Meredith College Employee Reviews

Great place to do undergraduate research
Prokaryotic Gene Transfer-Undergraduate Research (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 1, 2018
I was not a paid employee, however, I completed undergraduate research at Meredith College. The professors provided great guidance, and allowed me to develop useful job skills.
Enjoyable experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2018
Typical day of work is working with students and making sure they are being protected. The staff is amazing and so are the students. Being able to use the college grounds on your off time was a plus. Pay is a little low for all staff but is on par to what the industries are paying in the area. Most of the job is outdoors so keep that in mind.
Pros
Working with great students
Cons
Move in day, but it's not that bad
Good student job
Library Circulation Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 10, 2018
It's a good on campus job for students, it pays minimum wage and the bosses are understanding. You can always find someone to sub for you and it's pretty easy and chill.
wonderful job
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
This was a part time position as I was staying home with two small children during the day and teaching in the evenings. I loved teaching mathematics at Meredith.
MC College
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 19, 2018
I got hired on as a temporary teacher's assistant for the general chemistry laboratory. My job was to help the professor teach chemistry basics through experiments. It is a great way to get introduced to teaching.
Great people to work with and flexible work schedule
Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2017
Workplace culture is great! Everyone at Meredith is so nice and helpful. They take genuine interest in their employees. Biggest challenge is - Meredith doesn't welcome change. There are areas of growth and catching up to do with systems and processes.
A good Brief Grounds keeping job
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 28, 2017
I worked here a few months to get on my financial feet. My coworkers were some of the best guys on the planet, and I wish I could work alongside them to this day. As a groundskeeper we mostly kept up on the typical run-around and often worked too hard without decent planning or foresight, but overall the work wasn't too hard. Wish there were better facilities, better upkeep and a manager with more foresight/connectedness to the workers.
Pros
Good benefits, easy work overall
Cons
Management is paid more than they are worth and the hard workers get paid little
Meredith College
General Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 3, 2017
Based off of my experience at Meredith College the overall staff were friendly and the managers maintained balance between co-worker affairs and job functions.
Satisfactory
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2017
Overall a comfortable and supportive work environment. Work place culture supportive and upbeat. Easy access to tech support, supplementary programs for employees on campus like health/life.
Enjoyable Job
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 13, 2017
A typical day at work included working with professors and other students. Filing, copying and faxing documents. I also worked on various projects that needed to be done for special events as well as answered phone calls.
Working at Meredith
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 7, 2017
Having a job at Meredith is very flexible. It is very convenient for a student needing a little extra cash to get them through the rest of the month. I enjoyed working here
Pros
Flexible
Cons
You cannot live off of this pay.
Productive and always different workplace
Athletic event staff (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Everyday wasn't always the same because I didn't always work the same sports games. For the most part the one thing that was the same was that I had to pass out flyers to people and set up the game and the flags. I learned how to work with a team, how to speak respectfully to people, how to take strict orders, and how to work under extreme circumstances. Management, for me, was amazing. We would always be on the same page and would communicate daily with certain things about the job or about what I could do better or what I have done very well. My co-workers were fun to be around and became more like family since we all attended the same school and had the same job. The hardest part of my job would be having to stay physically active for 3 or more hours at a time without a break and the most enjoyable was seeing my school teams winning.
Pros
free lunches, free game access
Cons
extreme physical work
Productive and fun.
Phonathon Student Caller (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 4, 2016
I learned how to talk on the phone and make transitions. My co-workers are sweet and very friendly. I enjoy talking on the phone it expands your mind and you learn new things.
productive
Internship (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 31, 2016
My typical work day is doing lots of research and phone calls. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing interviews with the latino community and getting to know each and everyone story and being able to help them.
Wonderful and Professional Place to work
Graduate Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Graduate Programs OfficeJuly 13, 2016
Great place to work. They are excellent with work-life balance and that is evident from the President down. The Graduate Programs office truly cares about student success.
Incongruent
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 5, 2015
A typical day at work at work is never "typical". This job requires flexibility at its finest. I've learned I am capable of juggling many different tasks, personalities and challenges, usually all at the same time; adaptability helps, as does a positive attitude. The hardest part of the job is figuring out how and when when to say "no", especially if the request is coming from a supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is working within the Meredith Community.
Pros
Beautiful opportunities to volunteer
Cons
compensation below industry standard
Good school
student, Spanish tutor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 6, 2015
*Good professors
*Close-knit classes, sense of community
*Fun traditions
*Class selection, especially in sciences, could be better
*School store needs better product selection
*Am biology major and future Spanish minor typically taking 15-17 hours/semester
*Active in all sorts of extracurricular activities
*Recently completed training for position as Spanish tutor- expected to work 4 hrs/wk (required to work 2), and plan to work 7.5
Customer Service
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 12, 2014
I loved working at Meredith College! It was so much fun and I got a chance to meet a lot of different cultures.
Support software and Help desk issues of the campus.
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2013
The departments that were assigned to me were Human Resources and Financial Aid.
Productive and fun place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2013
I learned to interact with others on a professional level. Co-workers were awesome to work with. There was flexibility if I needed to take time off.
Pros
Flexible work schedule