Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

Lack of culture with an unclear vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
there are grave disconnects between each division and a complete lack of a shared goal. there seems to be clear swim lanes which other teams are not allowed to question.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
zero growth potential
This company sucks!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 27, 2018
The people are odd and all the company cares about is investor relations. This is a public company for profit. My immediate management had double standards in regards to employee conduct. Others were allowed to run at the mouth in the office about inappropriate subjects while at the same time I was accused of saying something inappropriate by an anonymous source. Along with this, I wasn't even given an example of what I said that was so bad.

In addition to this, just about a week after my position was eliminated and I was unceremoniously escorted from the building, I was contacted about another open position. I ended up interviewing for the position. The person conducting the interview was unprofessional and swore several times, including using the F-word.

Low and behold, a week after the interview, I was emailed and told that there was no way they could create the additional position. Long story short: They interviewed me for a job they didn't even have.

In addition to my experience, the way they treated well-respected television anchor Demetria Kalodimos at WSMV was in my opinion discriminatory and unacceptable.

Not only would I not recommend working at Meredith, I wouldn't even want to buy their stock.
Pros
Summer hours (if eligible).
Cons
Rude people. Slow pace. Double standards for conduct.
National Sales Executive, Publishing Division (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2018
Great place, great training, looking for lifers, cohesion is evident within corporate offices and people; people are happy there and want to work together!
Productive and Inviting Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
The workplace culture is extremely welcoming. It is a calm and relaxed environment while still being a place to easily get work done. The workload is not overbearing, and the management is responsive, kind, and responsible.
Great compnay with great benefits
New England Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working as an employee and now as a contractor for Meredith. They are a very well run company that has very smart people working at every level of the organization for them.
Pros
Well run company
Cons
print is declininng
A totally awesome place to do what you love to do
Freelance Consulting (Current Employee) –  Wall Street, NYMay 16, 2018
A great environment overall which is surprising for an enterprise size company. May creative minds, team work and supportive.

Management is totally business but very open minded and supportive of staff input. Everyone is heard.
Pros
Snacks. Good and bad
Great place to work.
Art Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Great place to work, especially for new graduates. Though I'm not sure how much the culture will change now that they have acquired Time and relocating downtown.
Very Depressing Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
There is a constant worry of layoffs, absolutely no job security whatsoever. Upper management does not care about their employees. There are no incentives for working here.
Pros
Cons
Not enough opportunity for advancement/ not diverse enough when considering people for promotions
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
Company is going through many changes in the current media environment. There is a lot of restructuring and lay offs happening as well as titles getting sold.
Pros
The people are kind.
Cons
Job security.
Great environment - lots of perks and beautiful campus
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 4, 2018
Would highly recommend working at Meredith to job seekers. A creative, lively workplace with many terrific people. The surroundings are wonderful with an outstanding garden and many amenities including on-site cafeteria and workout areas.

Want to know more about Meredith Corporation?

Ask a question
Fun place to work and good benefits
Assistant to the sweepstakes coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2018
Busy work days with fun people always around. We learned a lot about making sweepstakes from our bosses throughout my internship also gained knowledge about digital marketing.
Review
Video Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2018
I learned from this job that organization is key when it comes to moving quickly with projects that are needed in a timely manner. If I weren't organized with this job, managing YouTube channels and getting content up on site it would create more stress for my coworkers.
Pretty good place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2018
There are a lot of good people who work at MXM. Not too stressful most of the time but of course there were some times... most work as a team and are excellent at their jobs.
Pros
Freebies from time to time, teamwork
Cons
Some believe in 60 rather than 40 hour work week
Recent Aquisition Changes
Digital Account Manager, Food, Beverage & Spirits (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 26, 2018
Changes happening at the company due to the recent acquisition of Time Inc. A new structure has been put into place but not yet executed so not 100% on the future of the company.
One of My All-Time Favorite Jobs Ever!
Market Research Analyst / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 23, 2018
This place was such a pleasure! Not only is it a pleasant environment, they tend to be particular about who they hire, so there is very slim chance that you will find yourself dealing with a difficult person in your day-to-day duties. I was given freedom to take the job duties given to me, and carry them out how I felt suitable. With my excellent computer skills, I was able to streamline this job so that I could take on a whole other position in addition to my own and again, get creative and spear-head a system for tracking on-line traffic for our new website (at this time, ".com" was still a baby). I was partnered with a lot of really fun, interesting people who were very encouraging and helpful to me as I grew into the position and ever-changing responsibilities. Yes, it was with a heavy heart that I left this place, but it was the right thing to do, as raising my children myself was most important.
Pros
Everything! Pay, environment, management, colleagues, benefits
Cons
wouldn't let me work part time until my kids went to school
Fun, productive, and diverse environment.
Associate Account Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 15, 2018
Although I was there on an incredibly short-term contract, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Meredith Corporation! The team I worked with was extremely interesting and diverse, the culture felt very collaborative, and they had an incredible kitchen in the office full of great options.
Pros
Excellent food, great cultural diversity
Great Company
Digital Content Producer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2018
The environment at Meredith is productive and low-stress. Management respects a work/life balance. Beyond that, the benefits are amazing and the pay is very fair.
Pros
Great Pay, Positive Culture
Publicist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2018
I really enjoy my job and the company all together. Great work/life balance, I learn a lot every day, my co-workers are smart and easy to get along with.
People dropping like flies
Account Supervisor/Kraft Heinz CRM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Due to the merger/acquisition of Time Inc. lots of layoffs, no clear path to growth at Meredith Xcelerated Marketing specifically. Meredith Corporation overall, hires bright, intelligent staff but does not support career growth in a timely manner. More emphasis on submitting staff reviews versus investment in employee training to assist current staff to learn state of the art technology.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Top heavy - not enough support staff, burnout and low work/life balance
Workplace culture is young and modern
Editor (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 17, 2018
The overall workplace culture is really friendly and modern. The dress code is relaxed, which allows me to focus on my work more. Hours aren't strict, as long as your work is completed on time.