Mercyhurst University Employee Review

View all Mercyhurst University reviews

Mercyhurst University
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 1, 2019
Good place for a part-time job. The work environment is relaxed and competitive. It allows you to gain experience and develop skills such as communicational and organizational.

Other Mercyhurst University Employee Reviews

good place to work in
Biology Department, archaeology department (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 13, 2019
it was really nice learning about archaeology and the research we do and mercyhurst have a big program.i was my first time dealing with something like that. it was very good experience working with the biology department because it was very helpful for me.
Do not work there!!
Instructor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 10, 2019
Extremely poor management and supervisors. There has not been a good president since I have been here. They lack social skills, empathy, no motivation whatsoever, complete arrogance, total disrespect, this is not a place of mercy at all, they care about the appearance of the college way more than their employees; Advanced degrees mean nothing because they are all very poor managers; poor benefits like retirement, which other local colleges has much better retirement benefits; health care is poor, as they keep raising premiums and deductibles; only one raise in 5 years, and the raises we received before that were horrible; Administrations and leaders of this place lack vision completely, as they only care about the money they get in salary as they become millionaires; Your job will never be secure as they have laid off many great employees; They replace employees by saying they have eliminated their position, but only they get replaced by renaming the title of the position; This administration is very controlling with everything; The entire board of directors should be replaced, as they are unable to judge good character in presidents and provosts. You will not be secure with any job for the long-term here. Do not work here!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything, no job security, poor pay raises and benefits, arrogance by the administration and supervisors