Meridian Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in Minneapolis, MN

Fast Pace
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2017
I had a great experience working with Meridian. The work culture is fast pace and diverse. There is a lot to be learned here. Great place with friendly staff and clients.
Not a good fit for me
Methadone Nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2016
Administered Methadone to clients. There was not very much variety in the job. The most difficult part of my job was the co-workers. There was no team work. People continually talked behind peoples backs. The supervisor would tell the workers what a terrible job they were doing all the time.
Pros
One of my Co-Workers is still a great friend of mine.
Cons
Not enough variety.
Money hungry for profit company
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2016
Unqualified managers, very poor work ethic, could care less about the clients. If you want to ruin people's lives, this company is for you!! Alliance methadone clinic is a drug empoium. Management knows about it, but they turn their head. I wish the state would investigate this dump.
Pros
Cons
It's Meridian. And they treat employees like DIRT!!
Exceptional Management/Employee turnover
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 22, 2015
Team work has paid off! Meridian has purchased this previous business 5 months ago and making big changes to up their services, to hire professionals worthy of bringing the business back with quality outcomes and hiring happy staff wanting to help their clients get well.
Do not sell this company short, success takes time!
Pros
Staff have a say in meetings, teamwork has grown.
Cons
Long processes to fix what was wrong in the past.
Meridian should be on your top five list of "who not to work for!"
NURSE or tried to be (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 23, 2014
This company has no respect for it's employees and any attempt at helping patients is usually a wasted effort. If you do not like to compromise patient care and line the pockets of the CEO and shareholders you should not work here.
Have a license in this state that you want to keep in good standing? Make SURE you are not employed at Meridian.
The longer you stay the more benefits they take away and yet expect more productivity from the employees. Upper management preaches professionalism but posts pictures of themselves to the employee email that is discriminatory against certain groups of folks they pretend to treat. If you dare mention the transgression ,hope that help comes from above because you find no satisfaction from the corrupt internal structure that is Meridian. The supposed presidents, vice presidents, business development people , HR, and Directors laugh along in fear of standing up for the employees they are supposed to help feel valued so good care can be given to those entrusted to Meridian's care. This is a FOR PROFIT entity that at the least fulfills that portion of their mission.
Upper management is rewarded with perks and parties while being unqualified to run their sites because they are only concerned about filling beds regardless of whether a patient is appropriate or safe to be in Meridian's care.
WATCH Out Meridian is always hiring because employees leave, or are encouraged to leave, when they try to do their job or refuse to cross ethical boundaries. If you work for Meridian be prepared to feel undervalued, understaffed, underappreciated, unheard
  more... and unsupported, I cannot really say anything positive about the time I invested/wasted at this company.  less
Pros
Staff at the individual sites try to give good care with no resources or support.
Cons
Meridian cannot maintain any decent employees.
Poor management, not an enjoyable place to work.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 6, 2014
Was very good at my job, and was told later that I was only hired because they needed a "white person" as an employee.

Also, requested to go to hospital to see my terminally ill mother, and was told that if I did, I would be fired.
Work with clients who have MICD which is an enjoyable challenge.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  minneapolis,mnSeptember 11, 2013
Calculating and dosing methadone to distribute to clients.

I have learned to a lot about calculating methadone orders, and creating a therapeutic environment while dosing clients.

Management has been really good by helping clients and staff by creating great teamwork.

Co-workers have created a great working environment by providing good communication with all the staff members.

I am needing more of a challenge since I calculate and dose for the day. There is not enough variety for me.

Talking with the clients and developing good working relationships.
Pros
Only work every third saturday.
Cons
Sometimes working through lunch without a full break.