Mercy Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Amazing place for new nurse
Clinical Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHMarch 21, 2018
I received 6 weeks of orientation with the option to continue if needed. The other nurses were excellent and willing to continue teaching which was vital for me as a new grad on a very fast paced floor seeing patients with new conditions and procedures every time I turned around. Leaving was a difficult choice but I did so as a new mom with an opportunity to stay home with my baby. Working there prepared me in ways I didn't even realize at the time. I've been a nurse almost 10 yrs now and looking back I see how priceless my time there was.
Pros
12hr shifts, excellent management, focus on education, great pay and benifits, opportunity for advancement, new ideas appreciated
fun place to work
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHFebruary 5, 2018
great co-workers. managemaent needs some work.. number of patients/ nurse ratio, is something they need to work on. patients are nit getting the care they deserve
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no free lunches cafeteria food is terrible.
Your average mid-sized hospital
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 19, 2018
The culture at Mercy Regional was pretty consistent with many other hospitals in the area. Your average shift consisted of many job responsibilities ranging from direct patient care to clerical duties. Managerial styles and expectations varied greatly from one to the next. The hourly pay rate and benefits seemed pretty good based upon the area Mercy was located. The initial probationary period is definitely an intense time frame in which you had better be confident and competent in your job skills.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Hospital policy inconsistencies, lack of uniform manager training
Very fast pace, Fun and learning environment
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OH 44052January 16, 2018
My typical day, I provided a safe healthy clean environment while assisting my patients, taking vital signs, answering phone and returning phone calls. I listened to my patients concerns and needs. I learned a lot on a day to day basis. I started off in a Primary Care office and experience specialty offices as well, which it was a great opportunity to learn and grow being it was my first experience as being a Medical Assistant. I enjoyed my job especially my patients and co workers.
management
Unit Coordinator/ Secretary (Former Employee) –  Oberlin, OHJanuary 14, 2018
poor directors , they let policy violations only apply to certain employees. Many m=never worked in medical field prior so no experience, just paper pushers, let good people sit and waste away
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lack of direct management
Floats are shown favoritism
Business Support II (Former Employee) –  Durango, CO 81301January 13, 2018
They prefer young inexperienced employees.
Human Resources is notorious for not even reviewing applications, advancement will only occur if you are part of the "circle".
No room for advancement
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJanuary 8, 2018
Would not recommend. Management is poor they make their own rules on a daily basis. The nurses treat the staff support badly. Coworkers are awesome. Lunch break not long enough
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Not enough hours to qualify for FMLA
Can you say unsafe staffing?
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 8, 2018
This hospital was almost understaffed and that put patient care in jeopardy. I started out as a new nurse and from the moment orientation was finished I was always working outside of a safe ratio.
See attached
RN, BC, Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LA 70586January 7, 2018
Good pay but poor management and supervisory skills. Poor professional manner in management especially night shift. Group click amongest employees and management.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor supervision and management
Great Place to work
Senior Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Durango, CODecember 18, 2017
MRMC was a great place to work. I worked there for 13 years and loved my job. The hardest part of my job was losing patients. I worked with great social workers, case managers and doctors.
Professional, caring staff.
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LADecember 13, 2017
Professional environment. The staff is friendly to work with. Everyone is organized and professional. The patients are treated by loving, caring nurses.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced work environment with amazing co-workers.
RN, BSN (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHDecember 4, 2017
Fast paced ER. Worked with some of the best nurses and physicians and PA/ NP's. Saw patients with minor complaints to those with life or limb threatening injuries or illnesses.
Personal and professional growth encouraged
Clinical Integration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 30, 2017
Mercy Health promotes personal growth, offering opportunities in different ways. Mercy also offers an excellent benefit package with numerous choices to individualize to your needs.
Very average as labs go but manager made arbitrary decisions
Medical Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 12, 2017
This laboratory was average as laboratories go, but the Manager made decisions very arbitrarily and did not care at all about his/her employees. It was difficult and sad as I would not have left if I had a manager that looked at employees perspectives at least to some degree.
Love my work family. But, we are at Mercy your not human beings
Certified Surgical Technologist II (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHNovember 5, 2017
We are there to get the job done. Turn over requirements are under 20 mins. No lunches until 1 or 2 pm most days. No breaks unless time a lots. When the work is done....get out! We don't pay you to have a cup of coffee at the end of the day. Productivity is KEY!!!!
Housekeeping
Housekeeping - Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 30, 2017
I really enjoyed my job. I had set hours for my days. I got to work in different parts of the hospital. Management wasn't always fair. The workplace culture was good. The hardest part of my job was when I was supervisor on the weekends and couldn't keep track of one of the other housekeepers at all time because they liked to hide and not complete their work.
Pros
great benefits, nice hours
Cons
management
Management?
Phlebotomist and Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 27, 2017
BAsically the way "management" was handled was the better they kissed butt, or the more fun they had with the higher ups outside of work, the more they got away with and the people under them? Well, good luck...
Mercy is a non profit organization.
EDD Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lorain, OHOctober 18, 2017
Mercy is an outstanding facility with great staff, I am currently working 8 hour days on day shift, totaling 30 hours a week. I am currently seeking new employment in hopes of joining an organization that works closely with consumers and possibly offers a work from home option.
Pros
close to home
Cons
safety
workplace
RN (Former Employee) –  Lorain County, OHOctober 9, 2017
fast paced, short staffed, poor management and lack of opportunity for advancements in career. Love for my career and patients but work environment and treatment of staff less then desirable.
Great job but poor training
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Durango, COOctober 4, 2017
I loved my job as Staff Accountant, but I didn't receive proper training. I was job sharing with another person, but they never delegated whole tasks to me, only the parts they didn't want to do. Management could have done a better job facilitating this but didn't. Overall a pretty good place to work.
Pros
Rewarding work
Cons
Poor training