Mercyhealth Employee Reviews

Good partners to work with
Patient Care Provider (Current Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 30, 2018
So much unhappiness with the staff due to horrific management. People without leadership skills are promoted to positions which eventually ruin the people’s morale an they try to deliver quality care.
Pros
Partners
Cons
Management. Ten lead, managers, directors
Poor Management, not a good place
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 22, 2018
I worked here for 6 months, went to management about a few things. My name was thrown out, when management went to fix situation. There was no privacy.
Mercy Health
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 17, 2018
Greeting patients, checking patients in for their appointments. Collecting insurance and updating there information as necessary.

Answering incoming calls, making appointments, collecting co pays. Taking messages from inbound calls and routing them to nurses to care for message
Company growing quickly and may be forgetting loyal employees along the way.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJuly 14, 2018
Had a good run with the company enjoying over 16 years of service. It was disappointing when my position as a medical transcriptionist ended that there was not a position where I would be able to make a lateral move in order to keep the income I had worked hard to gain.
Pros
The department had flexibility in order to have time off when needed usually.
Cons
Supervisor seemed intimidated by some staff in the department
Great management that listens and fun helpful coworkers
Hospice Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford Mercyhealth at Home HospiceJuly 4, 2018
Complete turn around for the better since new management took over. New ideas put in place from staff and fun atmosphere with friendy and helpful coworkers. Best place I've ever worked.
Pros
Work/life balance, minimal on call, feel appreciated, benefits, managable caseloads
Cons
Need to work on competitive pay.
Hard working environment
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 19, 2018
If you are not a fast learner and able to work in a fast paced environment this is not the job for you. It is never the same situation that you encounter at work on a daily basis.
Pros
different situations
Cons
management
Good place to work and made lots of friends.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJune 17, 2018
I worked at mercy east clinic and the days were all the same, rooming patients and getting them ready to see the doctor. We were set aside from management and we did our own thing.
Worst place I have worked in 25 years
TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 30, 2018
The hardest part of this job is walking in the door. Job performance is scrutinized daily, what I once enjoyed about working here has slowly been replaced with acrimony. Management has turned over and while compassionate, doesn't understand what they manage so the antagonizers get away with a lot. The department equipment needs maintenance and IT desperately needs to upgrade desktop systems.
Pros
acceptable insurance
Cons
no room for advancement, no autonomy
Okay place to work with its issues
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 25, 2018
Overall, the company is an okay place to work. I have been given the opportunity to acquire certifications that will help me in the future. In general, they require a lot out of the employees and the work life balance could use some improvement.
mercy is a great place to work.
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIMay 2, 2018
I arrive at work, clock, turn phones and computer on. I than began to check patient in. Down time I make call to remind patient of upcoming appointments.
Pros
I love to work atmosphere from other employees
Cons
I don't have any cons at this job
Great Place to Grow
Clerical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 2, 2018
Mercyhealth was a great place to obtain a career and grow with advancement. If you live and are from Rockford, great place to be. Town is tremendously slow.
Large coding department with many specialties to learn
Medical Coding (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 26, 2018
There is always plenty of work to do so you never get bored. You are able to complete your tasks freely as you wish as long as you meet the departmental goals.
Pros
Flexible hours, you can make up for missed time
Cons
Difficult to train a large staff so everyone is on the same page.
Bad pay, bad managment
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 16, 2018
Pay was awful, management was terrible, never took employees advise on how to improve. Management also violated hippa and talked about other employees. Very immature and played favorites. Raises were few and far between.
Pros
whopping 10% discount on cafe food.
Cons
bad pay, bad management
Passive aggressive culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIApril 8, 2018
Too small nurses cherry pick assignments and don't work as a team. Especially the weekend group who sits at the nurses station eating all day. Unmotivated and perfectly ok watching you run while they sit around
Pros
Consistant schedule, location
Cons
Not supportive to nurses
Rough few years
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 3, 2018
We had many nurses quit at once that went unreplaced. We doubled our patients last year and we were severely short staffed with little care from management. Now there are 7 new grads starting all going to the same shift with very little experienced nurses.
mercy is a great place to work
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIMarch 30, 2018
Mercy staff make mercy a great place to work. I cant say enough good things about those I have met along my way while working at mercy. a typical work day is busy, yet fulfilling.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
salary
Collaborative and productive work day.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 9, 2018
I would start day reviewing MD schedule, checking for times of procedures, room patient, obtain vitals, reviewing meds and updating EMR. Inform MD pt ready. order any labs or tests needed for patient. I worked 18 years in Urology and learned so much. Such as, finding a kidney stone on an X-ray and knowing what I was viewing on a prostate ultrasound. Oncology was very informative, unfortunately I was not there long enough. There was typically someone around if I had questions such as my co workers or the doctor. The hardest part was losing a patient. The most enjoyable part was the laughter and making life long friends. You were sometimes at the mercy of your department nursing supervisor or MD you worked with.
Pros
Rep lunches
Cons
Being at the mercy of the nursing supervisor or MD your working with.
Job involves ongoing complex patient case management skills.
Ambulatory RN Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 2, 2018
The care coordinator position provided daily variety and challenges. There was opportunity to impact patient transition through coordination with multiple disciplines and collaboration with providers. The position responsibilities were evolving so that the job description continually changed.
Pros
Freedom and control over work times.
Cons
Management did not understand all aspects of the job.
Great learning experience
LPN Woundcare (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ILJanuary 28, 2018
The company closed and new company South Suburban Health Care had to gain new state licensure while I was there do was a great learning experience for me.
Poor upper management in Customer Service
Customer Service Representative/Patient Accounts (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 2, 2017
The leader of the Customer Service Dept is out of touch with the needs and and wants of her employees. She is untrustworthy and I would not trust her.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercyhealth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about