Mercy Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the best place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 16, 2018
7M is a horrible floor to work on. Staffing is always minimal and when it is sufficient staff is removed to compensate for budget. Nursing Supervisor cares more for her budget than anything else. Maybe because she vacation soo much. Doesn’t care how staff feels. Supplies are always low. Floor is a dumping ground for any and everything. Staff are over worked and definitely under paid. There isn’t any teamwork amongst employees, they will let you sink before helping. PCC have their favorites that they will help first. Definitely not a long term job for anyone.
Nice People but not for you if you are super ambitious
Staff Nurse - Emergency Room (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJuly 12, 2018
Nice people mostly, religious feeling to the place. but a lot of hierarchy - like the same people make all the decisions, it's a smallish place so they need the ones that run it to be happy. Benefits are less than other places in the area like LIJs.... The nice thing about a small place is you can move around easily, like there is no union so you can switch floors easily and if your manager is nice there can be exceptions to help you out because the rules aren't set in stone. Good parking lot.
Pros
parking lot
Cons
benefits, compensation
Opportunities are endless
Lab Assistant / Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 10, 2018
There are several career opportunities for advancement in your career with Mercy Medical Center. You get the training and salary is well within the scope of the job.
Not a great place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2018
Very large turnover, poor management, poor collaboration, very stressful due to not having enough staff in place to care for patients on a daily basis.
Staff and management work well together.
Mother Baby (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 7, 2018
As a newer employee at the hospital, I have not heard anyone state reasons for not wanting to work there. The patients and the culture of the hospital is appreciative of what nursing does.
Cons
Travel is somewhat difficult.
good
Junior I (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 30, 2018
relaxed floor. important information was learned and we helped our patients with medication and bathing. discussed with patients importance of health and maintenance.
nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 30, 2018
I worked in a family's home. I didn't have much contact with the hospital unless we went for a doctors appointment for the child and that was typically done in iowa city.
Horrible environment in the lab
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 30, 2018
We need all new management. Nothing will improve until that happens. The bad apples really spoil it, and the workload is relentless. Don't apply there.
exciting work place
Environmental Aide (Current Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAJune 28, 2018
different everyday, different situations, great staff, at time the environment could be stressfull but our team was amazing so it made the job that much better as we worked well together to get things done
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 28, 2018
Mercy is a great place to work. Its full of excitement and there is always work to be done. Its fast paced and it will definitely keep you on your toes for your shift.
Pros
great hours
Cons
poor management
plenty of work bad managment
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Canton, OH 44708June 25, 2018
bad director of company Has no idea what she is doing. Place would be much better if she was gone. Pay was good but have not had a raise in 2 years. would like better education,
Easy day
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJune 21, 2018
Most days were by the book and the salary was decent. Only left because i messed up too many times, would recomend for entry level work for good pay and benefits
Fun place with amazing people
Escort (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 19, 2018
I absolutely love working at Mercy Medical Center because I get to meet new people every Wednesday and hear what happened to them. It is such an amazing environment because everyone is nice and friendly. I escort the patients out of the hospital to discharge them and have learned better communication skills since starting here.
Good Job
Emergency Department Technician (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 18, 2018
It has been a pleasure working at Mercy most days.I have thoroughly enjoyed working there. I have personally grown and matured as a person and a healthcare worker.
Pros
Good Compensation
Cons
Poor Management
busy, interesting, challenging plac
Assistant Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJune 13, 2018
I loved working at Mercy Medical, the work was very challenging, the interaction with professionals was very rewarding, I learned alot about instrumentation and OR procedures. The management was very supportive and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with doctors and other health care professioanls
Pros
free lunches, flexible time off
Cons
stressful days, traveling
Medical Records
Health Information Svc Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2018
Data enter patient information and contacted the doctor's and nurses when their patient information was incomplete.
weekly log on what work needed to be completed.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
time off was diffuclty to take off
Fast working enviroment
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2018
You get to interact with patients and assist them in their needs and at the end of the day your the one to see the smile in their face. Happy working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21202June 7, 2018
My experience with Mercy has been a very positive one. I enjoyed the work, the people I worked with and the clean environment. I started at Mercy 38 years ago and over those years advanced 5 times in my position, ending as an Administrative Assistant. There is incentive to advance in your career with tuition assistance.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Parking expenses
Friendly place to work
Clinic Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 7, 2018
They believe in what they do. They support career advancement. They exemplify their mission. Good leaders. Growing business with great strategic planning.
Great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2018
Great variety of patient populations. Medical and nursing staff are supportive and collaborative. Nursing staff is responsive to concerns and showed active carryover of recommendations.