Mercy Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJuly 1, 2018
A select few of the nurses in the emergency room are mean and spiteful and gossip incessantly . They are burnt out and need to change careers ASAP. They will run you ragged and then complain about you and then run you off the job. Duties include taking vitals, charting and cleaning rooms.
Pros
employees in different parts of the hospital are kind
Cons
Good managers
Can be a great place to work or a difficult place
Medical Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2018
Departments are disjointed. Getting things accomplished when depending on other departments is very difficult. Leadership is generally good, but not very receptive
I loved Mercy while I was there
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2018
So regretfully I had left Mercy a while ago but I will always remember how wonderful it was to work there. Great people, great management, and just a great place to work period!
Tools given to do your job.
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
A very good place to work and grow your skills as a beginner and to learn new ones as a seasoned worker. The management in the department are knowledgeable with all of the areas covered and supervise fairly.
Pros
As above
Cons
Schedules come out at the last minute.
Pay is ridiculous
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  OKJune 11, 2018
Pay scale and lack of advancement opportunities are horrible. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians, so guess who gets paid well and who doesn't. Dr's/PA's/nursing staff are disrespectful in that they believe their jobs are the only ones at Mercy. (Granted it is a hospital system, but it takes a village. Only if you are no one of the aforementioned, you're an "idiot".)
Pros
Free parking
Cons
PTO. Pay. Lack of advancement opportunities
Always subject to be laid off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 8, 2018
Terrible directors and supervisors. Too much corporate, not a family place. Will lie and lay you off once seems deemable. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Probably the worst job in Springfield.
At the start wasn't that bad
Food Service Tech I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 6, 2018
From when I was working there at the time. It was trays would go down a conveyor belt. What the ticket needed you would put the food item on the tray or plate. Then those trays get but into a big cart. Then pushed up to the floors and left there for the nurses to take the trays to the patients. After that we take a 30 minute break. Then start grabbing the carts and bring them down and breaking them down taking all the trays and cleaning them off.
Pros
Straight forward
Cons
Timing is bad
Fast-paced and fun work enviroment.
Ergonomic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, MOJune 1, 2018
Mercy is a great place to work, if you are religious and are willing to become a robot. I had some very bad experiences due to my lack of religious involvement. That made the work environment a bit more stressful than it needed to be.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Supervisor
CLINIC STAFF SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2018
Overseen 45+ coworkers daily, payroll, ordered supplies, managed/created schedules, coded and processed invoices for AP.
The hardest part of my job would be the channels you would need to go through to get anything approved.
Pros
I loved the people I worked with.
Cons
It is hard to get change approved.
Good place to work. Staff was friendly
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 29, 2018
I can adapt well to any job place in. Worked pretty hard but I feel like that pay wasn’t enough. Enjoyed my time there. I loved and enoyed meeting and seeing new faces at work. Patients was a pleasure to work with.
Friendly co-workers, low pay, flexible work schedule
Retirement Department Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOMay 23, 2018
I worked here as an intern. The people I worked with were great. My schedule was quite flexible. However, the pay was low and I don't feel that I learned a lot.
Pros
Flexible schedule, nice co-workers
Cons
low pay, not many learning opportunities
Medical Assistance
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 18, 2018
Medical assistance for the float pool , did vitals, took blood pressure , clean rooms , ekg , give injections, log information into computer ,order labs
Pros
was a good job, got to pray with the patients
Cons
na
Horrible management. Can’t even trust HR.
Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2018
All upper management shares with one another including the HR team who is supposed to be trustworthy. When bad management is placed, no one listens to the staff. The staff is wonderful and the job itself would be great if upper management would put caring people in leadership positions and not friends.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, the job itself.
Cons
Management, Hr
Lies upon hiring, Poor Management, Bullies
CST (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2018
Worst place I have ever worked :(. I was lied to by management when I was hired. My first week we had a meeting about bullying in the OR. The staff are very unhappy and unkind. Bullies are reported but nothing is done to stop them. Very very stressful :(
Pros
Mercy is not practiced at Mercy
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 4, 2018
...at least in regards to how they treat employees. In two words: over-worked and under-appreciated. Workplace bullying is rampant. Employees are treated like children, yet most are professionals and deserve to be treated better.
Nobody cares about you.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 2, 2018
Administration only cares about what causes them less work and saves them a few extra bucks. The co-workers and patients suffer because of them. You work your butt off for the patients and for yourself and it's never enough.
Fast paced, challenging place of employment
Hospital Billing Epic Application Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 2, 2018
The management and the culture of Mercy are great! Very fast paced problem resolution, build and training. Many projects going on concurrently. Never a lack of work.
Lies, lies and lies....no work/family balance
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  BransonApril 19, 2018
This company claims to have great work/family life balance, and that's a lie you get PTO but is unable to use it or they wait til the last minute to tell you if your approval is denied or not. They get mad if they approve a day off for you and then realize it's a holiday they didn't remember and you didn't tell them. Anyone higher up then you will talk to you like your scum and if you tell the upper management they won't do anything about it. This is not a faith base environment unless your a patient. They don't practice their mission with their employees just the patients. Pay is terrible ad well you can make more doing front desk hotel than working here.
Pros
Cons
Everything.. Pay, management, culture
Lacking in concern for employees
EVS 2 (Former Employee) –  Crystal City, MOApril 16, 2018
Although given paid time off was not allowed to use.Even when plenty of staff on days requested.Manager only rewarded people that would not complain.Not a nicce person.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management.
Decent place to start out
PATIENT CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 10, 2018
No matter how qualified you are you will never get anywhere without an online Master's degree. I enjoyed my coworkers. If given a better opportunity in the system I would go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercy. Our community is ready to answer.