Mercy Health Employee Reviews

Disappointed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Springfield OHIODecember 8, 2018
Wouldn't hire because of an 11 year old misdemeanor charge. Disappointing. Yet, I am licensed in the filed for the job they're hiring for , makes no sense to me.
Buyer beware
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OH 43608December 5, 2018
Do your research on the job you would like to accept. Make sure that you will be making the amount you should be in your area. Fast paced and stressful. Some management play favorites. Can be frozen for up to 4 hours after your shift. Union available at St. Vincent's.
A great place to learn and grow in healthcare.
Lead Inpatient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 5, 2018
This was a great place to learn and grow in healthcare. I did not know just how much behind the scenes work went on to keeping a hospital going. This is a company you can start at the bottom with and grow.
Pros
Room to grow.
Cons
Health insurance is lacking.
Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHDecember 4, 2018
Long hours, Lots of on call. Able to learn some surgical skills. Inpatient and outpatient care
Not much input from administration or management, even when asked for help to improve areas
Pros
Learning surgical skills
Cons
Long hours, lots of on call
Very disorganized and limited options for growth in the coding department
Orthopedic coding specialist (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHDecember 4, 2018
The office environment was very cold and unfriendly. Coworkers were good people but unfortunately the manager and some team leads were unprofessional with poor communication skills. The company itself was good but there was disorganization within the Coding department. We were told we would be working from home and after 3 months of being lead on I decided to terminate my position.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Training, management, pay, flexibility
good work place
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MODecember 2, 2018
i liked my job i just had to leave cause client passed away and they didn't have anymore clients at the time. It was a good environment but not enough clients to keep the workers employed. But great employer. Will refer this job to someone else that's looking for part-time work. And the business is private owned by family, so they try to work with you on some accusations
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Depending on who you work with could make or break your day
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 30, 2018
The Job itself was easy to do once you had your routine down. Do to the high turnover rate of employees however there was a chance to work more which is nice for the first few weeks but not for a long career job.
Pros
Payroll lunch
Cons
poor management
Productive and very peaceful environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2018
Working for this company has been an honor. I've learned a lot from my coworkers and visitors daily. The salary is okay as well, and they consider your previous work history.
Poor management
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MINovember 27, 2018
Overall not a great place to work. Doctors were fine, but the management was horrible! Treated employees like the had no voice, no intelligence. Expected us to do the work of more than one CMA and with little to no gratitude.
Cons
Short breaks if any, horrible management
I only worked only day a week and that was enough
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 20, 2018
My manager was inconsistent and played favorites. Machines would regulatory break down and we were expected to run as if we had a fully running department and not have time lapses even thought only half of our equipment was working.
My co workers were great, my manager was unrealistic.
Long term nurses are awesome full of knowledge and are a joy to work with me however management and the division and disconnection are the problem
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 20, 2018
All about running a business not understanding that’s you have to care for the caregivers demonstrate support and treat them with fairness and kindness by demonstrating your appreciation for all of their hard work and dedication. And stop working them short. However because of the awesome nurses and pca’s is What made the job feasible because we knew how to run the floor keep our patients safe and work together as a team and a family !!
Pros
Team work amongst one another despite managements scrutiny
Cons
Under staff over worked not fair to employees treat them poorly
Run to another hospital
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHNovember 19, 2018
Watch your back. Smile in your face but will throw you under the bus. Upper management don't even have a MT degree. Director had MLT degree. Lol. Better places to work and other places pay more and give respect. They will have high high standards without training you. I was expected to know and excel in what they didn't even know. Go figure. Glad I'm gone. Now make almost $30/hr without the cut throats...sliccceee!
Pros
A job
Cons
Management, poor culture, minorities have to be superman
Peers are great, but management is poor
Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 18, 2018
I really enjoy working with my co-workers, but management does not provide support to their employees and care more about looking good than actually helping their team succeed. Management should be removing barriers, but I find that they actually create barriers. They don't have realistic expectations for deadlines, and there is an underlying pressure to work 50+ hours a week. I don't feel valued as an employee, and the benefits aren't that great either.
Pros
Working from home, great peers, flexible working hours
Cons
Poor management, mediocre benefits, lack of work/life balance.
It is a nice place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45211November 15, 2018
I enjoy working at mercy, i left because of my school schedule. I really enjoy working for the company, they used to have a great benefits until when the market crashed.
Pros
I missed my co-workers
Cons
Great place to work if good pay and little stress are the only factors.
Sr. Data Analyst/Data Modeler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2018
Fantastic place to work in terms of hours and expectations, wages and benefits, etc. At the Home Office, where I work, there is little interpersonal development beyond workplace chit chat, and after being here for a year and a half, it is still not readily apparent (to me anyway) how the company approaches career advancement with employees or if there will be potentially opportunities at any point.
Pros
Unbelievable pay and benefits
Cons
Poor communication from leadership, very segmented horizontally and vertically
Stressful, lack of management support
Office Insurance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 14, 2018
My manager worked off site from me and was often unavailable for help and support. I worked many 8 hr plus days with only a 15 minute lunch break or less, often eating at my desk.
Nice place to work
Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) (Former Employee) –  Grayling, MINovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Mercy. It was a small hospital with 3 operating rooms. Great co-workers and staff. Good cafeteria food and a nice town to work in. Staff seemed to care about each other.
It's both positive and negative
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHNovember 11, 2018
Been here nearly 2 years. If I worked on any other team, I'd probably have quit ages ago. The company itself used to care. The merge with ensemble seemed to put an end to truly caring about the patient. Fast forward a year later, it's less caring and now more about the numbers. High expectations on productivity, training still not where it needs to be to make each person more successful. Asking for assistance from your management team, maybe you'll get an answer, maybe you won't.
Pros
compressed or flex schedule options, benefits are decent, your co-workers are extremely friendly
Cons
High productivity expectations, little growth opportunities
A Typical Day on the Orthopedic Floor
Patient Care Assistant and RN Internship (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 8, 2018
You will lift A LOT of people. So WORK OUT! 12 hour shifts are terrible but the co workers make it tolerable. You will deal with many types of people, cultures, and personalities. Best to have a solid heart and thick skin because it is inevitable that you will get some very cruel patients.

Great HIPPA and EPIC training/practice if you plan to become an RN, MD or other health care worker.

If you ever are not sure of something just ask!
Pros
Work Environment, Coworkers, Cleanliness
Cons
Long hours, Low pay for amount of work, Stressful and fast paced
Do not work here
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 2, 2018
Horrible company that hides behind religion while they treat employees like slaves. They give you a ton of work to do, but not enough time to complete them so you always feel behind. They are snakes, watch out.
Cons
The whole company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight