Mercy Medical Center Employee Reviews

Fast-paced & great people
Environmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORSeptember 21, 2018
Working at Mercy was a very fast paced, educational, fun place to work at. I learned a lot from many great people who work there in the short time I was employed. I was at the lowest position in the hospital, but my dream has always been to be a labor and deliver nurse in the birthing center at Mercy Medical Center. One day I will reach that dream (hopefully sooner than later).
Pros
Friendly people, fast-paced, educational, great management & so much more.
Cons
The manager I had at the time was not a very good role model to his staff
Ok place to work
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 19, 2018
I Would like to see improvements with pay and benefits. Feels like they are getting worse instead of better. Not a lot of room for advancement.
Staff
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDSeptember 18, 2018
Excellent co-workers. I made life long friends here. They are a wonderful group of people to work with. Always helpful and eager to assist each other working together as a group for one common goal.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Little low on the pay scale for my positions
Do not work here
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IASeptember 15, 2018
18 years worked here as a nurse. Horrible staffing and patient ratios. Management is always off in a meeting and never available. Awful place. Zero change for advancement.
MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Durango, COSeptember 13, 2018
The lab was a great group of people to work with. I worked from home but felt included as part of the group during meetings and through communication.
thyere okay
Md - Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 13, 2018
don't be late and they look down o you a lot b/c they're white don't tolerate that stuff. its some nice people but for the majority its white folks who think they're giving you a chance
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 12, 2018
Why should I have to post this to get my resume posted.

Mercy workplace culture is great. A typical day at work is full of learning if you like to learn.
Pros
Advancement if you are a nurse
Cons
If you are not a nurse advancement is very limited
Mercy Medical Center - Unorganzied, Mismanaged
Lead Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  Rockville Centre, NYSeptember 11, 2018
Working at Mercy Medical Center for almost 4 years I've learned a lot about the field I desire to work and presented an opportunity for me to grow. after just a year of working as a dietary aide I was promoted to a Lead dietary Aide. After working as a lead I felt certain instances I was set up for failure. Not having appropriate staffing, working through my break all to just get reprimanded for someone receiving cold food while working short staffed. I am looking for a better opportunity.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
managment
Learn a lot
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50314September 10, 2018
Try to learn as much as you can about the area and codes.
More importantly is the time between calls is slow but once you get a call its fast paced and adrenaline filled.
Amazing
DCC, Pt Access Rep, Sr Ofc Asst (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 8, 2018
Team players
Amazing benefits
Great collaboration
Amazing mission vision and values
Supporting management
Employee assistance programs
Great vacation packages
Many employee discounts
Great Place to Work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 7, 2018
Mercy Hospital was a great place to work. I had really great coworkers and staff that made the job so much easier. I would work here again in the future.
fast paced, competitive
RN (Registered Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Clinton, IASeptember 5, 2018
I feel that Mercy is very competitive which us not a bad thing it definitely keep you in your toes. I love my patients and providing them care. I feel they are very understanding when it comes to family life.
Pros
discount on food, scrubs
Cons
low census
Fast paced great company to work for!
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 4, 2018
Mercy is a fast paced place to work. I worked in a very busy ER having to multi-task many responsibilities. There are a lot of traumas and very sick patients I dealt with on a daily basis and it could be stressful and emotional at times. All my coworkers in my department and other departments were great to work with; I had a good rapport with everyone. Mercy is a top notch hospital for care and to work. They offer wonderful family benefits and paid time off based on how many hours you work. It was easy to accrue paid time off. We always had great charities and volunteering services. I would recommend Mercy Hospital to anyone that asked. It was a wonderful place of employment; probably the best job I've ever had and best company I've ever had the pleasure to work for.
Pros
patient care being able to show compassion to others, benefits, pto, learning experience
Cons
can be high stressed, traumas
After 20 years, I'm currently seeking employment elsewhere
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 4, 2018
Back in the day you had to be the best of the best to work Mercy Emergency Room, this is not true anymore. I don't trust my co workers, or think that the ER runs efficiently anymore.
management
Director of Nursing, WL ICU/Med-Surg Telemetry (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 4, 2018
A typical day would start with touching base with my staff and making sure if there were any questions or concerns that I would meet with them. I also had an open door policy with all staff members. I also would do daily rounds with patients and families and then share the experiences with the staff and ask for their help to improve ourselves for the floor.
Budget responsibility was also an important part of my job and meeting goals that were set by the hospital.
Safety was a priority and making sure that all staff were competent in their role by education and following protocols and policies.
My favorite part of my job was talking with patients, families, and employees to hear then positive but also to try to make us better, this was a challenge that I loved to try to improve on.
I joined the Mercy team due to this culture when I started and I felt for many years my growth and support took me to where I ended at Mercy.
I have many positive experiences at Mercy. My culture of caring was developed there and I cared for the employees also by always having an open mind to issues and needs of other departments.
I believe I was a transformational leader and want to continue to have that relayed in any job that I pursue.
As healthcare continues to struggle with good care but also cost containment, I feel that my biggest struggle was to do more with less and continue to make the staff feel supported and listened too.
Pros
Mercy family at West Lakes and the collaboration of our team
Cons
Extremely long hours and decreasing family life balance
accounts payable clerk
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 3, 2018
I learned how to process accounts payable checks. I learned how to operate a check signing machine. I loved working for the hospital it really taught me a lot about working in an office environment.
n/a
Registered Nurse - Cardiac Catheterization Lab (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 3, 2018
I have enjoyed working in various areas within the organization. I have complete trust in my coworkers, and have had many learning opportunities. There are many opportunities to learn and advance.
Long days.
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 2, 2018
A typical day at work started like any other with report and list of daily duties. My issues with Mercy were it's lack of compassion and lack of effort to keep employees. Employees are very expendable and are reminded of that. Management for some departments had favorites. The first department I worked for was great, minus no team work.
Pros
Helped poor employees
Cons
lack of managment
exciting place to work
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 1, 2018
It has been pleasing working at Mercy Hospital. the managers work with you as far as your work schedule. The manger has an open policy. Everyone has been friendly and helpful.
Pros
opertunity to advace
Cons
don't have any
I enjoyed my 8 year.
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed what I did there and the people I worked with.I loved the advancements I made there and the push my management also gave me to continue to excell and I did.
Pros
Good food
Cons
Gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about