MERIDEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Independent and will let you develop
Student Teaching Placement (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTOctober 6, 2014
Meriden, as of the 2010 census has a current population of 60,868 residents. This qualifies Meriden as a city, concluding that all schools within this school district would be considered as "urban". Furthermore, 58% of the entire population of students within this school district qualifies as low income and 29% of students report a language other than English is predominantly spoken at home.
Productive and great workplace
Registered Dietitian, Consultant (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTFebruary 14, 2014
I work 8-4 on writing menus, recipes and grants for the school system. I really like my co-workers. The hardest part of the job is the fact that I work in a Central Office so there are a lot of people around at all times. It is a busy office.
Internship
Help Desk Technician and I.T. Support (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 20, 2013
I was an intern and the experience I got was priceless. The co-workers were very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The management worked very hard to help anyone who needed it. Everyone was extremely helpful and my experience was outstanding.
Pros
good benefits, great entry-level, outstanding job security
Cons
must be an independant thinker and have great self-motivational skills, if you don't have that, don't bother applying
It was a job
Special Education Teacher/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTSeptember 3, 2012
I worked as a long term sub in Special Education. They were just not supportive at all. Very dissapointed.