employee working conditions &/or policies, etc. No employee who retired or relocated out of our dept was "replaced" and since Patient Care was our main goal, we had to assume extra work loads, making my job stressful and regretfully, less enjoyable. Hopefully things have improved as the economy has grown stronger.
Pros
Compared to other companies, healthcare was available & affordable. Also, I worked with medical personnel who were top in their field/specialty. It was a "team" effort.
Cons
Overworked, long hours due to budget cuts. Personnel who left, not replaced.
I would rather not say
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 2, 2018
The issues I had when working with Mercy Health cannot be summarized. However when you can hire someone off the streets for more than hiring internally. Mercy Health is not up to standard on pay for IT personnel, which is understandable considering they are health care.
Very fast pace. Enjoyed working with co workers
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 1, 2018
Mostly very fast pace. Management was offsite, which did cause issues. I did enjoy the type of work, calling insurance companies, and filing appeals.
The job and office help were very helpful.w
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 29, 2018
The overall job, is a job I would recommend to anyone who needs a decent job. The owner is Ms Rivera and she is in communication with her clients and workers. She's a very nice and understanding employer.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
Always get a lunch or dinner break.
New management gave me a chance to prove myself
Cashier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 28, 2018
This was the first time I worked at Mercy. I had a much better experience. We did not deal with patients directly so we became quite the little family. We obtained a new director who saw my potential and created a supervisor position for me. I learned a great deal.
Productive abd a fun place to work. Very laid back and easy going staff aling with Doctors and Nurses
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 27, 2018
Nice place to work. Very laid back job with alot of room for advancement. The patients was the best part of the job. The company actually cares a great deal about their employees.
Pros
Staff anf patients
Mercy
Lab Technician/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 27, 2018
Management is not very helpful in this facility. Working for Mercy is not great but, I love my job. The hours are wonderful but very short staffed. If more staffing was available and you can get PTO days off then would be better.
Mercy Health
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 27, 2018
Overall good company to work for, able to apply for other jobs within the company so you can get a large variety of different scene's and find what you like best.
Good pay, subpar benefits
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 26, 2018
Great coworkers. Management and staff do not seem to be on the same team. Employee moral needs to be improved by improving management strategies and approach.
Pros
Unionized
Cons
Understaffed
Mercy Health Partners
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 26, 2018
I work with a wonderful group of colleagues and enjoy working within the healthcare field. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with patients and striving to make a difference in their health/life. The hardest part is keeping a positive attitude when I feel that I am taken advantage of "overworked and underpaid". I still manage to wake up everyday, put a smile on my face and give it my all! The patients always come first!
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Short staffed in all departments.
Average
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHJune 24, 2018
An average work experience overall, has some room for improvement with schedule and overall environment. Could use more teamwork with management and employees
Good environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARJune 24, 2018
My first RN job was with Mercy. So my learning was abundant. I had wonderful preceptors that helped me to learn confidence in myself and my skills. Teamwork was great
Extern
Student (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 22, 2018
The staff at the main OR took me under their wing and taught me a ton of stuff. As a new student I have and am still learning so much from them. Everyone from the manager to the aides is helpful and opening. The doctors are top notch. I am very greatful for my time here and hope one day to be an employee of this outstanding OR
Pros
Can I say everything?
Cons
None in my book

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mercy Health.

Powered by Comparably