Mercyhurst University Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Event House Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 10, 2016
This was a work study I had while in College as a HRIM Major. This is a great place to learn how to delegate and complete administrative work.
Pros
great hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun workplace full of students and young adults
STUDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 6, 2016
In a typical day of work I would sort and distribute Campus Involvement & Multicultural Center incoming and outgoing mail. Also, I was in charge of the signage distribution and posting around campus, greeting clients warmly and answer any inquiries; and assist, organize and clear events taking place at the Student Union building.
Pros
Free food, run errands around campus
Cons
payment process was complicated
Nice part time work
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 3, 2016
I enjoyed this job very much, the pay was good, but the curriculum was constantly changing. This made it hard to stay consistent with the materials that were being taught.
Only a part time worker so no benefits
IT support assistant (Current Employee) –  Mercyhurst universityMay 3, 2016
It is a great job, but being only a part-time employee i do not receive benefits. I receive phone calls asking about technical help and then have to in a kind and timely manner either solve their issues or transfer them to someone who can.
Pros
great experience and customer skill building
Cons
low pay
Great
Assistant Coach Men's and Women's Rowing (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 26, 2016
Mercyhurst was a great family environment that created success. Very interactive within all the coaches and administrators built on a small campus that is designed to create success.
Unstable University
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 5, 2016
I taught a variety of courses as an Adjunct. Too many changes with the new president. He gets rid of great staff and instructors, keeps staff and instructors with little to no experience or that do not even have anything higher than a Bachelor Degree! You're not safe being at the University in any position. It's a shame how it is now being ran.
Pros
Students
Cons
Higher Ups
Responsible yet fun job
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 12, 2016
At a typical day at work I would just make sure males are written down, and leave an id, prior to entering the building. I have learned to aid female freshman either transferring from one room to another, using the elevator, or moving out of the building. My co-workers are awesome! Really good communication between us.
Good people to work for, flexible hours
Faculty Member (Current Employee) –  North East, PASeptember 30, 2015
Easy people to work for. Varied levels of work load. Some outside work hours required. Just no room for promotion or advancement here for me.
Great opportunity while in college
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 26, 2015
Work according to your schedule and great management. Part time job working 10 to 20 hours a week. Flexibility if unable to make it during certain hours.
Pros
Management and coworkers
Work Study program a sham
Student Work Study (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 29, 2015
Did none of the things I was promised. No case work, no respect from graduate students. The program was poorly managed, and at times I had to take control of entire program. Things fell apart, teachers used us as their personal messengers, and graduate students pawned off their work to us.
Pros
Cons
bad leadership, changing bosses, no advancement
Great Experience
Mercyhurst/Boeing Sirius Research Project (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 19, 2015
This was a great experience to show how research is conducted. Allowed me to get an inside look as a participant in the study.
Pros
Experience, Point of View
Excellent while I was a student
Technician (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 3, 2015
I worked for the helpdesk. Great atmosphere and provided me with enough cash to make ends meet. Wish wages were more than the minimum.
Pros
Work while a student
Athletic Department is under a great athletic director
Assistant Wrestling /Strength and Conditioning (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 30, 2015
Mercyhurst was not only a great place to go for my education but also a great place to work after. The athletic department is under a great athletic director, however he and the department do not always get the support that is needed to reach its full potential.
Love the Environment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 19, 2015
I would suggest that anyone who has the opportunity to work here, to take advantage of that and go for it. The people are warm and inviting. All the employees take an interest in you and your life and want to see you advance and succeed in everything you do
Tutoring services at Mercyhurst University
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Northeast, PAMay 6, 2015
I enjoyed my time working as a tutor for Mercyhurst University. I tutored anatomy and physiology, certified occupational therapy assistance courses, and religion.
Unorganized and inefficient
Honors Office Secretary (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 26, 2015
The honors department lacks organization and leadership to gain more student and keep current students engaged. Every shift, I don't have consistent tasks and often have no tasks,
Small-knit academic institution
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 23, 2015
Tight community mixed between business professionals, academic researchers, and student employees. Great place from a student researcher's perspective.
Expensive workspace with great learning experience
Human Performance Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I loved worked in the Human Performance Lab the past four years at Mercyhurst. I was able to take information from the classroom and directly apply it to my job. I loved being able to assists others with their research projects while working on mine in the lab. I am honored to work here and would not trade the job.
Great experience
Member (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 5, 2015
Being apart of the business club was extremely beneficial. I met a lot of great people and learned new new techniques to take into the business field.
Politics run this school... even when it comes to a students job
Recreational Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 15, 2014
Mercyhurst Rec center is a very poorly kept facility. Also the supervisor of the facility picked favorites and was unfair to those he did not know or like. That was the case with me as well, where I got fired because my boss made up lots of untrue situations about me missing work and what not but have no evidence to support his claim. In the end, don't waste your time here.