Mercyhealth Employee Reviews

Great management that listens and fun helpful coworkers
Hospice Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford Mercyhealth at Home HospiceJuly 4, 2018
Complete turn around for the better since new management took over. New ideas put in place from staff and fun atmosphere with friendy and helpful coworkers. Best place I've ever worked.
Pros
Work/life balance, minimal on call, feel appreciated, benefits, managable caseloads
Cons
Need to work on competitive pay.
Worst place I have worked in 25 years
TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 30, 2018
The hardest part of this job is walking in the door. Job performance is scrutinized daily, what I once enjoyed about working here has slowly been replaced with acrimony. Management has turned over and while compassionate, doesn't understand what they manage so the antagonizers get away with a lot. The department equipment needs maintenance and IT desperately needs to upgrade desktop systems.
Pros
acceptable insurance
Cons
no room for advancement, no autonomy
Great Place to Grow
Clerical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 2, 2018
Mercyhealth was a great place to obtain a career and grow with advancement. If you live and are from Rockford, great place to be. Town is tremendously slow.
Bad pay, bad managment
Radiology Assistant (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 16, 2018
Pay was awful, management was terrible, never took employees advise on how to improve. Management also violated hippa and talked about other employees. Very immature and played favorites. Raises were few and far between.
Pros
whopping 10% discount on cafe food.
Cons
bad pay, bad management
Passive aggressive culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Williams Bay, WIApril 8, 2018
Too small nurses cherry pick assignments and don't work as a team. Especially the weekend group who sits at the nurses station eating all day. Unmotivated and perfectly ok watching you run while they sit around
Pros
Consistant schedule, location
Cons
Not supportive to nurses
Rough few years
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 3, 2018
We had many nurses quit at once that went unreplaced. We doubled our patients last year and we were severely short staffed with little care from management. Now there are 7 new grads starting all going to the same shift with very little experienced nurses.
Flexible workplace allowing great work/life balance
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIOctober 29, 2017
Flexible hours great for working moms. My Mercy partners have made excellent teammates. My biggest complaint is the lack of career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lowest pay rate in area
Opportunity for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Very fast paced and growing company. Company culture is a little challenging and can make day to day operations difficult to keep employees motivated.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Lack of support from management
Company was great until return of supervisor
Polysomnographic Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJuly 17, 2017
Doctors and co-workers were great. Supervisor was absent for several months. As soon as she returned everything went absolutely south. It seems the worst people for the job are always the ones with the jobs...making life miserable for those around them.
Pros
Doctors, co-workers
Cons
Supervisor
management in therapy is poor
therapist (Former Employee) –  McHenry County, ILJune 19, 2017
micromanager. does not lead by example. do as I say and not as I do leadership if you want to call it leadership. her name is amy. everyone is not happy in the departments. I tried to find happiness there but it didn't happen until I left.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
MercyCare insurance....Horrendous management! Keep looking!l
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 12, 2017
Low pay, high employee turnover rate. Management gives no respect to employees. Employees are reluctant to bring up issues or new ideas for fear of treatment from management and HR. Poor training and miserable work environment!
Lack of positive management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 16, 2017
Management has been the worst in my entire work history. Unreliable to support you as a coworker make you feel guilty for taking a sick day. Asking for vacation is nearly impossible even though you are entitled to it. Make you work in different offices without any training leave you to figure it out on your own and expect for good reviews. Meaningless monthly meetings in where you voice your concerns but nothing gets resolved. They don't recognize your hard work but always expect for you to give more and more. Yearly reviews and raises are always disappointing due to they will give you poor review on how you did so the raise is close to nothing they are never in the office to see your daily work but they will review you basically with eyes closed.
Pros
Health insurance and benefits
Cons
Management, raises, not flexible
Small, excellent community hospital
MRI Technologist III (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIJanuary 13, 2017
Hours of operation are from 6:30 AM to 5 PM. Busy practice averaging 12 patients a day. No weekend or holidays.Radiologists are ease to approach. Support staff is very friendly and helpful
Unattractrive place to work
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53545November 29, 2016
Dirty and very sad place to work. Management was barely available and many executive decisions were left unaddressed, Data Center was in deplorable condition.
Pros
Cons
management
Hostile Management
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIOctober 7, 2016
Management inexperienced and devious. Management the source of all drama.
No management skills. They were put in position by each other. Skills and creditability lacking.
It is like working in a high school for the mean girls. They belittle, make fun and break confidentiality for the drama of it.
A person's skills, qualities or reputation does not matter.
Abusive. Very Hostile.
Supervisor uses HR as a whipping tool and HR is not on the side of the employee. No help, no support.
Disappointing for a Healthcare facility.
Pros
Patient services
Cons
Management goes unchecked
Overall a very good place to work
Windows Server Support II (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 27, 2016
Overall a very good place to work.

The position I had required a good amount of over time, after hours, and weekend work which was all part of the job.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the challenge of successfully implementing new software and being able to troubleshoot and successfully fix issues. Another enjoyable part was the flexibility I had with my work schedule.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Having to be on call
Hostile!!!
Cant' say due to inevitable retribution... (Current Employee) –  Not saying due to unavoidable revenge if foundSeptember 18, 2016
Extremely hostile work environment! Directors, (yes, directors), won't do anything about it since THEY are walking the razor's edge. NOT a good place to work... KEEP LOOKING!!! Take it from a current employee who's trying desperately to get out!
Pros
They pay well but that veneer wears through pretty quick...
Cons
Very hostile work environment!!! No support from upper mgmt or hr!!!
Worst job I ever had.
Customer Service Representative/Biller (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WISeptember 12, 2016
Worst place I have work. Very hostile enviroment in DME department. Management wont doing anything to stop it. Very very bad. Wouldnt recommend anyone working there.
Benefits
Cons
Given the knowledge and education
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 3, 2016
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with new health care laws. I worked with a great team of co workers, It was rewarding to be able to read operative notes and code these correctly and making and helping our physicians work easier.
Clinical Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Janesville, WIApril 2, 2016
Great environment to excel in and wonderful staff. Hours are flexible and everyone is really kind. I love working for Mercy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mercyhealth. Our community is ready to answer.