Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Working for Meridian
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 14, 2018
Meridian gave me an opportunity to continue to grow.
I gained a deeper understanding of working with the MICD population with significant criminal thinking.
October 26, 2018

It sounds like you've had a great experience with our organization - thank you for sharing!

A great place to work with great coworkers
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNOctober 4, 2018
Meridian offers a wide array of jobs in the substance abuse and mental health field. We deal with patients from all walks of life and get to see it all. Every day is a new day and a new experience. The pay could be a little better all the way around, but a lot is made up for with the generous amount of PTO given to employees. Benefits are fair and comparable to most similar sized employers, and most importantly fellow employees are easy to get along with and enjoyable working environments abound.
Don't do it
Trained Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNSeptember 21, 2018
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't actually care about the clients. They care about money. From what I saw they don't even care if they actually help people, they're just fine with them coming back. Keeps theoney coming back I guess. The minute you do go out of your way to help, you get in trouble for doing so. They pretty much make up their own rules from day to day on who can do what. They have no accountability when they do fail in helping people. There's absolutely no stability. Somehow they can't seem to understand how their success rate is so low. Maybe because this company is 100% for profit and cou
ld care less about the actual care it's residents recieve?
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor management, you're punished for doing your job essentially
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear this was your experience with our management team and with the organization as a whole. We try to impact as many lives as we can, and are saddened to hear this was what you took from our approach. Recovery is not typically a quick fix, with many individuals requiring continued care. We aim to provide personalized care to each and every patient who crosses our threshold. The information you've shared will be taken into account as we strive to continuously improve all aspects of our employee culture. - Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Satisfied Employee
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2018
When stepping into the field of addiction, there are going to be significant challenges that arise. Meridian Behavioral Health-Tapestry, is one of those learning opportunities! This facility has amazing employees within, from EVERY department! The director is by far inspirational! The clinical supervisor has a heart of gold that is full of support and always willing to lend a helping hand. This facility offers job security (as we tend to fire ourselves with our actions and behaviors). The benefits that are offered through MBH are satisfying. I believe that if a person is compassionate about their job, then it definitely is displayed by their care to the patients. After all, that is our immediate goal. With all of that we need to practice time management, respect, empathy, BOUNDARIES, stress management, and of course.... Personal time outs. Professionals are also human and it's ok to have bad days, but it does not make the facility a bad place. When you walk into the doors of TAP the feeling of warmth greets you. In time of need, everyone pulls together to make it work, like a family. There's going to be moments of frustrations, feelings of being overwhelmed, and of course disagreements, but that's ok, because everyone still brings special talents to the table. I will not sugar coat anything, but this facility is a fast pace environment and not everyone can keep up, but that's ok, because it's not everyone's cup of tea either. So, rather than solely focusing on the negative, why not look for the positive! This company is great, I LOVE doing what I do and I'm proud  more... to be apart of it. Hopefully, you will come join too! Let's make a difference in the field of recovery!  less
Pros
Support, compensation, benefits, tuition reimbursement, not being micro managed, wonderful meals, understanding, great team, comfortable environment, learning opportunities
Cons
Could use more staff, especially mental health professionals
Not a goodnplace to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNJuly 13, 2018
Lack of training was biggest problem. Go to central location for all the facilities and with each place is different..went to first day and was thrown in like I should have known what I was doing..management and co workers were not willing to help with training. Knowing the right thing to do and document in the computer system..if they corrected that it would be a very rewarding place to work. The work itself with the patients was awesome co workers were back stabbers and weren't available for questions or help.
Pros
Client's
October 10, 2018

I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with Meridian. Training and mentoring is crucial to all who work in a direct-care role. In recognition of this, we are beginning work on some exciting improvements designed to help everyone feel supported and comfortable in performing all aspects of their job. I would encourage you to revisit working with us in the future because as you say, it is very rewarding work. – Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Difficult place to work
Chemical Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 10, 2018
Difficult place to work due to revolving door. Although it can be rewarding in helping folks get off drugs. I do take satisfaction in that.
The hardest part of the job is putting up with management's attitude about the para-proffesionals.
Pros
You do help guys get off drugs
Cons
Staff treated like slaves
October 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The work we do is rewarding and the role of the Recovery Specialist / Chemical Health Tech is vital to the level of patient care we provide. I'm disappointed to hear you've had this experience. Please know your feedback will be shared and taken into consideration as we continue to take steps that improve our employee culture. - Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Not impressed
LADC (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 4, 2018
Meridian cares only about filling beds and census. Clients are provided with little services and virtuality no individual time. While an employee I did not receive any supervision and as part of my yearly review I was shamed for taking the 3 days of bereavement when a family member died. The work days are long with promises of hiring more staff. Not only would I not recommend working at one of these facilities I would not refer a family member or loved one to seek services through Meridian.
Pros
Money to invest in computer equipment
Cons
Work hours, management
October 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with your site and management team. Please know that some new initiatives are rolling out in the near future to help provide guidance and training to our leadership teams so they can better and more effectively support their employees. – Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Ok pay, that's it.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 3, 2018
Policy changes on a daily basis without informing you.

Training is minimal.

I loved the work. Hated the politics and lack of consistency in policy.

The employee handbook is a joke.

You should be able to sign up for meals provided, but they are often short... Leaving staff with no food.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of training. Request policy change without sufficient communication.
Unprofessional and Poor Work Culture
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 27, 2018
What A Joke! Management is very unsupportive and I mean if they don’t like you, they don't like you. Employees will frequently talk about you behind your back even if you are a good therapist or counselor. People don’t last long here and quit or are fired. Increase turnover. Poor work culture. Lacks training. Low morale. Very unprofessional and sometimes ethically challenged. Do NOT work here! If you want a healthy and supportive environment.
good company to work
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 20, 2018
Typical day consists of constant movement and fixing of interior and exterior grounds.. Interaction with other staff and clients. enjoy all aspects of the job.
Amazing workplace and employees
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MN 55060June 20, 2018
I can't imagine working anywhere else! Love what I do! My boss is great and so are the people that I work with. I love helping people. I get paid well for what I do. There is an opportunity for overtime. I always get my scheduled hours. There isn't drama or conflict. There is room to continue advancing here. They even do tuition reimbursement! I leave work after every shift and can hardly believe I get paid to do this! Amazing!
Pros
Pay, environment, staff, food
Chaotic and unprofessional
Staff (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 11, 2018
Many workers left within a year or so. A lot of problems like high turnover, lack of directions/communication, poor management, favoritism, little training, and poor patient services.
Wonderful Place to Work
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNJune 9, 2018
Wonderful Place to work and help others regain their life skills and opportunities to heal. Everyone is considerate and Respectful. Everyone cares for the patients.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Not specific Lunch break times
Rewarding Career
Nurse Manager, RN (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
A typical work day consists of patient interaction, medication administration, providing patient education, preparing for visiting onsite providers like Nurse Practitioners and Psychiatric. With a large portion of patients having Co-occurring illness(chemical dependency and mental health diagnosis) it can be challenging to set standards for patients to follow. Many of our patients come from unsafe environments and need structure. I would not say our patients are unmanageable however they can be difficult at times. We are a no touch facility so patients can not have any physical contact with other patients or staff at any time. I feel we work in a safe, clean, and family like environment. It can be stressful due to the fast pace. Patients stay in the program approx 30-90 days. We have patients discharging and arriving daily. The nursing team is like a family. The coworkers and helping people succeed are the best parts of the job.
Pros
New medical, dental, vision, 401K match, cheap lunch
Cons
Very fast paced, patients can be disgruntle at times, however we work to improve it during their stay.
Love my Job!
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Pine City, MNMay 3, 2018
I currently work at Meadow Creek in Pine City, I have been here for over 3 years and started as a Tech and after schooling became an LPN and was moved right into nursing! Every day is a new challenge but very exciting and fast paced! Helping people is something we get to do everyday! At times days can be stressful but we have a great team that that we all are able to help each other through each situation! Our Nurse manager is great at helping and also very accommodating with schedules.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
can be stressful
Total, absolute chaos
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vergennes, VTApril 27, 2018
If you want to work in a place with staffing issues, gossiping coworkers, and NO rules, rewards, or sanctions for clients, this is the job for you. Fortuately, I heard the Bradford location is not like this at all. This place is a mess and needs structure.
Pros
Some clients actually want the help
Cons
Gossiping coworkers, no rules, absolute chaos
Not a safe work environment
Behavioral Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 24, 2018
When I began working for RRBHS, I thoroughly enjoyed my job in all its entirety. Things changed when new management took over. It began to be a very stressful job due to lack of staff. This began to be a very unsafe work environment quickly. The high acuity was more than the staff was able to handle. There would be 1 staff member responsible for upwards of 17 patients- overworking both nursing and floor staff. This facility did not attempt to rectify any situations where staff members were physically harmed by patients- even multiple occurrences from the same patient. The management cares more about money and accepting as many patients as possible rather than caring for the needs of their staff. Staff needs were not met at any point after new management came to be. No constructive criticism was provided, only micromanaging and harsh criticism and fear of losing your job over small errors. Best part of working here is the coworkers on the floor- great team work, especially on night shift. If you are interested in working in an understaffed and high acuity environment, RRBHS is the place for you.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Understaffed, overworked
Fast paced environment, challenging, rewarding
LPN (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNFebruary 22, 2018
I loved my job at Meridian at the Rochester MN campus. We went through many changes there, however the support from administration was amazing, The DON from Twin Cities you cannot say enough about as a nurse working under her. I felt supported my the upper management, always.
There was great team work once the garden was "weeded out."
Excellent benefits, the pay could be better for nurses with the experience I had. It lacked organization at the time I wad employed, but things may have changed.
Overall Meridian is a wonderful company to be a part of.
MBH recently acquired the rehab facility I work at.m and nothing good has come of it
Recovery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bradford, VTFebruary 18, 2018
I love my job working with tha patients, but since MBH took over we can’t provide the level of care we need to, due to them firing SEVERAL good staff members and pushing us to put money before our client care. All they care about is money. Also, program they use to document everything is overly complex and counterintuitive. People who have worked at the facility for a decade are considering quitting, due to the lack of staff causing extreme stress. My coworkers are great people who REALLY love their jobs and care about clients and make the facility the amazing place it is, but MBH is chasing people away in droves
Pros
So far my salary has stayed the same
Cons
Everything else
Management is horrible but i loved the job
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 11, 2018
Expected to do waaay above my pay grade a lot of errors made in nursing department with little consequences only people who experienced consequences were those who questioned horrible nurse manager and used chain of command i would not recommend working there only people suffering for this poor management are the actual clients
Cons
Long work hours even though only scheduled 8 hours a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight