Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

Challenging Times
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
With so much upheaval in the industry and at the company, Meredith executives might have bitten off more than they can chew. The continual layoffs and restructuring are grueling. Once they get their act together (maybe early 2020) I'll be excited to see where the company is.
Creative and dynamic work environment, but there are frequent layoffs.
ASSISTANT EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 22, 2018
I loved the creative challenge of working at Meredith, the variety of work I was able to do, and the very talented and inspiring co-workers. But even when I first started I was warned that there was no job security. Layoffs were frequent and seemingly random, especially for those of us in the creative fields of producing content for the print magazines.
Pros
Fun, interesting work and great co-workers
Cons
Frequent layoffs and job insecurity
Acquired Time Inc.
Finance Manager, Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Great people to work with however a lot of turnover after the acquisition of Time Inc. A lot of projects to complete with fewer resources since jobs being moved.
The best culture of any company I've worked in.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIOctober 2, 2018
Management really trusted the employees to guide the business. The hiring decisions were imperative to creating the right culture. Being honest, trustworthy, ethical, and creative in addition to being agents of change were all must-haves.
Creative place to work
C-LEVEL EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
The company has Great products, culture, peers and management team. The last 9 months were stressful because of the purchase of Time Inc. and the transition of departments. Many jobs were lost in this transition, but the company was very clear and informative every step of the way.and handled each individual lost with care.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Can't think of any
Amazing experience
Corporate Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2018
Meredith Corporation is an amazing place to work. Such a diverse culture and talented people in all areas of the company. I fully believe in everything they stand for.
Lack of culture with an unclear vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
there are grave disconnects between each division and a complete lack of a shared goal. there seems to be clear swim lanes which other teams are not allowed to question.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
zero growth potential
This company sucks!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 27, 2018
The people are odd and all the company cares about is investor relations. This is a public company for profit. My immediate management had double standards in regards to employee conduct. Others were allowed to run at the mouth in the office about inappropriate subjects while at the same time I was accused of saying something inappropriate by an anonymous source. Along with this, I wasn't even given an example of what I said that was so bad.

In addition to this, just about a week after my position was eliminated and I was unceremoniously escorted from the building, I was contacted about another open position. I ended up interviewing for the position. The person conducting the interview was unprofessional and swore several times, including using the F-word.

Low and behold, a week after the interview, I was emailed and told that there was no way they could create the additional position. Long story short: They interviewed me for a job they didn't even have.

In addition to my experience, the way they treated well-respected television anchor Demetria Kalodimos at WSMV was in my opinion discriminatory and unacceptable.

Not only would I not recommend working at Meredith, I wouldn't even want to buy their stock.
Pros
Summer hours (if eligible).
Cons
Rude people. Slow pace. Double standards for conduct.
National Sales Executive, Publishing Division (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2018
Great place, great training, looking for lifers, cohesion is evident within corporate offices and people; people are happy there and want to work together!
Productive and Inviting Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
The workplace culture is extremely welcoming. It is a calm and relaxed environment while still being a place to easily get work done. The workload is not overbearing, and the management is responsive, kind, and responsible.
Good while it lasted.
Broadcast Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 11, 2018
While compensation and benefits were great, we faced a number of cutbacks, including myself and ten others. I would recommend the company, but keep your resume updated.
Great compnay with great benefits
New England Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working as an employee and now as a contractor for Meredith. They are a very well run company that has very smart people working at every level of the organization for them.
Pros
Well run company
Cons
print is declininng
A totally awesome place to do what you love to do
Freelance Consulting (Current Employee) –  Wall Street, NYMay 16, 2018
A great environment overall which is surprising for an enterprise size company. May creative minds, team work and supportive.

Management is totally business but very open minded and supportive of staff input. Everyone is heard.
Pros
Snacks. Good and bad
Great place to work.
Art Director, Marketing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2018
Great place to work, especially for new graduates. Though I'm not sure how much the culture will change now that they have acquired Time and relocating downtown.
Very Depressing Place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
There is a constant worry of layoffs, absolutely no job security whatsoever. Upper management does not care about their employees. There are no incentives for working here.
Pros
Cons
Not enough opportunity for advancement/ not diverse enough when considering people for promotions
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
Company is going through many changes in the current media environment. There is a lot of restructuring and lay offs happening as well as titles getting sold.
Pros
The people are kind.
Cons
Job security.
Great environment - lots of perks and beautiful campus
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 4, 2018
Would highly recommend working at Meredith to job seekers. A creative, lively workplace with many terrific people. The surroundings are wonderful with an outstanding garden and many amenities including on-site cafeteria and workout areas.
Fun place to work and good benefits
Assistant to the sweepstakes coordinator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2018
Busy work days with fun people always around. We learned a lot about making sweepstakes from our bosses throughout my internship also gained knowledge about digital marketing.
Review
Video Production Intern (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 3, 2018
I learned from this job that organization is key when it comes to moving quickly with projects that are needed in a timely manner. If I weren't organized with this job, managing YouTube channels and getting content up on site it would create more stress for my coworkers.
Pretty good place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMarch 27, 2018
There are a lot of good people who work at MXM. Not too stressful most of the time but of course there were some times... most work as a team and are excellent at their jobs.
Pros
Freebies from time to time, teamwork
Cons
Some believe in 60 rather than 40 hour work week