Mercy Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,212 reviews matching the search See all 1,225 reviews
Great Management
PRN capacity (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 17, 2018
Great management you can trust. People aren't gossipy and the culture is positive. The doctors are personable and friendly. They will help you with learning new things and making aure your images are the best possible.
Pros
Wonderful management
horrible place to work
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2018
The management there is horrible depending on what floor that you work on. I worked on a floor where the manager was very nasty to her employees and did not treat her employees fairly, she had her favorites, if she didn't like you then she didn't like you. Also literally every nurse on my floor were complete jerks and stuck up. They acted like you were stupid and they were better than you.
Fun and very family like work environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 15, 2018
Most enjoyable thing about my job is watching the progress of the PT coming in not being able to carry on a conversation to being able to talk to them for hours
Pros
Can use your badge at the cafeteria to pay and it comes right out of your check
Mercy
RRT (Current Employee) –  St. Louis MoJuly 14, 2018
The most enjoyable part was the staff working on Nights. You learn a lot in the ER because it is a Level 1, but in the ICUs due to having fellows, the RTs are not able to suggest options often or be heard. Most of the time are overruled. The ICU is also stuck on using mostly one type of ventilator settings for every patient.

The upper management does not have your back, especially when it comes to pay compensation.
Cons
Horrible lunch choices for Nightshift, no competitve pay, insurance, no cost of living raises
Productive/ great learning hospital
Clinical "Student Internship" (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2018
Great hospital for clinical training very knowledgeable for students to learn the proper training and on job preparation. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The doctors were great to scrub in with. There were only a few doctors that were always crabby.
Pros
Great learning hospital
Cons
long shifts
Bad Manager
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 11, 2018
The Care Manager supervisor was biased, extremely critical and chose favorites. As a social worker, she was not a nice individual let alone a boss. Would not recommend anyone to work under her, very unethical.
A great place to work at.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEJuly 11, 2018
I loved working at this job there were a lot of friendly people with very nice personalities. This was a true dream job that i was very proud to have.
great business
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 9, 2018
I loved working at mercy it was a very friendly enviorment , they love their patients and work towards their mission everyday. Making sure that the staff and workers are acknowledged and appreciated.
reviews
Registered Nurse Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJuly 5, 2018
Its okay. i dont really have anything neg or positive to say about mercy but this wouldnt let me submit without typing something. i am just typing to meet the requirements
A wonderful place to work
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 5, 2018
I Really enjoy working at Mercy Hospital, thinking about going back with them in a couple of months.... What i Loved Most was Meeting all the Patients,and knowing that i might have made a difference in their life, just by a Good Morning, a little conversation and gentle smile and saying hope you get better Soon
Pros
cleaniness, friendlyness, teamwork
Cons
There really isn't any Cons
Recently changed management.
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 4, 2018
Current management not very knowledgably about running a hospital . Went from about 70 employees to 35. I do not feel my job is secure. Really like the other employees I work with. I am ok with changes. This company has been there about 9 or 10 months and it's not getting any smoother.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very stressful.
helped motivate me to get into management
Cook, Safety Committee, Cleaning Committee (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAJuly 4, 2018
prepared meals for patients, staff and all executive dinners. was on the cleaning and safety committee. Prior to becoming full time I trained in every job in the Kitchen.
See below
ICU Cardiac/Neuro RN (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2018
I have very much enjoyed working at Mercy Hospital and would love to stay in the company as a future FNP in pediatrics. I have always been happy with the job, the employers/managers, and the flexibility the job offers.
Pros
very flexible and able to work wtih busy schedules
Cons
n/a
Helping people
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 2, 2018
A day spent helping people deal with fear. Most visitors, patients, and employees are decent humans.Administration truly had the employees welfare in mind for all their decisions. Great people to work with. The hardest part was dealing with micromanaging supervisors. Making friends with the crew in ER.
Pros
Great crews
Cons
Micromanaging
Very productive and Supportive workplace!!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
Mercy has been very supportive with education and leadership development. Management encourages and supports staff for further development. Tuition reimbursement packages are great!! Flexibility with self scheduling is a good resource for balance of family/work life!! The culture is family oriented. Wonderful workplace!!!
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, educational and professional development
Cons
No excused, no fault abscences, all are counted:(
Behavioral Health med psych, RN's forget them
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 2, 2018
Only on the behavioral health unit of med psych on the 5th floor of the main hospital there the RN's give no consideration to techs for B.R. breaks and meal breaks. When you request a time for a meal break one of the RN's takes it and you have to wait. All other behavioral health units, you can communicate directly and the RN's are helpful to techs. Not on Med Psych, hardly ever, they are selfish and indifferent to you.
Pros
pay and O.T. available
Cons
Some coworkers made the job lousy.
Stressful
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 29, 2018
It was a good job at first but later on they’ll take advantage of you and won’t appreciate anything you do! They favorite people and managerment is terrible there
It was a good place to work.
Lead Environmental Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 28, 2018
I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot throughout the years. Some of the management team was amazing while others had no business being in the position. I enjoyed my coworkers.
Pros
We usually had a good time.
Cons
Management some
Not the Best
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2018
It was not the best place to work. They blame problems on the lowest person there and don't follow through with what they have promised. They allow higher up employees to do things that are not ethical.
Interesting
Patient Information Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2018
While working at Mercy Hospital as a Volunteers, I was able to strengthen my communication skills. I loved the feeling I got when asking for assistance from visitors and also new patient and new staff member. Overall I enjoyed my work relationship with other volunteers, co-workers and HR.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Mercy Hospital.

Powered by Comparably