Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Not Truly Co-occurring
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMay 20, 2019
This place is not truly co-occurring. No matter what they advertise or say. They hire MHP’s but management will tell you that they cannot hire more because they are “too expensive” and are “an accessory” to treatment, like they are a name brand purse or something.

Due to the above, there are 20 clients or more on a caseload and never enough time to meet with them and provide them the care that they DESERVE. DHS has informed providers it’s a max of 8 clients but nothing has changed. When you advocate for your own mental health or that of your clients it could result in punishment or you will be ignored.

If you are an ethical individual do not apply.
Pros
Some co-workers, clients were appreciative, does have good benefits
Cons
Poor management, no mental health manager, facility had mold
Crazy management
Manager (Former Employee) –  MNApril 19, 2019
I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. All the management is crazy, and I mean psychopaths, with nothing but profit on their minds. They don't care about the employees or the patients, the only goal is to keep the beds full.
Pros
Good pay for some positions
Cons
Horrible atmosphere and managers from the top down
April 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our organization. I'm sorry to hear this has been your impression. I know we have a number of long-time staff that would have other opinions and am disappointed to learn you've not had a similar experience to theirs.

Stay Away
LADC (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 11, 2019
This place really has potential but with the current leadership it is failing. They overwork their employees. Favoritism is valued more than qualifications or your actual work ethic. The schedule changes constantly. Staff continues to leave due to shabby leadership. In my entire time there I worked hard with no recognition by leadership. DHS is a common occurrence due to lack of training. They preach self care but do little to help their staff take care of themselves. It is not uncommon for counselors to take their laptops home to finish documentation because your caseload is so high there is no other time to get things done. You are micromanaged to no end. Honestly working with the patients was the best part. The "office culture" and favoritism was the worst. I was hoping to be with this organization longer. If you value ethics and hard work this is not the place for you.
Pros
Going home.
Cons
Everything.
April 26, 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback and know that these comments are read. If you haven't yet completed your exit survey, I would encourage you to do so as that information is used to influence changes within the organization.

Fast paced work environment providing direct care to patients
Recovery Specialist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNApril 10, 2019
I began working at Meridian Behavioral Health Oakridge Treatment Center I had worked in the field for several years. I had worked for larger companies who claimed that the needs of the patient comes first. We have an Amazing new Director that takes this as a call to arms rather than lip service. I was a Recover Specialist less than a year and by showing up to work and proving that I was reliable and I did not have any inappropriate relationships with patients in less than a year I was promoted to a Supervisor position. I also seen other team members get promoted to start up new Treatment Centers for having the same commitments and work ethic.
Pros
Gain a great deal of experience working with people struggling with addiction and mental health.
Cons
Fluid environment based on the mood of patients, Can be chaotic one day and easy going the next, or both every 5 minutes.
Poor workplace
Private (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 6, 2019
This company is worst place to work. Favoritism to people that do not do there jobs. People that work hard and go above there duty’s get treated like dogs. I would not recommend this place to no one, upper management not good at all unless you go out to drink with them. They do not care about the employees or clients all they want is money. Only way to get promotions at this company is who you know or who you blow.

DO NOT APPLY TO THIS COMPANY, you will regret working there.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Poor management
Over All Review
Confidential (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNApril 5, 2019
I enjoy(ed) the team I work(ed) with on a day to day basis. However, the compensation evaluation along with the merit increase and marginal gross seem to be unfounded. The aspects of their business evaluation fell short along with the culture and therefore, have become an employee-less focused work environment because the drive of business falls short and the employee(s) don't prosper monetarily but the expectations of the employees performance must remain positive. The brand imagine and acquisitions did not drive the culture and sadly the success of culture for professional, personal growth.
Weird Place to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradford, VTMarch 28, 2019
I worked with some great people and made friends for a life time,Meridian had recently bought this place so changes are happening. The communication is horrible and a patient (especially in young adult unit) can and will make up stories about Their RA if they are mad because you redirected them or put them on Level freeze. for disruptive behavior. The Management actually listens to them and you can get in trouble for something a 15 yr old made up. Not always but you can. I felt that they should be at our back more. I did experience one girl getting fired and was escorted out in tears, when she was totally in the right. A lot of people who had been there longer then myself were gun shy of the management and were truly great employees .I lost respect for the management. I do believe it provided a great service and the patients really benefitted from The program provided. But the management (who knows what they are dealing with from their higher ups) will save their butts at the RA's expense. I saw this forming. And being I am not someone to cower to these things I did not see longevity in my position and left. It has been known in The area that not many stay for a year or better. there. are a couple of people have but not many. It does have a bad reputation in that area. They did make a rule in a staff meeting of only 3 call outs a year. Now this I believe is what we have Per diems for. When new Patients come in some are carrying viruses and those go right thru the building and gets every employee eventually. And it stays there. So you are constantly getting sick. They were generous  more... with PTO. and would reprimand you for being at work sick ,but mad if you called out. Some people were working with high fevers and fatigue In fear of losing their jobs. Definitely a no win. It does provide a great service thou.  less
Pros
Pay, PTO and benefits
Cons
Back stabbing
What a joke~
RS (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNMarch 27, 2019
This place is a joke. ALWAYS understaffed.The turnover there is the worst I’ve ever seen. Management and director are only concerned about money not the clients. Working there I can’t tell you how many movies these guys watch and the same ones over and over again and they call it class take attendance and turn it in to billing the state as a class. There are absolutely no safety measures in place they will tell you never be alone with a client, but then they send just you and a client to a Dr.’s appointment or dental or even to drive sometimes 3 hours to go get a new admission. They preach boundaries, but they don’t train you on it and the boundaries are different for each employee. Absolutely no consistency in policy at all. They will fire one employee for being late, when one employee calls in for 4-5 days in a row. The worst part of the whole place is that it is filthy just gross. They have had bed bugs SO many times it’s gross. The cops, firefighters, and drug dogs are out there all the time. The clients are constantly getting high, because there are usually two RS staff to do the job of 6. So no one can watch or keep an eye on anything that is going on. Management expects you to fill in or pick up hours because they are so short staffed. The ONLY thing positive about this place is that you can get overtime if that’s what you want. Management doesn’t care about their employees or the clients.
Pros
The scenery & overtime
Cons
No breaks, no vending machine, (with anything other than candy and chips)in it.
April 26, 2019

Taking the time to share thoughts on our organization is appreciated although I'm sorry you've had this experience. I hope you would have shared your comments with HR while you were still employed. We aim to be a place of work people want to be at and can only implement changes when they're brought to the table.

Don’t work Here!
Director of Facilities and Purchasing (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMarch 1, 2019
Company lacks a healthy culture and the upper management has no clue of what they are doing, which trickles down into the entire company. There is a tremendous amount of dishonesty and the care they provide to patients is lacking at best. The treatment centers aren’t clean or safe to occupy whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Everything, not a healthy place to work.
Caring and flexible
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNJanuary 31, 2019
The resource center is a highly professional and very friendly work environment. Departments are collaborative and easy to work with. A great place to work!
Run fast and far
RN Manager (Former Employee) –  MNDecember 10, 2018
RN in a Leadership role. No regard for the profession and responsibilities, only that they employ one to fulfill the licensing requirement and so theyhave someone to throw under the bus when someone ODs in their program.
Pros
Not one
This place is a cluster
Intern (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNOctober 26, 2018
Blind leading the blind. Incompetency is the norm here and is not something people get fired for. Turnaround is incredibly high. No one appears to actually enjoy working here. Very unprofessional main office (cursing, flip-flops, bra straps).
November 14, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I know I love working for Meridian at the Resource Center and am sorry to hear you've had a different experience. I will share your feedback with my colleagues as we want this to be a great place to work and look for ways in which we can improve our culture. - Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Working for Meridian
Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaOctober 14, 2018
Meridian gave me an opportunity to continue to grow.
I gained a deeper understanding of working with the MICD population with significant criminal thinking.
October 26, 2018

It sounds like you've had a great experience with our organization - thank you for sharing!

A great place to work with great coworkers
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Brighton, MNOctober 4, 2018
Meridian offers a wide array of jobs in the substance abuse and mental health field. We deal with patients from all walks of life and get to see it all. Every day is a new day and a new experience. The pay could be a little better all the way around, but a lot is made up for with the generous amount of PTO given to employees. Benefits are fair and comparable to most similar sized employers, and most importantly fellow employees are easy to get along with and enjoyable working environments abound.
Don't do it
Trained Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNSeptember 21, 2018
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't actually care about the clients. They care about money. From what I saw they don't even care if they actually help people, they're just fine with them coming back. Keeps theoney coming back I guess. The minute you do go out of your way to help, you get in trouble for doing so. They pretty much make up their own rules from day to day on who can do what. They have no accountability when they do fail in helping people. There's absolutely no stability. Somehow they can't seem to understand how their success rate is so low. Maybe because this company is 100% for profit and cou
ld care less about the actual care it's residents recieve?
Pros
Working with the residents
Cons
Hostile work environment, poor management, you're punished for doing your job essentially
October 10, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear this was your experience with our management team and with the organization as a whole. We try to impact as many lives as we can, and are saddened to hear this was what you took from our approach. Recovery is not typically a quick fix, with many individuals requiring continued care. We aim to provide personalized care to each and every patient who crosses our threshold. The information you've shared will be taken into account as we strive to continuously improve all aspects of our employee culture. - Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Satisfied Employee
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2018
When stepping into the field of addiction, there are going to be significant challenges that arise. Meridian Behavioral Health-Tapestry, is one of those learning opportunities! This facility has amazing employees within, from EVERY department! The director is by far inspirational! The clinical supervisor has a heart of gold that is full of support and always willing to lend a helping hand. This facility offers job security (as we tend to fire ourselves with our actions and behaviors). The benefits that are offered through MBH are satisfying. I believe that if a person is compassionate about their job, then it definitely is displayed by their care to the patients. After all, that is our immediate goal. With all of that we need to practice time management, respect, empathy, BOUNDARIES, stress management, and of course.... Personal time outs. Professionals are also human and it's ok to have bad days, but it does not make the facility a bad place. When you walk into the doors of TAP the feeling of warmth greets you. In time of need, everyone pulls together to make it work, like a family. There's going to be moments of frustrations, feelings of being overwhelmed, and of course disagreements, but that's ok, because everyone still brings special talents to the table. I will not sugar coat anything, but this facility is a fast pace environment and not everyone can keep up, but that's ok, because it's not everyone's cup of tea either. So, rather than solely focusing on the negative, why not look for the positive! This company is great, I LOVE doing what I do and I'm proud  more... to be apart of it. Hopefully, you will come join too! Let's make a difference in the field of recovery!  less
Pros
Support, compensation, benefits, tuition reimbursement, not being micro managed, wonderful meals, understanding, great team, comfortable environment, learning opportunities
Cons
Could use more staff, especially mental health professionals
Not a goodnplace to work
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNJuly 13, 2018
Lack of training was biggest problem. Go to central location for all the facilities and with each place is different..went to first day and was thrown in like I should have known what I was doing..management and co workers were not willing to help with training. Knowing the right thing to do and document in the computer system..if they corrected that it would be a very rewarding place to work. The work itself with the patients was awesome co workers were back stabbers and weren't available for questions or help.
Pros
Client's
October 10, 2018

I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with Meridian. Training and mentoring is crucial to all who work in a direct-care role. In recognition of this, we are beginning work on some exciting improvements designed to help everyone feel supported and comfortable in performing all aspects of their job. I would encourage you to revisit working with us in the future because as you say, it is very rewarding work. – Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Difficult place to work
Chemical Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNJuly 10, 2018
Difficult place to work due to revolving door. Although it can be rewarding in helping folks get off drugs. I do take satisfaction in that.
The hardest part of the job is putting up with management's attitude about the para-proffesionals.
Pros
You do help guys get off drugs
Cons
Staff treated like slaves
October 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The work we do is rewarding and the role of the Recovery Specialist / Chemical Health Tech is vital to the level of patient care we provide. I'm disappointed to hear you've had this experience. Please know your feedback will be shared and taken into consideration as we continue to take steps that improve our employee culture. - Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Not impressed
LADC (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJuly 4, 2018
Meridian cares only about filling beds and census. Clients are provided with little services and virtuality no individual time. While an employee I did not receive any supervision and as part of my yearly review I was shamed for taking the 3 days of bereavement when a family member died. The work days are long with promises of hiring more staff. Not only would I not recommend working at one of these facilities I would not refer a family member or loved one to seek services through Meridian.
Pros
Money to invest in computer equipment
Cons
Work hours, management
October 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your perspective. I’m sorry to hear this was your experience with your site and management team. Please know that some new initiatives are rolling out in the near future to help provide guidance and training to our leadership teams so they can better and more effectively support their employees. – Lyndsey N. Talent Acquisition Manager

Ok pay, that's it.
Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 3, 2018
Policy changes on a daily basis without informing you.

Training is minimal.

I loved the work. Hated the politics and lack of consistency in policy.

The employee handbook is a joke.

You should be able to sign up for meals provided, but they are often short... Leaving staff with no food.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of training. Request policy change without sufficient communication.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Meridian Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight