Mercy Medical Center Employee Reviews

This company does not care about their workers.
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 12, 2018
This company does not care about their workers. Never was able to get any time off and if you got hurt on the job they wanted you back on the job as soon as possible and did not care if you were better.
Loved it
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 12, 2018
I loved this job more than words can say. I also love the human body and what others considered "gross". Better be on time and be ready to work hard!
great place to work
Admissions Coordinator/Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 12, 2018
Mercy is a great place to work always friendly and very encouraging to staff and patients. Makes for a great environment room for growth. professional an courteous. Very aware of the nature of the business they are in.
Backstabbing environment
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Redding, CADecember 11, 2018
I agree with the previous comment; you get a great experience based on enormous workloads, but its hard to be accepted. Your fellow RTs dont want you to succeed, gossiping, workplace bullying.
PRN rehab
PRN Speech Therapist (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 4, 2018
Can't accurately rate d/t PRN status. Rehab team was well organized and worked well together. PRN rate for SLP new grad was fair compared to other organizations in the area.
Ok
ACCOUNTING ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 3, 2018
Mgt wasnt the best. great perks. had to pay for parking which sucked. great work life balance. nothing much else to say about working here other then that.
If you like to help people Hospitals are a good start
Management (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IADecember 3, 2018
I worked with a team that was second to none. If you don't have a great team to work with it will be next to impossible to achieve mission goals. There is a high turn around at the administration level beginning with the CEO, in less than 5 years there have been 3 CEO and 6 different V.P. They have been working hard to change the culture.
Pros
Colleagues
Manager
Director (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDNovember 14, 2018
Critical thinking of ambulatory services. Very difficult to recruit licensed staff. Large turnover. Transient population due to the "oil boom". Cold in the winter.
Pros
Income
Love working here!
Patient Access Rep III (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 8, 2018
I've been at Mercy now for 8 years and I really love this place. My bosses are amazing. I love my coworkers (most of the time). I admire Mercy's mission.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
no raise's
No room for advancement
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21202November 7, 2018
I worked for Mercy for 10 years and then was left in the wilderness via a layoff. The only benefit I can say i truly received from working here was tuition reimbursement. I constantly looked for other jobs that I very well qualified for but never got any feedback or interviews
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
No job advancements
Inpatient Dialysis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2018
Mercy always had excellent learning opportunities & several CEU meetings, if you could have time off to attend. Management was willing to work w/personal issues that effected the job.
Pros
Continuing education units provided & many free benefits
Cons
parking.
Great place work and grow
Courier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 5, 2018
awesome respect my manager as a courrior and boss wanted to do better everyday! Loved driving for Mercy! It was a great challenge! It felt I was making a Differance in a positive way. Great examples of proffsional people.
Pros
Opprotunity to grow and show what I can do!
Cons
Never knew what I'd be ask to do next.
Very busy atmosphere
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 4, 2018
My unit was very fast paced with a very quick turnover in patients.
Staff worked together to ensure that patient needs were met to the best of our abilities.
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
strict call off policies
Volunteer work
Receptionist Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WINovember 2, 2018
There volunteer work is good.They have many people that volunteer in many location throughout the hospital. I would answer telephone and send the telephone call to the right staff member.
Feedback
Progressive Care Unit, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Clinton, IAOctober 30, 2018
Fast paced with high acuity patient population. Often team work could have been more supportive of each other. Day time charge nurse was awesome! Evening charge nurse average for work support.
Never bored at my job. Fast paced. Enjoyable
Lead Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  301 St. Paul Pl. , Baltimore, MD 21202October 30, 2018
A busy environment with wonderful patients. Learned more each day about Lymphedema therapy. Instructed techs. and students on new projects to be done to ensure efficiency of the department. Had he opportunity to touch the lives of many sick patients. The hardest part of the job was to watch patients health decline.
Pros
Goldstar reward program
Cons
Parking
Hard work with no support
Medical-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAOctober 28, 2018
Employees are always hard working. Management was terrible. No support to staff. Long hours with minimal breaks due to no floor coverage. Never able to staff any CNAs due to unwillingness to pay. No lift team.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Horrible management
okay place to work
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 27, 2018
Very busy hospital to work at! On the go most of the time. Not very flexible with hours. Learn a lot as a new graduate. Pay is average for starting out.
I loved working at Mercy Medical Center
Nursing Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 25, 2018
I really enjoyed working at MMC ER in Baltimore, MD. I felt like we were family. We all helped each other. Being a part of the team was extremely rewarding for me. I was very sad to go - I left because my mother became ill and I needed to move to Miami to take care of her. I will always keep my experiences at MMC in my heart - I truly loved this job!
Pros
Caring and nurturing working environment / Great advancement opportunities
Cons
A little far from where I lived in Annapolis (but it was worth it)
bad experience
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 25, 2018
The director of the floor I worked on was a very negative person. She bullied me and recruited others to join. She did everything she could to push me out. The floor was chaotic at best and the environment was not conducive to any kind of good patient care. The EHR was difficult to navigate and took forever to chart on. There was minimal to no team work and patients were not taken care of well at all. It was by far the worst experience I've ever had working on the floor.
Pros
Large organization
Cons
my director

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about