Mercyhurst University Employee Reviews

good place to work in
Biology Department, archaeology department (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2019
it was really nice learning about archaeology and the research we do and mercyhurst have a big program.i was my first time dealing with something like that. it was very good experience working with the biology department because it was very helpful for me.
Do not work there!!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 10, 2019
Extremely poor management and supervisors. There has not been a good president since I have been here. They lack social skills, empathy, no motivation whatsoever, complete arrogance, total disrespect, this is not a place of mercy at all, they care about the appearance of the college way more than their employees; Advanced degrees mean nothing because they are all very poor managers; poor benefits like retirement, which other local colleges has much better retirement benefits; health care is poor, as they keep raising premiums and deductibles; only one raise in 5 years, and the raises we received before that were horrible; Administrations and leaders of this place lack vision completely, as they only care about the money they get in salary as they become millionaires; Your job will never be secure as they have laid off many great employees; They replace employees by saying they have eliminated their position, but only they get replaced by renaming the title of the position; This administration is very controlling with everything; The entire board of directors should be replaced, as they are unable to judge good character in presidents and provosts. You will not be secure with any job for the long-term here. Do not work here!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, no job security, poor pay raises and benefits, arrogance by the administration and supervisors
Gente maja y trabajo divertido
House manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 27, 2019
Trabajo flexible, te dejan elegir que eventos coger.
Great university for teaching and studying
Chinese Language Teacher (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 24, 2019
I like communicating with college students by teaching them in class, where they asked good questions and showed me their curiosity about a foreign language and culture. It was an amazing experience which worth remembering for a lifetime.
Mercyhurst University
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 1, 2019
Good place for a part-time job. The work environment is relaxed and competitive. It allows you to gain experience and develop skills such as communicational and organizational.
Student employee
Biological Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 20, 2019
Loved working as a student for Mercyhurst! I worked with the Biology department over a couple summers and we had a number of exciting and interesting projects to complete!
fun work place
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 17, 2019
great job to fit in with School schedule, only get assigned when people schedule for help. Planning lessons were great for remembering previous material.
Pros
on campus
Cons
little hours
Great
Bookseller/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 10, 2019
I love working for the bookstore on campus the management is very easy to work with you class schedule so that you can work as much as you would like.
Great students
Assistive Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 25, 2018
I only work part time, I have been trying and would love to work full time in my current job. I love working with the students and faculty. The University is changing every day.
The hardest part of the job was balancing work and school
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 3, 2018
The hardest part of the job was balancing school and working in the Learning Difference Office. Management however was very flexible with working around grad classes.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Only temporary job
Enjoyed working at Mercyhurst Northeast
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 11, 2018
The job was easy, involved co-working with others.. The opportunity for job advancement was allocated with college credits. I had fun working in Northeast also obtaining college credits.
Work-study position only available for Mercyhurst students
Geology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2018
This was a work-study position that involved cleaning lab equipment, setting up labs and lectures for professors, and organizing rocks, minerals, and maps. One cannot apply to this position through Indeed.

A typical day involved working 2-4 hours.

Hardest part of the job was using the diamond cutter rocksaw.

Easiest part of the job plenty of free time to study.
Pros
Mostly easy work, free time for studies, learn a lot about rocks, minerals and maps
Cons
Rock saw was dangerous
I enjoyed working very much with the staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA Main CampusJanuary 8, 2018
Food Prep, cooking, interaction with the students and staff, creativity allowed, however I felt held back from my real talents. It seems like the Chef wants to hold people down instead of collaborating and increasing people's potential.
School does not reflect mission of Mercy!
Maintenence Worker (Current Employee) –  North East, PADecember 12, 2017
Mercy is not a mission of this place. Many overpaid administrators who care very little for students. It's about making money and not educating for a better tomorrow.
Pros
Students!! Empowering students!
Cons
Extremely poor administration!
Very unstable place to work
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 4, 2017
DO NOT WORK THERE! Management is very inexperienced and do not treat their employees well. There is nothing good about this place. Management spends money for everything, (buildings, etc.), except for the employees. No raises in 5 years, and they keep raising premiums and deductibles for health care which is already watered down. Salaries and retirement benefits are not competitive with other local colleges. This place is in trouble!
Pros
Cons
Everything. No Raises in 5 years.
Working at Mercyhurst
Graduate Employee (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 21, 2017
Its a good Place to work and not stressful.I worked as a graduate employee, so mostly was working on installs and imaging of systems for campus.There is no pressure for work.
Pros
Descent pay
Cons
No leaves
Excellent Place to Adjunct
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  North East, PANovember 9, 2017
I have been an adjunct at Mercyhurst North East Campus for over 5 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. Full support from the heads of the departments and is a great culture.
Mercyhurst
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 29, 2017
I was a graduate assistant athletic trainer with football and softball. I enjoyed my time there because I was able to learn a lot about how to be an athletic trainer and get a master's degree in organizational leadership.
Pros
Graduate School Tuition Waived
Quite Enviorment
Mentor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaOctober 21, 2017
a typical work day, I would usually have three to four people come in each day to ask for assistance, when I didn't have other students who needed help I would work on my own work and get paid for it!
good place to do part-time job
Mercyhurst University Coffee Shop Server (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 25, 2017
I learned how to make coffee, how to run register, open and close a coffee bar, also I learned how to serve people and back up inventory. Cleaning a working area is important too in coffee bar.