Meredith Corporation Employee Reviews

Good Location
Senior Analyst, Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 26, 2019
Office has a good location. Flexible hours. Work from home at least once a week. Building security is great - a safe place to work. Security often checks the premises.
No room for growth
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2019
Basically whatever job you get hired for its the only job you will have in the company. There are no opportunities for promotion or salary increase. Work like balance is great. The culture in New York is amazing. In the outer offices there is little to any culture.

Mission is providing value to share holders. That is all that drives the company and they do it quite well. Not so good for employees but I will say that it stopped the quarterly layoffs that were typical at Time Inc.
Meredith is a good company
Local Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 10, 2019
a good company -- a good place to work - excellent benefits - heath and wellness program is outstanding

Meredith is looking to develop its brands to reach its core target -- women 35 to 64.
Great environment and management team.
New York Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 21, 2019
Established titles and smart management team/leaders. Enjoyed work environment. Achievements recognized and room for growth. Fair salary and commission offerings.
Good Place to Work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
This is a Good Place to Work, Pretty Productive, With Nice People, Nice Culture and Work/life Balance. I would recommend this company if considering in the future.
Corporate Culture
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2018
Meredith provides an work environment that has a lot of support from an account management, editorial, research and marketing perspective in order to best service clients.
Strong Player in a declining industry
Consumer Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2018
Meredith Corporation knows its core audience/consumers well and prefers not to stray far from its areas of strength. Meredith is exceptionally adept at licensing its brands, as well as obtaining brand licenses that fit its culture and audiences.
Pros
Generous in its support of community programs
Always a busy workplace
TRAFFIC COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2018
There is constantly something to do. I worked with the company for 10 years spanning three separate department and they are great company to work for.
Challenging Times
Account Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
With so much upheaval in the industry and at the company, Meredith executives might have bitten off more than they can chew. The continual layoffs and restructuring are grueling. Once they get their act together (maybe early 2020) I'll be excited to see where the company is.
Creative and dynamic work environment, but there are frequent layoffs.
ASSISTANT EDITOR (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 22, 2018
I loved the creative challenge of working at Meredith, the variety of work I was able to do, and the very talented and inspiring co-workers. But even when I first started I was warned that there was no job security. Layoffs were frequent and seemingly random, especially for those of us in the creative fields of producing content for the print magazines.
Pros
Fun, interesting work and great co-workers
Cons
Frequent layoffs and job insecurity
Acquired Time Inc.
Finance Manager, Corporate Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 8, 2018
Great people to work with however a lot of turnover after the acquisition of Time Inc. A lot of projects to complete with fewer resources since jobs being moved.
The best culture of any company I've worked in.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, MIOctober 2, 2018
Management really trusted the employees to guide the business. The hiring decisions were imperative to creating the right culture. Being honest, trustworthy, ethical, and creative in addition to being agents of change were all must-haves.
Creative place to work
C-LEVEL EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 1, 2018
The company has Great products, culture, peers and management team. The last 9 months were stressful because of the purchase of Time Inc. and the transition of departments. Many jobs were lost in this transition, but the company was very clear and informative every step of the way.and handled each individual lost with care.
Pros
Great Products
Cons
Can't think of any
Amazing experience
Corporate Wellness Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IASeptember 24, 2018
Meredith Corporation is an amazing place to work. Such a diverse culture and talented people in all areas of the company. I fully believe in everything they stand for.
Lack of culture with an unclear vision
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
there are grave disconnects between each division and a complete lack of a shared goal. there seems to be clear swim lanes which other teams are not allowed to question.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
zero growth potential
This company sucks!
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 27, 2018
The people are odd and all the company cares about is investor relations. This is a public company for profit. My immediate management had double standards in regards to employee conduct. Others were allowed to run at the mouth in the office about inappropriate subjects while at the same time I was accused of saying something inappropriate by an anonymous source. Along with this, I wasn't even given an example of what I said that was so bad.

In addition to this, just about a week after my position was eliminated and I was unceremoniously escorted from the building, I was contacted about another open position. I ended up interviewing for the position. The person conducting the interview was unprofessional and swore several times, including using the F-word.

Low and behold, a week after the interview, I was emailed and told that there was no way they could create the additional position. Long story short: They interviewed me for a job they didn't even have.

In addition to my experience, the way they treated well-respected television anchor Demetria Kalodimos at WSMV was in my opinion discriminatory and unacceptable.

Not only would I not recommend working at Meredith, I wouldn't even want to buy their stock.
Pros
Summer hours (if eligible).
Cons
Rude people. Slow pace. Double standards for conduct.
National Sales Executive, Publishing Division (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 17, 2018
Great place, great training, looking for lifers, cohesion is evident within corporate offices and people; people are happy there and want to work together!
Productive and Inviting Workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 8, 2018
The workplace culture is extremely welcoming. It is a calm and relaxed environment while still being a place to easily get work done. The workload is not overbearing, and the management is responsive, kind, and responsible.
Good while it lasted.
Broadcast Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 11, 2018
While compensation and benefits were great, we faced a number of cutbacks, including myself and ten others. I would recommend the company, but keep your resume updated.
Great compnay with great benefits
New England Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working as an employee and now as a contractor for Meredith. They are a very well run company that has very smart people working at every level of the organization for them.
Pros
Well run company
Cons
print is declininng

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meredith Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

25%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss