Mercy Employee Reviews

No leeway for illness
Telemetry Technician (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IASeptember 18, 2018
They didn't allow any days off for illness and they called you at home wanting to know if you wanted to take TSR and if you agreed it counts against your attendance
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Attendance policy
Good work experience
Occupational Health Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 13, 2018
Mercy gave me good work experience in the medical field, but hurtful because if you make a mistake it can haunt you and not forgiven like you think a faith based ministry would.
Pros
Fun work environment, good co-workers
Cons
Leadership doesn’t always show the company values
Not what it used to be
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 28, 2018
Mercy is so worried about their employees having "the Mercy way" with their patients but Mercy does not have "the Mercy way" with their employees & the Mercy way is now a joke. They underpay their employees & over work everyone to the point that everyone is burned out. You have to constantly watch out for people who try to throw you under the bus. Managers, or at least mine, does not stand up for us. Nurses have gotten at least 2 cost of living increases & a night differential increase & other departments haven't. Mercy is all about the money & they don't want to pay their employees what they are worth & then wonder why everyone is leaving. I would not recommend Mercy to anyone because every department I've talked to say that working conditions are bad & are tired of their job/the hospital.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Horrible pay, bad working conditions, always understaffed, no management support, favoritism
Enjoyed my experience
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2018
I only worked at Mercy therapy for a little over a year before we recently relocated. It was a lot less stressful than my previous experiences with outpatient therapy since they have 1:1 patient care which is almost unheard of in the industry. I could really work with my patients and make sure they were doing things properly. I will miss working for this company and my manager.
Pros
1:1 patient care, got to work with patients instead of directing them while working with someone else
Cons
shorter amount of time with a patient due to 1:1 patient care
jobs
Food Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington, MOAugust 23, 2018
There are many different jobs you can do in the cafeteria. There is working in the cafeteria serving customer and checking customer out. Dishwashing, Delivering tray to patients, cooking, answering the phone and taking the patients meal order and more
Great job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working in the collaborative environment. The training officers provided mentoring that was necessary to build work experience. The work was fast paced on most days.
Compassionate staff and co-workers
Behavioral Health (Current Employee) –  Lowell, ARAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work, compassion, empathy, concern for others.
I have witnessed and observed compassion in practice (not just theory).
Management is helpful and supportive.
Mercy really cares about clients and co-workers.
Pros
Team oriented, professional but personal
Cons
N/a
Work and Life Balance
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 9, 2018
The most enjoyable part about Mercy are their offiice parties and staff meeting. The staff places alot of effort into making the meeting and company functions enjoyable for everyone.
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
Salary
Good benefits
supply chain tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 8, 2018
You work in a temperature controlled environment. Friendly staff. Good benefits. Lot of walking involved in the job and standing on your feet for a long period of time.
Awesome coworkers, awful management
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Ozark, ARAugust 8, 2018
I love all my coworkers and my job but the management is awful. They do not care about their employees whatsoever. They have been notified about coworker concerns and they have done nothing to help.

Want to know more about Mercy?

Ask a question
Good Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARAugust 7, 2018
I would work alI would do the vitals in the morning. ong with the RN's and the Doctors. I would go in the patients rooms in the morning and do there vitals, help with what ever they needed help with. Work on the computer putting statements and short reports of the day on all of the patients.
Pros
Dealing with patients
Cons
Watching a very ill person pass away.
Staff
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  OKCJuly 30, 2018
Some talented staff. Leaders and management support rude physicians. Play favorites with staff. Do not follow their own policies. These situations cause stress and fear among the staff and destroy the culture that was presented in orientation....which all agreed sounded fair and supportive in orientation, but does not exist..unless you ask a leader or upper management....or their favored employee.
Pros
talented staff
Cons
Staff not supported or treated fairly
Consistently busy daily, great staff to work with.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKJuly 29, 2018
Monday and Tuesday's very busy all day accomplishing meeting requests, scheduling new meetings, planning quarterly physician meetings and looking ahead 3-4 weeks at a time for travel.

I have learned to be very flexible in a fast paced environment and multi tasking all day long. Completing urgent requests first and going on from there.

Management is changing in the health care setting but Mercy has extremely great leadership.

Work culture is of a faith based organization

Hardest part of the job are the daily changes to the schedule; moving and adding new urgent meetings and meeting the needs of everyone involved.

Being with so many different people in various departments and locations is the highlight of every day.
Pros
Sometimes free lunches
Cons
Short breaks if any in health care
Do not work here
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MOJuly 1, 2018
A select few of the nurses in the emergency room are mean and spiteful and gossip incessantly . They are burnt out and need to change careers ASAP. They will run you ragged and then complain about you and then run you off the job. Duties include taking vitals, charting and cleaning rooms.
Pros
employees in different parts of the hospital are kind
Cons
Good managers
Can be a great place to work or a difficult place
Medical Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 26, 2018
Departments are disjointed. Getting things accomplished when depending on other departments is very difficult. Leadership is generally good, but not very receptive
I loved Mercy while I was there
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 22, 2018
So regretfully I had left Mercy a while ago but I will always remember how wonderful it was to work there. Great people, great management, and just a great place to work period!
Tools given to do your job.
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
A very good place to work and grow your skills as a beginner and to learn new ones as a seasoned worker. The management in the department are knowledgeable with all of the areas covered and supervise fairly.
Pros
As above
Cons
Schedules come out at the last minute.
Pay is ridiculous
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  OKJune 11, 2018
Pay scale and lack of advancement opportunities are horrible. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians, so guess who gets paid well and who doesn't. Dr's/PA's/nursing staff are disrespectful in that they believe their jobs are the only ones at Mercy. (Granted it is a hospital system, but it takes a village. Only if you are no one of the aforementioned, you're an "idiot".)
Pros
Free parking
Cons
PTO. Pay. Lack of advancement opportunities
Always subject to be laid off
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 8, 2018
Terrible directors and supervisors. Too much corporate, not a family place. Will lie and lay you off once seems deemable. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Probably the worst job in Springfield.
At the start wasn't that bad
Food Service Tech I (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 6, 2018
From when I was working there at the time. It was trays would go down a conveyor belt. What the ticket needed you would put the food item on the tray or plate. Then those trays get but into a big cart. Then pushed up to the floors and left there for the nurses to take the trays to the patients. After that we take a 30 minute break. Then start grabbing the carts and bring them down and breaking them down taking all the trays and cleaning them off.
Pros
Straight forward
Cons
Timing is bad