Mercy Housing

Mercy Housing Employee Reviews

United States249 reviews
Depending on the region, you will either love or hate your position. The regional for the southeast region was not professional and made the environment very toxic and unhealthy. The company is a great company however the VP should consider a change in management.
Pros
Pay is decent, you will gain tons of knowledge
Cons
Unprofessional Regional
● Work-life balance
We had a property manager secretary supervisor maintenance technician and me maintenance technician and we all work as a team to make sure everything got done in a timely manner like a well-oiled machine and I was there to help out wherever I was needed above and beyond my job

● Pay & benefits

I never had an issue with my paycheck there was always on time

● Job security and advancement

My personal opinion I work very hard at my job as a maintenance technician and I was doing a lot of the supervisor maintenance technician job I was not getting paid What he gets paid and wasn't recognized for going above and beyond

● Management

If you're not one of the top notch people you're not really recognized

● Culture

They didn't really want to spend the money to do necessary updates then expected you to have them done and stay in their budget

● Overall

I like my job and what I did and I did it to the best of my abilities but unfortunately your hard work is not really recognized and they don't appreciate the after-hours i spend to make my job a better place to work and a better Community for the residents
Management not on top of their game. They need to understand customer services . They are often wrong with billing. They tend to not remedy issues with residents ledgers.
Pros
The residents
Cons
The management
Mercy Housing is a wonderful company. My job is pretty simple and easy. Residents are very respectful. My peers are outstanding and always giving you encouraging words.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Overall upper Management is great very poor site management. Mercy housing is great to work with and for site management not so great. Upper management very supportive . Descent benefits .
Work environment was great with on site staff but once higher ups started to implement their concept of the job it didn't go well. Higher ups had no basic knowledge of the population we worked with and their expectations were unrealistic.
This is an organization with a great heart. Things are not always run perfectly. There is some disconnect between the central office in Denver and satellite offices, but overall a good place to work.
I was continuous bullied my another manager that was training me. I had to reach out to corporate for assistants . My regional & District pretty much told me to suck it up and deal with it. Its the way she is and her 'personality . I finally asked to be trained at another property in Denver area and they did sent me out because I was told I was voicing my concern to much. The property I was sent to train with was great the manager there was amazing and took the time to train me. I left feeling better about my job. Upon arrival back to my property it started all over the other local community property manager started all over again bulling me telling what to do and threatening me. I complained again and I was terminated with severance pay and gave me 2 weeks to move from the property. They allow other employees to bully other employees and get away with it...DO NOT COMPLAIN or you are the one get terminated. I loved my property and the residents.
While working for Mercy Housing through L.E.N institute I had to be very professional and take initiative when any issue occurred while at the desk without the property manager being onsite. I was able to learn how to make the best decisions on my own and how to interact with a diverse group of residents and guests. I would reccommend working for this company.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Mercy Housing?
I worked as supervisor for 8month.My experience with mercy was not good.i got fired for text a resident on emergency phone .then spread lies saying i had relations with residents..wen head manager kevin is known for harrassing vendors...look that up😉
Pros
U get go home after stressful micro viewed job
Cons
U can find better if your minority
Incompetent management from top to bottom. Blatant disregard for residents, employees and properties. Fiscally irresponsible and wasteful is the normal. Shocking how management speaks to and treats residents, employees and vendors. Extreme political views pushed throughout the organization by top management. Stakeholders, investors beware!
Mercy tries to get the most for their money if you can do the work
of 3 people that's what they want. They don't like to spend money you are on a very tight budget. If the ac goes out in the summer and its not budgeted, you don't get it.. Period Red tape there is always something that's stops progress. RED TAPE
Pros
pto days acumulate quickly
Cons
overworked, on call after hours always happens.
As an assistant manager with mercy housing I worked with a formally homeless community, I learned a lot of patience, compassion, and accountability. The residents gave me a strong foundation on how to work through difficult situations, humbling oneself, being considerate and staying strong and focused in all situations. The staff gave me the skills of working as a team member taking on the responsibilities that are sometimes not your own. I learned what it means to be a part of a great community and sharing in all aspects of our community to help build, manage and grow in a world where it's better to receive a hand up instead of a handout.
Employees often get stuck with sedentary working conditions and tends to question career path. Growth is stalemated and employee caseload is very high. Employee benefits are good and working locations are convenient. Chain of command is rarely supposed by upper management.
You would think a not for profit company that states its religious would be the best place to work cause they only care about the down trodden resident. Wong! You only focus on what will get you a "major find" on the federal REAC inspection. Everything else is out of budget. Need a new door? Out of budget, patch it..etc.
Oh. And you'll love the manager. A real sweetheart. Did I mention your the landscaper, cleaner, trad guy and maintenance guy? Good luck!
Terrible company and poor senior management. The ADO’s are unprofessional and biased. The company under compensates employees. HR is discriminatory and retaliative.
I had a large variation of job duties. I truly enjoyed working with residents to obtain their personal goals and make them smile by allowing them time for pleasurable activities as well as serious activities meant to improve life skills.
Fast paced environment. Be ready to take work home to not fall behind. Ask a lot questions and don't be afraid to not know the answer. Enjoyed working with the community.
Cons
Loved my seniors to death. Built relationships over the past year, while impacting the program. Supervisor was mentally & physically absent. He did not respond to emails, texts, or calls because he was always on PTO. Was told I was Temp to hire during interview, and he posted the job without my knowledge. I found out, applied, and expressed my interest to him. Was willing to accept lower pay and title. Btw...I never met him in 11 months. Never received money to run program the entire year. Got a call 1/17, telling me my last day is 1/27. Called his boss to express my concern and fight for my job. Get a message 10 minutes later, telling me to pack my bags and vacate premises. Supervisor lacks social and leadership skills. Upper management only cares about money and couldn't care less about the staff. Property manager and assistant manager are overworked and underpaid, but still manage to keep the property clean and welcoming. There were 4 RSCs before me that quit this property because of the supervisor. High turnover at other locations as well. Stay away from this company.
During my time as a desk clerk in this company all I do I sit for eight hours having to hear creak heads all and complain about nothing. The manager is never around and the pay is not enough.