Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment, challenging, rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 22, 2018
I loved my job at Meridian at the Rochester MN campus. We went through many changes there, however the support from administration was amazing, The DON from Twin Cities you cannot say enough about as a nurse working under her. I felt supported my the upper management, always.
There was great team work once the garden was "weeded out."
Excellent benefits, the pay could be better for nurses with the experience I had. It lacked organization at the time I wad employed, but things may have changed.
Overall Meridian is a wonderful company to be a part of.
MBH recently acquired the rehab facility I work at.m and nothing good has come of it
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, VTFebruary 18, 2018
I love my job working with tha patients, but since MBH took over we can’t provide the level of care we need to, due to them firing SEVERAL good staff members and pushing us to put money before our client care. All they care about is money. Also, program they use to document everything is overly complex and counterintuitive. People who have worked at the facility for a decade are considering quitting, due to the lack of staff causing extreme stress. My coworkers are great people who REALLY love their jobs and care about clients and make the facility the amazing place it is, but MBH is chasing people away in droves
Pros
So far my salary has stayed the same
Cons
Everything else
stressful
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 12, 2018
Aides had to be watched to keep them to be on the floor, stressful, cutthroat, no calls frequently both aides and nurses. unorganized nurses station.
Lots of hours required for this position
Collector /Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 24, 2018
I would not recommend Meridian to any worker trained in the Insurance field because of their aversion to Insurance trained professionals and the Insurance Industry as a whole.
see below
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sylva, NCJanuary 24, 2018
what I learned was that you could work for Meridian for 20 years and lose your job. Not a company where you can trust the management. job promotion depends on how well you are liked and not on your work or attendance record.
Pros
loved my job
Cons
Management is horrible but i loved the job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Expected to do waaay above my pay grade a lot of errors made in nursing department with little consequences only people who experienced consequences were those who questioned horrible nurse manager and used chain of command i would not recommend working there only people suffering for this poor management are the actual clients
Cons
Long work hours even though only scheduled 8 hours a day
Best and worst place to work
TMA (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 20, 2017
Management is horrible. They should be shut down. Clients are the ones suffering. They care about money at that's it. They are lucky they haven't hurt someone with their lack or knowledge in nursing dept.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Everything else
HIGH stress, NO management
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNDecember 14, 2017
I could write a book on the horrors of working for this company. Money is the one and only thing that drives this company. Recovery isn't even a thought in the minds of management. It's truly shocking that DHS hasn't shut the doors on most of their Minnesota locations.
100% of the positive reviews are written by management and/or corporate.
Pros
YOU can help the clients!
Cons
EXTREMELY understaffed, Constant program/rule changes(often without notifying employees) For every step forward, management brings you 2 steps back.
I enjoyed the job
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 7, 2017
This job was for me and i enjoyed working there. they had a high turn over rate with all staff. I hardly ever had coverage to take time off. The clients can be difficult if people dont know how to handle stressful situations.
Pros
fun and theres always things to learn
Cons
can not use PTO
Not the best place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 29, 2017
Going into this job as a nurse, I thought it would be a great work culture with a lot of flexibility. I had heard a lot of hype around this company but I honestly think that was a management tactic to get staff hired. You are often required to work around other peoples schedules, for example, if there was a call-in, you are mandated to stay no matter what or else you will loose your job. You are given a decent amount of paid time off but its difficult to use due to demanding schedules and understaffing. Shifts typically to go longer than scheduled due to extra work needing to be done. Staff turnover is high so youre often training new people when youre new yourself. Management seems to be more concerned with the company reputation and how they look in the public rather than staff satisfaction. It is a healthcare setting and as always, employees in these settings have to make sacrifices but this job takes too much from their employees.
Pros
Good pay, decent benefits, great clients
Cons
Hours, management, scheduling
Great job
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (LADC) (Current Employee) –  Mahtomedi, MNNovember 22, 2017
I enjoyed the job very much. I left because I was only working 32 hours per week and I was working nights, weekends, and holidays. I am hoping to find a more normal schedule.
Pros
Good benefits, great boss, fun work environment
Cons
bad hours, work holidays, can be stressful
I enjoy my job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 12, 2017
I really love my job and enjoy my co-workers and patients. I am happy with my hourly wage, health care, 401k, and paid time off. The only negative about my position is the past 2 nurse managers but they are no longer with the company.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Past management
Positive Culture
Mental Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 7, 2017
A typical day consisted of helping clients with every aspect of care from registration to doctor's appointments.
I learned how to conduct risk assessments, develop treatment plans and network with community services for needed resources within treatment plan objectives. Most importantly I learned how to treat people with compassion, kindness and a commitment to the best level of care.
The management at Meridian was very supportive, knowledgeable and representative of the company's core values.
The best part of this job was working with a team of professionals to bring positive and responsible care to patients.
Pros
free lunches, free educational programs
Cons
challenging to obtain promotions
I loved working with my direct supervisor but i did not like the management above him.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLOctober 27, 2017
It's all about the money with all the managers that are above the department managers. They don't care about the safety or well being of their clients or staff. Then when they do have staff that care about the clients and the company, those staff are treated unfairly and often fired for no reason or they dig and make things up to fire people. There is a lot of reverse discrimination that goes on there too. Forget it if you are sick and have a doctor's excuse. Even when it's something contagious they expect you to work and infect the clients but that just shows the lack of compassion they have for the people that pay their salaries. They also stopped screening potential clients that have violent backgrounds because beds weren't being filled to capacity (again a money issue). Now they accept everyone which is a huge safety issue for current clients and staff.
Pros
The clients, that's what made my job great
Cons
Safety, lack of raises, benefits are awful and lack of compassion from higher ups
Is not a bad place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I truly enjoyed working here, it just got to be unsafe due to lack of people who were willing to work. I would recommend this place because things may have changed.
Pros
Employee benefits
Cons
Safety
great place to work
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marble, NCSeptember 27, 2017
very professional place to work, I enjoyed my time there. I worked there for almost 6 years and loved the team of professionals I worked with. I was treated well, the pay was not good though for the amount of work that I did.
Best LPN job ever!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Started working with Valhalla Place 4 years ago. I have made advances in my education and career. There are known expectations with open communication and a positive work environment. Excellent team work amongst the nursing staff and counselors. Management provides great support. If you want to work with dedicated nurses that provide the best patient care join our team.
Pros
Day is over at 1:45 most days
Loved the work, dedicated and really liked what I did working with the people.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, MNAugust 30, 2017
I highly recommend employment at Meridian Behavioral Health. Helping individuals progress in their life skills and behavior. We were short staffed, but take it one thing at a time and there will be positivity in the work place. We work as a team and help each other achieve the best we can be.
Pros
Work Well As A Team
Cons
Short Staffed
Very poor management
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 25, 2017
Very poor management, very poor on the job training, short staffed, under paid, long hours, chaos between co-worker, medication errors, unappreciated by management
Pros
Cons
Everything in nursing
Stressful work environment
Case Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 17, 2017
Management is poor and lacks supportive ability.
No structure or training.
Co-workers awesome!
Stressful when management lacked communication.
No coverage for your groups.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight