Mercy Medical Center Employee Reviews

busy, interesting, challenging plac
Assistant Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYJune 13, 2018
I loved working at Mercy Medical, the work was very challenging, the interaction with professionals was very rewarding, I learned alot about instrumentation and OR procedures. The management was very supportive and the most enjoyable part of the job was working with doctors and other health care professioanls
Pros
free lunches, flexible time off
Cons
stressful days, traveling
Medical Records
Health Information Svc Tech (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 11, 2018
Data enter patient information and contacted the doctor's and nurses when their patient information was incomplete.
weekly log on what work needed to be completed.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
time off was diffuclty to take off
Fast working enviroment
Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 8, 2018
You get to interact with patients and assist them in their needs and at the end of the day your the one to see the smile in their face. Happy working environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD 21202June 7, 2018
My experience with Mercy has been a very positive one. I enjoyed the work, the people I worked with and the clean environment. I started at Mercy 38 years ago and over those years advanced 5 times in my position, ending as an Administrative Assistant. There is incentive to advance in your career with tuition assistance.
Pros
Tuition assistance
Cons
Parking expenses
Friendly place to work
Clinic Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 7, 2018
They believe in what they do. They support career advancement. They exemplify their mission. Good leaders. Growing business with great strategic planning.
Great learning experience
Speech-Language Pathologist - PRN (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 4, 2018
Great variety of patient populations. Medical and nursing staff are supportive and collaborative. Nursing staff is responsive to concerns and showed active carryover of recommendations.
Not the best, then or now
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 4, 2018
I worked here many years ago when I was young. It was the "best" hospital in town at the time. I did not feel valued as a telemetry tech. Also, I hear the reputation has went down hill.
benefits
Cons
reputation
challenging
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 3, 2018
Was very happy with the work I did here. It was very challenging but dealing with patients and caring for them is very fulfilling. Would recommend working here to others.
Growth
Cold Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 30, 2018
Great people to work for
You can grow in this company
Always wanted to be at work helping others it was a good p lace to work the people I have came across showed nothing but love
grant place to work
LABORATORY ASSITANT (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 30, 2018
Mercy Medical Center i love working there i lover the sis work in the
hospital my hours 4:00am were just to early for me to work i had to ride the bus every day at that time in Ohio no buses on the early
A good place to work
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 29, 2018
Mercy Medical Center fosters a culture of teamwork and support. The work environment and atmosphere is that of positivity, hard work, compassion and care for our patients. They offer competitive pay when compared to other surrounding hospitals.
Productive and Busy
Medical Assistant/Surgical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 22, 2018
Mercy Orthopedics is a very busy office, with lots to do/learn. They have great benefits and my coworkers are amazing to work with. Unfortunately there is not room for advancement, growth, or encouragement to do so.
Friendly Staff
L/D Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 18, 2018
Doctors and nurses worked well together. Physicians gave nurses a lot of autonomy regarding patient care. Physicians listened to their patients and to their nurses.
Pros
12 hours shifts
Cons
Low Pay
Great place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMay 16, 2018
Working at Mercy Medical Center in Oshkosh has helped me develop and improve my skills as a CNA. I enjoyed working with all of my co workers, we really worked well as a team.
A good atmosphere
Per Diem Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 16, 2018
I worked in a smaller unit of the hospital that was unfortunately closed recently. I cannot speak about working for the hospital in general. I did learn a lot in my time there.
The work wasn't to bad but the pay wasn't enough to live off of.
Sitter/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 14, 2018
The work was a little easy because I only had one patient at a time. The pay on the other hand wasn't enough to live off of and overtime wasn't available unless they needed you.
Float nurse for all of hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 14, 2018
I was a float nurse to all areas of hospital including ICU. Staff scheduling, payroll. Great culture, very friendly staff. Enjoyed my job very much and the patients
the most enjoyable part of the job
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 14, 2018
I meet people from all around the world and the mature generation have the best stories and jokes. People enjoy that we can give them quick service, and the ones that come in regularly feel like family.
benefits
Cons
lack of people that truely want to work hard.
High stress area with learning opportunities
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 12, 2018
The environment can be challenging to work in due to high stress area. Staff is supportive of each other for most part. Management encourages learning, however there is favoritism at times. EBP is encouraged and utilized. Most enjoyable part of job is helping patients and families at most vulnerable times in their lives.
productive fun workplace
Patient Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 11, 2018
Typical work days are loud busy fast paced hectic chaotic and enjoyable all at once. I've learned a lot working here. The hardest part of the job is my work hours.
Pros
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.