Mercy Employee Reviews

It is a great work environment
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 11, 2019
I think all of the techs are all amazing. Mercy is a wonderful hospital and have a lot of caring people whom I work with. I love my job! I love the experience that I am getting to have with health care, by my major being early childcare development and I feel like I am getting my feet in the door.
Pros
I get to work with great people
Cons
N/a
First clinic job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARMarch 9, 2019
I have done long term care all my life up until I decided I was ready for a change One thing that at first caught my interest with Mercy is that you have health insurance the first day of employment. Then the next was set hours and days. No on call with weekends off & Clinic is closed on main holidays. My home life is mine now. I can make plans and enjoy them without being called in at all hours. Of course with a new job it takes awhile to build up vacation and you start building time as soon as you start.

I was so surprised to learn that Mercy is non profit and how much they do for the community. I honestly had no idea how many people are homeless here in NW Arkansas. I’m proud that we feed and assist people in need.

I’m so very blessed to have the job I do. Love my provider and all the staff around me. Manager is very good at what she does and so helpful & caring.
Pros
Dignity & Love
This Review is Dated
EPIC Credentialed Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2019
I only worked for Mercy for 6 months more than 10 years ago. It was a very explicit training role. There was no way it was going to lead to a professional opportunity, and we were treated as such.
Medical Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 22, 2019
I enjoy my work place and the people I work with. I know I can't always count on my bosses. They ways are understanding and take the time to listen to my problems
Pros
Nice comoant to work for
Cons
Not paid enough
Not a clean place always dirty.
EVS Tech 1, (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 8, 2019
Hard to get mercy managment to visit with us, old style communication pager system outdated. When cooper was around they gave and paid for a cell phone.
Cons
No benifits for lunch. Enruppeted lots of times .
Horribly depressing state of existence.
Discharge Liaison (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 3, 2019
This is the worst place to work. I have never worked in an environment with such hate and ultimate dread when it comes to working. Coming to this place of despair eats away at your happiness.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Literally everything
Worst Place to Work
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 28, 2019
The worst training for Patient Service Representative . Out of date computer programs and old computers. Bad instructor for Patient Service Representative training.
Pros
Paid Training
Cons
Horrible Patient Service Representative Training
I have never worked in a place like Mercy unfriendly staff, tension and no happiness. Mercy statement does not match reality of employees. Horrible.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  OKCJanuary 28, 2019
Home care day is >8 hr day, go home unfinished.
Nothing learned here
Management let it happen.
Workplace heartless
Work after hours.
The patients.
Pros
Hourly pay
Cons
Long after hours without pay(paid salary) "slavery".
Below Average Starting Point In Healthcare
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Ada, OKJanuary 26, 2019
Pros:
Christian/Catholic ministry with faith based values. Open expression of faith and prayer encouraged. Decent health, vision and dental benefits.

Cons:
Hourly wages far behind the national average. Overall leaving co-workers overworked, underpaid and burnt-out over a short period of time. Under-qualified management more interesting in throwing team members under the bus when conflict arises, then ethically approaching conflict resolution through honest and transparent communication.
Due to below average wages, HR holds onto bad apples within management roles, knowing the difficulty of finding other interested candidates. Career advancement within ministry a very slow process, if not hired on at an already competitive wage. Typically Mercy provides a 1-2% bump in salary yearly, meaning wages don't keep up with the national inflation rate and cost of living each year. If one is a tobacco or nicotine user it will cost them $75 per pay period extra, compared to those who don't use tobacco products. This can be a burdensome fee for those making below 23k per year.

Advice to Management:
It is much more effective to be a leader than a boss.
Inspire those on your team to rise higher and go the extra mile because you want to see them succeed, not because you want to cover your tail if tasks are not completed.

Don't ever talk down to those who work on your team, as though they are less successful or knowledgeable.
Remember that some of your team members may only make half as much financially per year as you, but are expected to complete all of the footwork in daily
  more... tasks, which naturally becomes physically and emotionally taxing.
Personally show them appreciation in unique ways because you want to, not because corporate says you should from time-to-time.
Pros
Christian/Catholic ethics, decent benefits, patient care important
Cons
Poor leadership, pay, work/life balance
Overworked and underpaid
Doctor of Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 22, 2019
I worked for Mercy for a little over a year. I was as told I would have mentors and guidance as a new grad, assist with CEUs, and my schedule would build as I felt comfortable. All false. The work environment was cut-throat and clicky, just like a high school. The first day, I trained for a couple hours with my boss and had my own schedule that afternoon. The training is a joke, they want to pump you full of bull about how great Mercy is. Over time, they continued to slam all of us with more and more patients, slots designated for documentation now were filled with treatments that ran into lunch. Patients who needed an hour, only got half. Evals that were supposed to be 45 mins were crammed in 30 minute slots. I soon realized we were being overworked and way underpaid. I was not treated like a professional, I was a work horse who recieved no respect. Their PTO is a joke, it sounds great but then when the clinic is closed for any reason, they take 8 hours. When you work on a holiday, no extra pay and they take PTO if you don’t stay the entire 8 hours. They pay you as a salaried worker when it benefits them, but you’re not allowed to leave early if you’re finished with patients. Now that I am no longer there I realized how poorly we were paid.
Pros
Nice patients, experience in ortho
Cons
Overworked, under-paid, under-appreciated
productivity
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2019
Overall Mercy was a good place to work, I believe they would be much more successful of they offered more in salary. Daily productivity numbers went down and I believe that allowed employees to stress less.
Pros
Working form home, flexible schedule
Cons
The training was short
It is what it is a big company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOJanuary 8, 2019
They do not pay well but has great benefits. Lpn’s are not utilized properly they use them as techs. Not a horrible place to work just have to be willing to settle
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, bad utilization of skills
Legal Department is horrible
Legal (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 5, 2019
If you're looking to get STL corporate legal experience & want to work with the most disorganized, dysfunctional, cut throat & horrible leaders & people, then this is the place for you! You will hate your life there! The leadership of the "window row" is disgusting & pompous. High turnover, bad benefits, unprofessional, no life balance. 10 years behind other legal depts. They cant keep people in the department because they all get their experience & quit for better jobs!
Pros
None!
Cons
Poor leadership
Horrible pay
Sonographer (Former Employee) –  OklahomaJanuary 4, 2019
The pay is a joke compared to other hospitals in the area. Atmosphere is terrible. Administration and leaders don’t listen. Mercy worries to much about how patients are treated and not how they treat employees.
Cons
No time off. No help.
The work enviorment and people at the clinic I work in are the best people I have ever met.
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 3, 2019
A typical day for me is coming in at 7:45-8 am, verifying insurances, call and answering phones, scheduling, scanning, faxing and checking patients in and out.
I love the atmosphere and how thoughtful all of my co workers are. Mercy truly cares about quality of patient care and I love that I get to be apart of this team.
the hardest part of the job is probably upset, angry or annoyed patients that need to vent a little, and the front end gets a lot of that.
Its not too bad and most people apologize after, you just can't wear your heart on your sleeve and take offense to grieving patients.
I have learned a lot about the medical field and how to do a lot more than when I started here.
Worse culture and from HR to management a let down
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARDecember 29, 2018
Loved the mission statement, that's why I wanted to work Mercy. Quickly learned that management hardly existed. Since staff was friends with management, they would steal time, leave as they choose, wasn't required to put notice in for time off and make false accusations. HR would follow up and side with management even though neither knew what was going on. Prejudice if you are smart in a race other than Caucasian. Fuss over OT but scheduled for a certain time, other staff member can leave early so have to stay and be in trouble over OT. Confusing company and no staff support.
Pros
Mission statement, good older APRNs
Cons
Management, Hr, and not equal to all employees
Low paying job
PCA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 25, 2018
I work on Neuro, its a very hard floor to be on, and i feel like we do not get paid enough for all that we do. Ive been here going on four years and have not has the same manager each year, lots and lots of turn overs.
Pros
good vacation time
Cons
low pay, cant keep managment around
Terrible corporation
PSR - Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 17, 2018
Too bad it’s not a ministry anymore like St. John’s was. It’s all about the numbers at mercy and not the people. They pay terrible! Don’t care at all about you. Will suck you dry. Great coworkers was the only reason I made it almost a year. Management only wanted production with no reward. No sincerity AT ALL. I left a month shy of my one year, had been saving PTO for my vacation, and decided to transition out before my vacation with the understanding I’d receive my PTO payout on my last check. WRONG! Went way up the ladder in HR. Was told I’d get a return call in 48 hours by a live individual with apparent authority. Three weeks later I called again. Left a message. Got a call back within a week that nothing could be done. Was it even attempted? How could I think it was when I didn’t get a call when I was expecting it? Proof they don’t care about their employees at all!!!
Pros
Nice co workers
Cons
Below average pay, heavy workload
Staff have autonomy to use what they went to school for!
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 12, 2018
I love the autonomy that respiratory therapists have at Mercy. I think it sets a higher level of care for patients and also shows trust in staff to be knowledgeable.
Beautiful Active Campus
MEDICAL SUPPORT REP (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARDecember 8, 2018
The Campus' are designed to keep coworkers active and in touch with one another. They play into the culture of Mercy with everyone being interactive, friendly, and helpful at work.